RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO going for the gold - 10,000 online

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO going for the gold - 10,000 online

I would like to ask for your assistance. If you run a shard bring it, if you've got a few computers, bring them. Recently the RunUO Team was able to get almost 5,000 users online on one of our shards. We are ready to throw down the challenge to all of our users accross all of our communities to help us push past what even OSI has, and hit 10,000 users online. We've gotten halfway there without asking for external help and had no issues. No lag, no crashes no nothing.... with almost 5,000 users.

So, that said The RunUO Team will be stress testing RunUO x64 bit Edition on Wednesday June 22, 2005 starting at 6:00 PM EST and going to 12:00 AM EST. This test will last 6 hours, and the goal of the test is to get 10,000 users online.

The RunUO Team will appreciate any assistance you can give. This is our last test to ensure the new network code we've put in will handle any load our users can throw at it.

Point your clients to:

login.uogamers.com port 2593

or

UO Gamers: Hybrid on Razor

or

UO Gamers: Hybrid on UO Gateway

This advanced notice should provide you enough time to help if you so desire! We appreciate your assistance, and look forward to seeing you there!

UPDATE: JUST FOR BEING ONLINE SOMEONE WILL WIN AN IPOD SHUFFLE!!!!

Thanks,
Ryan, Mark, Krrios, Zippy, ASayre, and Phenos

MarciXs

Sorceror
How can i know when it starts and when it ends in my timezone? :( i have GMT + 02:00 )

thank you.

EDIT:

Oh by the way , Runuo could give runuo 1.0.1(i hope i typed right the version) for those who would be there.Link in broadcast :) , i think that would really make people to go in and test.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
GMT-8: 3pm - 9pm (Pacific)
GMT-7: 4pm - 10pm (Rocky)
GMT-6: 5pm - 11pm (Central)
GMT-5: 6pm - 12am (Eastern)
GMT-4: 7pm - 1am
GMT-3: 8pm - 2am
GMT-2: 9pm - 3am
GMT-1: 10pm - 4am
GMT : 11pm - 5am
GMT+1: 12am - 6am
GMT+2: 1am - 7am
etc
etc

Alari

Wanderer
And after we're done we can stress-test my 600mhz, 128mb system. Hee. :>

Seriously, sounds like fun. =) I don't want to promise anything but I'll do my best to be present.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
I would like for all Shard Admins that will assist to RSVP with me via email ryan at runuo dawt com

Thanks,
Ryan

Froman2686

Wanderer
hmm...I've been out of this game for a while. Looks like the RunUO team is rapidly moving along. Congrats guys. I'll be at yon stress test.

bzk90

Lord
sicron said:
Looks like its time for REBIRTH to come lay some smack down on hybrids arse...again!

you guys made asses of yourself last time, we can only hope you will behave this time

ill be there ryan

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Y'know it's kinda funny all these admins saying "Our shard will be there". It reminds me of like a feudal lord (Ryan) mustering the armies of his vassals (admins). The admins come in and say "You have my sword!"

Ok so that doesn't paint the admins in the most favorable light. But still.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
TMSTKSBK said:
Y'know it's kinda funny all these admins saying "Our shard will be there". It reminds me of like a feudal lord (Ryan) mustering the armies of his vassals (admins). The admins come in and say "You have my sword!"

Ok so that doesn't paint the admins in the most favorable light. But still.
ya you forgot your [nerd][/nerd] tags