RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 SVN open to public, Update on 2.0 Release

G

Grom09

=(
i actually get those 4 same major errors even though i got runuo 2
i copied the files, but its still the same thing
anyone?

orgis

Wanderer
man you guys rock with all the work you put into this i dont know how you manage!
thanks for great server

Alcyone

Sorceror
Great Job.

Been spending the better part of the day checking things out. Everything looks soooo great, and the second time I loaded it, it took a whole 3 seconds because of the cached scripts. Congrats on making RunUO even better. I didn't think that was possible.

btw, this thread should be a lot longer, the gripe sessions about it not being out grew faster than this. Shame on all of you out there.

Lokai

Knight
Do I have to Authenticate to use the SVN?

I tried to download through Tortoise SVN and it asks for a username and password.

Lokai

Knight
Never mind. I was using 'Import' instead of 'Check out' so I probably need to be a developer to do that. It let me check out (ie. download with notification when files have been updated) just fine.

Jarrod

Sorceror
I got the SVN yesterday, and when i try to build it (without having modified anything yet) I get the following errors:

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'GumpTextEntryLimited' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Server\Gumps\Gump.cs 310 13 Server

Error 2 The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Gumps.Gump.Add(Server.Gumps.GumpEntry)' has some invalid arguments D:\Server\Gumps\Gump.cs 310 4 Server

Error 3 Argument '1': cannot convert from 'GumpTextEntryLimited' to 'Server.Gumps.GumpEntry' D:\Server\Gumps\Gump.cs 310 9 Server

Kenko

Page
Try WinMerge to update your files; update the Core, and you'll be good.
Also, you should have at least a little idea of how RunUO works to use SVN revisions.

Thistle

Wanderer
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'GumpTextEntryLimited' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) D:\Server\Gumps\Gump.cs 310 13 Server

I think you need to get a fresh copy of the latest SVN to compile from as GumpTextEntryLimited.cs is most certainly in SVN120

S

System 32

ryan, could you upload it to main page please :/ i must go to bed -.- 3am

WeEzL

Wanderer
Upload what? If you would like a copy of what's in the SVN, it is available for you to download from the repository. You can then compile the core and go from there. If you need help with that, do a search on the forums first (as there are MANY threads on how to compile the core), and then ask questions if there's something you don't quite understand... I'm sure someone would be glad to help you. Otherwise, my guess is that the next time you will see RunUO 2.0 uploaded is when it goes into final release... so you will have to either wait until then or download and compile the SVN yourself.

TalRave

Wanderer
WeEzL said:
..... Otherwise, my guess is that the next time you will see RunUO 2.0 uploaded is when it goes into final release... so you will have to either wait until then or download and compile the SVN yourself.

It's been ages since I've been here last... Has there been any news as to estimations of a final release? I've been checking the main page about once a week or so, and figured it was about time to actually ask.

WeEzL

Wanderer
I think the common answer is still "It will be done when it's done."

Work appears to be steadily progressing as evidenced by the consistent updates to the SVN repository. About all we can do is continue to be patient.

TalRave

Wanderer
WeEzL said:
I think the common answer is still "It will be done when it's done."

Aye then, not much has changed. ^_^

I'll try my hand at compiling the core again then. Wish me luck.

TalRave

Wanderer
HellRazor said:
FYI, ArteGordon usually maintains a compiled copy of the latest core from the SVN at the XMLSpawner site.

http://xmlspawner.15.forumer.com

If you use this, make sure you also download the corresponding same version distro scripts from the SVN.

Thanks, it was a great help...
Sadly for some reason my CPU cannot seem to handle RUO2.0... It handles 1.0 perfectly fine, I can even have over 10 other players on, but with 2.0 I can't even run a little private server for myself alone...

This happened when 2.0 first came out and a lot of people said it was a memory leak, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Thanks anyway though!

Just so hard to find a server that has everything I'm looking for, I'll have to stick with using 1.0... *laughs*

Frostleaf

Wanderer
SVN Compilation Error

The following is what I get when I am trying to compile the SVN I just downloaded tonight. My friend was also running into this issue on another fresh instance. I saw that most of these are referring to the "Reports" folder, and I attempted to exclude it from compilation, as I had once removed the reports.cs from my RunUO 2.0 installation because it had caused errors from a fresh install, yet it did not work.

Am I missing something here? I am not quite sure why it is not recognizing files, as it seems to actively be looking for files and folders not included in the SVN?

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 4 18 ConsoleApplication1
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 10 28 ConsoleApplication1
Error 3 The type or namespace name 'UI' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Web' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 11 29 ConsoleApplication1
Error 4 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 164 27 ConsoleApplication1
Error 5 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 229 52 ConsoleApplication1
Error 6 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 267 52 ConsoleApplication1
Error 7 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 277 48 ConsoleApplication1
Error 8 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 361 48 ConsoleApplication1
Error 9 The type or namespace name 'HtmlTextWriter' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Keenan\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\ConsoleApplication1\Scripts\Engines\Reports\Rendering\HtmlRenderer.cs 456 45 ConsoleApplication1

Erica

Knight
Awesome work on the spellweaving on SVN 187 Hopefully they will soon active the spell Dryad Allure and get this error fixed as well from SVN 187.
Code:
05/06-08:02 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Network.NetState.InternalBeginReceive()
   at Server.Network.NetState.OnReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)