RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Banned From School

TMSTKSBK

Lord
The government. Should be banned. From making technology decisions. Until they've talked to:
IEEE
IETF
ICANN
W3C
*insert industry groups here*
(Although I don't think this would affect RunUO...)

Joeku

Lord
1. Fucking dumbass Republicans.

2. Anyone stupid enough to reveal enough of him/herself to a stranger online deserves to get tracked down, molested, and sold into slavery.

3. Schools, maybe. Public computers (libraries, etc.) hell no.

Killamus

Knight
RunUO is already banned from most school blocks, due to the fact that it is a "Forum of information". Wow, thats kinda self-contradicting, no?

bzk90

Lord
Anyone who deserves to use RunUO will know how to bypass the school blocks anyways. This just means that the dumb myspace teens wont be able to access their "websites".

WarAngel

Wanderer

Why don't you blame the people who deserve to be blamed? There's people from both parties that support it. It's not just Republicans, you ignorant asshole.

Slayer706

Sorceror
This is because everyone in our government is over the age of 30 and they don't know anything about this new time period. When I was in school, our school had a web blocker that made the internet practically useless. You would get on the computer in the library to do research, hit the internet explorer icon, type something like "Poetry by Edgar Allen Poe", and it would come up with "This page has been blocked.". You couldn't access anything. Everyone just talked the whole time they were in the library and waited until they got home so they could actually use the internet. It was BS because this was in highschool..... The government needs to stop treating all of us like we are children that need their guardianship. I am 20 years old and if I want to go to myspace.com that is my damn business. There is no need for the FCC to get involved with that. There is no reason for some 75 year old republican congressman to try to act like he is my father. I moved away from parents just to get away from that kind of crap.

What are they going to do now? Make it so you have to show an ID in a library just access forum websites?

Joeku said:
coming from one, that means alot:D. next thing you know youll be saying fucking dumbass christians. When that happens, we will induct you into our Liberal, postsmoking, infedelous, treehugging, pacisifts, non believer's club.

bzk90

Lord
I "less than three" proxy servers.

edit*
coming from one, that means alot:D. next thing you know youll be saying fucking dumbass christians. When that happens, we will induct you into our Liberal, postsmoking, infedelous, treehugging, pacisifts, non believer's club.

Can I join? Im from CA so naturaly I fit most of those requirements

Slayer706 said:
Where do I sign up AB? Do we have to bring our own pot or does the club provide it for us?
We steal it since we liberals are such degenerates. (from the goody goody republicans who pay the columbians to grow it)

Sunshine

Wanderer
well I am sure I will get slammed..but here goes

As a teacher I do not see where a child trolling the run uo forums will be a benefit to their education...now if the class were to be creating a game or something requiring the same program language, maybe...

But the internet should never replace the education. I taught where Computers were taught from kindergarten up..and in the middle/high school the students had to be monitored every second because they are children and wanted to do things they are not allowed to do ...

I say there is plenty of time to troll the forums when you are out of school. unemployed or heck at work ....

The same filters that blocked the kids blocked all staff, I saw no issue then and it was before I became so old and decrypted

Sunshine

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Anyone stupid enough to reveal enough of him/herself to a stranger online deserves to get tracked down, molested, and sold into slavery.

You know that is cold and WRONG .....You really think a child who over months of talking to someone deserves this?....there are kids killed because they trust some sick bastard who lures them into believing them....

I am shocked and disappointed to know this mentality exsist

I'm all for blocking some sites from schools. But, from public terminals, and blocking things like Slashdot, and Amazon?, where you are not there to focus on education?