RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO going for the gold - 10,000 online

Phantom

Knight
Add the following numbers, alone, and you have 10,000 active users.

All of the UO Gamers shards forums, All of RunUO Forum community j, Ryan will send an email out from I am sure.

At that point we got, every shard on the UO Gateway list that changes thier ip for 24 hours for the test.

There is NO doubt the server Ryan is using can support 10,000 connections. Not alot of people know about the core changes they have been working on, only those people that have heard people talk about such changes would know.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
I can't believe some of the idiots in this post... you fucking morons do realize that in pushing the RunUO server on Hybrid helps insure us a better release. If a program that required numerous connections such as this wasn't stress tested, I honestly wouldn't want to be the person who finds out what it's limitations are...

Ryan, you should ban the dipshits that think this is a ploy to steal their players (which no doubt are on pathetically scripted shards to begin with).

steeldarkness

Sorceror
I second that *looks Up* If someone can not appreciate the hard work you guys put in to give us our hrs of enjoyment let them stand down and walk away.

Aaron Shadowhawk

MarciXs

Sorceror
Ultima Online client will crash.I am sure about that.

P.S ever tried to be in fullover area? Try to spawn around 2000 NPC's at you...

sicron

Sorceror
Lysdexic said:
I can't believe some of the idiots in this post... you fucking morons do realize that in pushing the RunUO server on Hybrid helps insure us a better release. If a program that required numerous connections such as this wasn't stress tested, I honestly wouldn't want to be the person who finds out what it's limitations are...

Ryan, you should ban the dipshits that think this is a ploy to steal their players (which no doubt are on pathetically scripted shards to begin with).
I couldnt agree with this more...also if they truley had a decent shard then they should have no fear of people leaving...Myself personally I wouldnt play on hybrid anyway because it reminds me too much of what uo has turned into and why I dropped my ea accounts just before pub16...Will I try to do everything I can to log a few accounts on for the test...you bet your ass I will!

Ps In regards to rebirth players making asses of themselves...If poking fun at all the bank sitters in all their blessed neon gear is making an ass of oneself...then call me Dread Lord Ass :p

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
MarciXs said:
Ultima Online client will crash.I am sure about that.

P.S ever tried to be in fullover area? Try to spawn around 2000 NPC's at you...

MarciXs,

We've done this just fine.

We had almost 5000 users online the other night with JUST OUR SHARD users. We're enlisting everyones help tonight to hit 10,000!

WOOO!!! THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!

Kiwi

Knight
If people actually leave their shards to stay on UOGamers because of this event, more power to them. It's not Ryan's fault your shard can't even hold its own players.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Kiwi said:
If people actually leave their shards to stay on UOGamers because of this event, more power to them. It's not Ryan's fault your shard can't even hold its own players.

stabs Kiwi...

YOU HESHEHIMHER THINGY!