RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 Svn][OSI] Mondain's Legacy

MalGanis

Sorceror
[RunUO 2.0 Svn][OSI] Mondain's Legacy

Mondain's Legacy

This is my second useful publish :D. This is a RunUO 2.0 (SVN 302) compatible version and requires extensive modification of some key distro files and 2 core files. Some things aren't exactly like OSI.

Features
  • Quest engine + all quests
  • Community collections
  • New wood types (OSI style)
  • Peerless system
  • Talismans
  • Almoast all crafts
  • Goodies (aquarium, parrot)
  • Set armors
  • Creatures with special abilities (this part is not very OSI accurate)

You can find more info here:

Installation
  • It's strongly recommended that you don't just replace your distro files with those in pack, you should use file compare and merge utility to modify distro files
  • Read installation.txt
  • Put Mondain's Legacy folder somewhere in Scripts folder
  • Compare and merge distro files (There's alot of them:))

Commands:
  • SettingsML pops up a settings menu in which you can enable disable various things
  • DecorateML decorates world with various things like questers, deco... (not monsters)
  • Quests pops up a quest list from targeted player

Warning:
  • Requires core modification

Downloads
mondains-legacy - Google Code

Version 1.19, 28.12.2008
  • Includes changes from svn 0 - svn 33

Attachments

• Compiling core for dummies.zip
    164.4 KB · Views: 9,167

Erica

Knight
Nice job i would do all theses things you put here but since the RunUO Team will have all this added like osi 100% i rather wait till they get this in .
Dont get me wrong this is great so some will want to put this in but in the future for those that add this once the RunUO Team gets ML all in 100% some will probably have issues but than again thats up to those who want to take chances .
And like you said its in beta and should not add this to a public shard but you know lots here will not do that hehe well great job tho. :rolleyes:

Protius73

Sorceror
When compiling the 3 core files im getting this error....

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DG001\DG001\Server\Item.cs 653 30 DG001
and this one
Error 2 The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\DG001\DG001\Server\Item.cs 658 43 DG001

Did ya forget the modification to the "System"?:D

Protius73

Sorceror
DOH!!! man im tired lol didnt even see that file...

Ok fixxed that and now i get this ... and the instructions say nothing about this error...

Error 1 The name 'Ultima' does not exist in the current context C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\DG002\Server\Item.cs 655 20 DG002

Any ideas?

malGanis you are a crazy person lol I hope you offer support as I am gonna use this on a production shard at my own risk. :p
I've looked at some code and I got to say I'm a bit jalous :)

Got one question, are you sure Pyre is hostile? I know he got a damaging aura, but I cant remember a spell throwing bird on my ass ^^
Hmmm also think I got a read of him with meditation not poisoning. But I'm not sure...

Also named creatures aren't scripted to drop para chests yet?
I haven't installed it all yet I'm installing piece by piece.

Also with woods, UO stuff claims that shields have different resist boni than normal wooden armor, is that implemented bc I didn't see it?

Another thing Lurg shouldn't give Karma loss should he? Grobu is the Karma killer. ^^
GrobusFur is blessed, if you add them on spawn, they will be deleted on death, except you changed that.

tequila7

Sorceror
compiling 3 core error
Error1 The name 'Ultima' does not exist in the current context \Item.cs Line 655
Error2 The name 'Ultima' does not exist in the current context \Item.cs Line 660
Error3 The name 'OnItemAdded' does not exist in the current context \Mobile.cs Line 6027

:eek: PLS.

Thistle

Wanderer
I thought I'd start only with the Aquarium and the items necessary for it (fish, net, addoncontainercomponent etc)

Switching to player mode I was unable to close the gump for the aquarium. Even as owner I couldn't close the gump. (if I delete the aquarium while in owner mode the gump closed all by it lil self)

Fish should be able to live in your backpack for about 5 minutes before they die. I caught a few without having a fishbowl in my backpack and they died instantly. *sniffle*

Not verified but according to uostuff.com you should be able to drag/drop a fishbowl containing a fish onto the aquarium. The fish is then placed into the aquarium and the fishbowl returns to your backpack.

Removing a fish from the fishbowl kills it instantly. :eek:

MalGanis

Sorceror
Doh!

I always forget something :rolleyes: I also forgot to put lumberjacking.cs and poison.cs in distro (there's too many files to remember :))

Got one question, are you sure Pyre is hostile? I know he got a damaging aura, but I cant remember a spell throwing bird on my ass ^^
Hmmm also think I got a read of him with meditation not poisoning. But I'm not sure...

Also named creatures aren't scripted to drop para chests yet?
I haven't installed it all yet I'm installing piece by piece.

Also with woods, UO stuff claims that shields have different resist boni than normal wooden armor, is that implemented bc I didn't see it?

Another thing Lurg shouldn't give Karma loss should he? Grobu is the Karma killer. ^^
GrobusFur is blessed, if you add them on spawn, they will be deleted on death, except you changed that.
Told ya many bugs :).Yea he probably uses meditation. Anyway i got all info from veterinary master those blokes (i didn't even fight most of ml monsters, coz i would die quickly on osi). I didn't give karma yet coz its yet to be discovered :(

Not verified but according to uostuff.com you should be able to drag/drop a fishbowl containing a fish onto the aquarium. The fish is then placed into the aquarium and the fishbowl returns to your backpack.
You can do that :)

I will release a new version as soon as i fix the bugs :)

Raider

Wanderer
Hi i got question ok i read your instructions im using SVN 169 and i dont understand what i need to edited in the core i know how to make exe. core from svn when it gets updated . but the poison and mobile and the item i tryed it but get 3 errors when trying to make the core exe would be nice if you would code a section on those three core scripts so it be much esier for some of us to be able to do the exe core edit from yours would appreciated if that would be possible ive been trying to get this exe to get done but keep getting errors thank you.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Raider, use Compare It tool and merge those core files (all changes i made in core are in #region Mondain's Legacy #endregion sections), plus read Installation.txt.

The Core patch it comprises also the Lable of weight?
I think that's a svn change.

Raider

Wanderer
MalGanis;676748 said:
Raider, use Compare It tool and merge those core files (all changes i made in core are in #region Mondain's Legacy #endregion sections), plus read Installation.txt.

I think that's a svn change.
Ok used the merge tool and i got theses 2 errors
Code:
Error	1	The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	C:\Documents and Settings\Ruben Ocasio\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\RunUO 2.0 SVN 169 ML\Item.cs	653	30	RunUO 2.0 SVN 169 ML
and this one
Code:
Error	2	The type or namespace name 'Drawing' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)	C:\Documents and Settings\Ruben Ocasio\Local Settings\Application Data\Temporary Projects\RunUO 2.0 SVN 169 ML\Item.cs	658	43	RunUO 2.0 SVN 169 ML
what am i doing wrong i merged the 3 files.