RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runuo Artist Competition

Kagemaru

Wanderer
That guy is dhabih eng. He's really good, he's a professional though, and makes covers for gaming magazines.

The thing is, if you ask artists in professional art forums, some ask for compensation for work. And some might be nice and do it for free.

Still working on my new art piece.

S

shadeuo

well I lost all my stuff I was working on due to a pc virus so yea im done for the time.

hcker2000

Wanderer
Here is a sample of some of my work.

More can be found at www.hnetinc.com in the gallery.

Cyberspud

Wanderer
Please don't let me hold this up ... I took a couple stabs at "painting" my drawings and the results were laughable...certainly can't hold a candle to the other talented folks here.

I'm still trying as I get time and if I come up with something half way decent, I'll be sure to post them.

Sorry.

Knightshade

Wanderer
Hi all,

After recently creating the new graphics to be used for Pandora's Box, our lead scripter David suggested I post some of my work here to be considered. To be honest, I'm unsure if my skills are what the RunUO team is looking for. I am not a traditional artist, but rather, a designer. I'm highly proficient in photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Illustrator, etc., however my skills lie in compilation, design, and similar areas. I'm currently in the middle of formal training in the arts (I'm an art major), with a special emphasis on computer graphics, and am a professional web designer.

If you're looking for someone to draw out something from scratch (which I gather you are), then I'm not the person you're looking for.

If, however, you would accept someone who is more a designer than an artist, who can take existing elements and form an entirely new and original work out of them, then I would be a good candidate.

Below you'll find the work I just recently created for Arya, as well as a few other pieces I've done recently.

The following is a few studies I've done in 3D. This work is made up of elements created entirely by me, it is 100% original (models, textures, lighting, etc.). They're mostly studies in light, texture, and various other elements, but they should provide a good example of what I'm capable of in 3D.

You can also view further design work of mine on my websites. The artwork on them is mostly created by other sources as opposed to the work listed above which is primarily more original than not. The following website artwork is edited heavily by myself to work with the site design. You'll find reworked imagery by Blizzard, OSI, and other noteable sources. It should be obvious that I did not create those myself. I only redesigned the elements to work within the constraints of the website.

websites are:
shard website - Britannia: http://britannia.valorknights.com
a portion of my guild's website for the upcoming game, World of Warcraft (still being built): http://wow.valorknights.com/

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Knightshade said:
Hi all,

After recently creating the new graphics to be used for Pandora's Box, our lead scripter David suggested I post some of my work here to be considered. To be honest, I'm unsure if my skills are what the RunUO team is looking for. I am not a traditional artist, but rather, a designer. I'm highly proficient in photoshop, 3D Studio Max, Illustrator, etc., however my skills lie in compilation, design, and similar areas. I'm currently in the middle of formal training in the arts (I'm an art major), with a special emphasis on computer graphics, and am a professional web designer.

If you're looking for someone to draw out something from scratch (which I gather you are), then I'm not the person you're looking for.

If, however, you would accept someone who is more a designer than an artist, who can take existing elements and form an entirely new and original work out of them, then I would be a good candidate.

Below you'll find the work I just recently created for Arya, as well as a few other pieces I've done recently.

The following is a few studies I've done in 3D. This work is made up of elements created entirely by me, it is 100% original (models, textures, lighting, etc.). They're mostly studies in light, texture, and various other elements, but they should provide a good example of what I'm capable of in 3D.

You can also view further design work of mine on my websites. The artwork on them is mostly created by other sources as opposed to the work listed above which is primarily more original than not. The following website artwork is edited heavily by myself to work with the site design. You'll find reworked imagery by Blizzard, OSI, and other noteable sources. It should be obvious that I did not create those myself. I only redesigned the elements to work within the constraints of the website.

websites are:
shard website - Britannia: http://britannia.valorknights.com
a portion of my guild's website for the upcoming game, World of Warcraft (still being built): http://wow.valorknights.com/
Want a job with RunUO? :)

Knightshade

Wanderer
To be honest, I'm unsure if my skills are what the RunUO team is looking for.

Want a job with RunUO? :)

I guess that's a yes! lol
I'm flattered that you like the work. I would want to go over the details of any responsibilities I might have before I say yes. My time is notoriously limited, as I work an average of 60 hours a week, plus studies, plus whatever is left over for work on the Britannia shard.

However, I am interested in joining the team, if only on a limited basis. RunUO is a great product and would love to be able to give back to the community in some way.

Ryan, please get in touch with me via ICQ (915613) or via MSN Messenger (add me as [email protected]) or if you don't use either of those, private message me, and we can go over more details. :)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
wow knightshade.. your stuff is REALLY good, that mace looks like it's straight out of an MMO that'll be coming out 5 years from now, and those cups look real =\
do you ever do the photoshop phriday on SA?

Knightshade

Wanderer
wow knightshade.. your stuff is REALLY good, that mace looks like it's straight out of an MMO that'll be coming out 5 years from now, and those cups look real =\

Thanks! :) Glad you like it! I've been working on several "props" here and there in my spare time for a possible CG animated short film set in the UO universe. It's nothing that will be finished anytime soon...if ever. It's all a big project to help myself learn the art of CG. :D

do you ever do the photoshop phriday on SA?

Not really sure what Photoshop Phriday is (or SA for that matter), so I guess no. What is it exactly?

I think my favorite is the candle. Well, other than the Pandora's Box splash.

Thanks David. :) I'm still working on the candle. I'm going to be doing some other things with it...probably putting it in a lantern or giving it a more elaborate holder.

bean56

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
That guys is fucking good.
I think that also applies to knightshade. Very nice man, in my studies in programming i've been almost jealous with what people can do with graphics. Quite simply you can't have a very good program with some good graphics whether it's just a sporty icon or heavy CG. Me on the other hand have never really used photoshop or anything. Those pictures look quite amazing.

Knightshade

Wanderer
Originally Posted by bean56
in my studies in programming i've been almost jealous with what people can do with graphics. Quite simply you can't have a very good program with some good graphics whether it's just a sporty icon or heavy CG.

It's funny that you say that. I've always been jealous of you programmers who are able to make all our graphical work actually DO something.

bean56

Wanderer
Knightshade said:
It's funny that you say that. I've always been jealous of you programmers who are able to make all our graphical work actually DO something.
Really, that is qutie odd. Although your graphical skills far outweight my programming skills :cool:

Nagash

Sorceror
Ok, I know I have no chance to win since I'm only a beginner on photoshop(and besides that I only know something about using 3dsmax), but here goes my trial. Took me about an hour and half to be finish. And it's 100% done by me, all the forms. I have no website cause I'm no artist so I hope nobody claims it as its own. Anyway...if somebody tries that, I'll show something that'll prove that he's lying. I really wouldn't like to say that but...as for what I saw before, I thought I should.

Here goes the first Image:

It's not anything great, but I believe it's more or less what si requested at the contest.