RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 SVN open to public, Update on 2.0 Release

Deimos

Page
Wow, hard to believe this thread was created over a year ago.
Been a long time in Release candidate status

Liacs

Sorceror
Sorry, if I ask something that was asked before... but when are you planning on releasing the next RUNUO? I mean, the one updated from the SVN? I am having troubles working with that one :)

Thanks for the answer.

Lia

Jeff

Lord
Liacs;693556 said:
Sorry, if I ask something that was asked before... but when are you planning on releasing the next RUNUO? I mean, the one updated from the SVN? I am having troubles working with that one :)

Thanks for the answer.

Lia

When its done most likely.

Liacs

Sorceror
thanks Jeff... perhaps I should be more precise: what do you want to achieve with in the next release? What are your goals? And how far are you from reaching them?

Erica

Knight
Question says theres Revision 206 but its not showing on the SVN Checkout still shows on the SVN Checkout Revision 200.
Is this a glitch?:rolleyes:

Brutus5000

Sorceror
Erica;705375 said:
Question says theres Revision 206 but its not showing on the SVN Checkout still shows on the SVN Checkout Revision 200.
Is this a glitch?:rolleyes:

There are no changes in RunUO from revision 200 to 210. The changes have to be in another directory which is probably not public. Could be PlayUO, ConnectUO or whatever the devs are storing there :D

stormwolff

Knight
Alex21;705453 said:
im not quite sure what it is, im a noob :eek:

some one please clarify it for me?

SVN? It is a code or file storage system which allows multiple developers to make edits to files and see each others changes so they don't overwrite what the other ones are doing.

In this case it also allows us as uses to download the newest RunUO code pretty much as soon as any changes are committed to the SVN. It is uncompiled code though, which we have to compile. This is a good guide on how to compile the code.

The RunUO SVN code contains many bug fixes and new features over what they released as RunUO 2.0 RC1. It also may contain temporary fixes and working code, so it should be used at your own risk.

What are people generally using to compile this?

What does your directory structure look like? and how do you incorporate the scripts directory into the project?

I'm trying to compile using VS2005 but I don't feel like the structure that I came up with is really very well organized.

stormwolff

Knight
ErikDivinityT2A;705747 said:
What are people generally using to compile this?

What does your directory structure look like? and how do you incorporate the scripts directory into the project?

I'm trying to compile using VS2005 but I don't feel like the structure that I came up with is really very well organized.

I use VS C# 2005 Express Edition.

For the SVN I have a folder on my c: drive named runuo. I use tortoise svn to download the updates.

It looks like

c:\runuo\Server
c:\runuo\Data
c:\runuo\Scripts

You only need to compile the server folder from the svn, you don't have to include the scripts or data folder items in your build. You only need them when running the server.

If you starting with a fresh server you can just move those out of your svn folder and into a new one. Then put the exe that gets compiled in there and you should be good to go.

If you are moving from 2.0 RC1 you will probably want to merge all script updates into your RC1 directory, which you can read about in the svn log.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not upgrading, I'm trying to get the enviornment set up so that i can view both the core and the scripts within one solution, and also have the debugger work (in core). Having a lot of trouble needless to say. It's probably way overkill to do it this way but I love the IDE and this will also allow me to jump to core funtions for reference right from my scripts.

As a seperate problem, although I am able to compile and run the server, I'm also getting crashes due to "Unable to load DLL 'zlib32'" although I did put it in the executable directory.

Thanks for your help. If I am successful in creating a tidy solution I'll post how I did it.

sailor

Wanderer
with latest revision (219) i can't open chat menu with 6.0.1.8 client. (chat is not supported blah blah) but with 6.0.1.6 there is no problem. i guess there is something with 6.0.1.7 implementation. does anybody have this problem?

Grom09

Sorceror
=(
i clicked the website, and i cant log in ,
it says authorization required

I know ppl posted the same thing as me, but there is more
i downloaded the svn tortoise
Download | TortoiseSVN
and installed it, restarted my computer
and yea, nothing happened all i got is a file with bin, icons,language, nothing related to uo?

do i just manually drag 100 files from
Revision 263: /devel - data, scripts
to my desktop?
how can i get the whole package! =(
*i am currently using runuo 2.0 RC1 and am trying to get SVN because there are no ML pakcs for RC1

stormwolff

Knight
Grom09;716318 said:
=(
i clicked the website, and i cant log in ,
it says authorization required

I know ppl posted the same thing as me, but there is more
i downloaded the svn tortoise
Download | TortoiseSVN
and installed it, restarted my computer
and yea, nothing happened all i got is a file with bin, icons,language, nothing related to uo?

do i just manually drag 100 files from
Revision 263: /devel - data, scripts
to my desktop?
how can i get the whole package! =(
*i am currently using runuo 2.0 RC1 and am trying to get SVN because there are no ML pakcs for RC1

No you don't need to save every file. Tortoise should have added a new option in your windows context menus for SVN access. Make a new folder in your c: drive and right click on it. You should see new SVN options for checkout, choose that and put in the RunUO SVN url, it will download all the stuff, then you just need to compile it.

Grom09

Sorceror
ok, now i drag the file into runuo (with other files) correct?
and say yes to everything to rewrite, and wish for no errors, correct?

stormwolff

Knight
Grom09;716425 said:
ok, now i drag the file into runuo (with other files) correct?
and say yes to everything to rewrite, and wish for no errors, correct?

No, if you do this you will get errors due to some of the changes in the SVN and the new Ore/resource setup.

Your best bet is to make a new shard folder and putt he SVN scripts in there, use a merge tool to merge in any edits you have done to any rc1 distro files.
If you have not made a shard yet or any changes to distro files, just use the SVN folder for a fresh start.

Your RunUO exe is out of date for use with the SVN scripts. You will have to compile what is in the svn/server folder to make a new exe. An alternative could be just downloading it at Arte's XMLSpawnerFan.com site. There are many posts on compiling if you want to go that route.