RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO RemoteAdmin

floppydisc

Sorceror
RunUO RemoteAdmin

Hi folks,

after realising that RunUO already had it's build-in RemoteAdmin protocol, I thought it would be a good idea to write an UI, to make it easier to make use of this great feature.

Here are some Screenshots of how it looks like:

You can download the current version here:
RemoteAdmin_1-1.zip
You also need these files on the server (they replace distro files!):
RemoteAdmin_1-1_Server.zip

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Version 1.1 (Released 20.09.2005)
- Added Server control (Worldsave, Shutdown, Restart, Broadcast)
- Added Staffchat (ingame command [s)
- Added Comments to the account view
- Added Paging System (allows page handling, deletion and answer)
- Added ability to minimize RemoteAdmin into the tray
- Changed the threading a bit to allow more precise handling of connection loss, etc.
- Warning! RemoteAdmin requires modified distro script files! (RemoteAdmin_1-1_Server.zip)

The credits for the server side changes mostly go to Jakob, who did a really great job in enhancing that protocol to his and my needs :)

I hope for positive responses. :)

floppydisc

Sorceror
I dont have used *any* GPLed code. This program is written in Delphi - every part of RunUO is written in C#. I had to do all the work myself ... there was no way to copy and paste ;)
If you still think I'm a thief and not able to read licenses, then just tell me what you think *is* "stolen". But I guess you not even downloaded the program - otherwise you would have seen for yourself that it could have impossibly been written in .NET. The filesize alone should show that even without detailed knowledge of the structure of a .NET executable.

Btw. thanks to the RunUO team for releasing such a great program - the way the RunUO source is structured changed my view on object orientation and my view on network programming.

kirax2

Wanderer
Thanks so much for the submission! It looks very handy; I am looking forward to trying it out. ^^

-Janice
aka kirax2

Viky

Wanderer
Its look very nice. I would like download code for GPL2 and add some useful functinos, some chance to release?

floppydisc

Sorceror
I will most likely not release the source. But you can make suggestions ofcourse. I will enhance the protocol anyway - see my first post for some more details ;)

floppydisk said:
Hi folks,

after realising that RunUO already had it's build-in RemoteAdmin protocol, I thought it would be a good idea to write an UI, to make it easier to make use of this great feature.

Here are some Screenshots of how it looks like:

You can download the current version here:
RunUORemoteAdmin.zip

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

Btw. who has developed the RemoteAdmin protocol? Because there is some *strange* thing in it ... in the AccountSearchResults-Packet, the LastLogin of the account is sent the following way: "unchecked { m_Stream.Write( (uint)a.LastLogin.Ticks ); }"
This is somewhat unusual and I would also say impossible. According to MSDN, the Ticks property gives the number if 100-nano-seconds-intervals since the 01.01.0001 ... this would never ever suit into an unsigned integer (which is 32 bit) - it would most likely not even fit into a 64 bit integer. So what was this supposed to be?

Anyway, I'll most likely extend and modify the current RemoteAdmin protocol, to allow more things like Worldsave, Server Shutdown and finally even a pager ... i.e. the program can run in the background and inform the admin/gm of new ingame-pages ...

I hope for positive responses.

The GUI needs work. Your mixture of the classic windows look with XP crap style buttons is annoying. Pick one or the other, or make your application XP Theme aware.

Phantom said:
You really should release the source considering I am almost postive you have used GPL code this program.

Of course you don't have to, but then again I will make sure everyone knows about, the use of GPL code :rolleyes:

Shut up please. This is why people around here hate you.

floppydisc

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev said:
The GUI needs work. Your mixture of the classic windows look with XP crap style buttons is annoying. Pick one or the other, or make your application XP Theme aware.

Erm well yeah ... I forgot to include the XP Manifest ... I will include it in the next version. Thanks. I'll also replace the buttons with standard win32 buttons - but I think I'll leave the sidebar as it is - I think it should be ok even with the windows classic look.

Edit: Version with standard buttons and XP Manifest uploaded.

Atomic

Wanderer
The page cannot be displayed
Explanation: There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.
When I try to click the link...
I also tried copy/pasting the URL and right-click save as, but it doesn't seem to work..
The images above aren't displayed as well

floppydisc said:
Erm well yeah ... I forgot to include the XP Manifest ... I will include it in the next version. Thanks. I'll also replace the buttons with standard win32 buttons - but I think I'll leave the sidebar as it is - I think it should be ok even with the windows classic look.

Edit: Version with standard buttons and XP Manifest uploaded.

The Explorer type navigation bar on the side is fine. In fact, I like it a lot. The buttons were just kind of goofy lookin as they dont exactly match the old fashioned square groupbox. But this looks promising. Keep up the good work.

Liam

Sorceror
Atomic said:
weird, I'd really really like to download it :(

I just downloaded it with no problems as well as viewed all the images. Hmmm...

I can always email it to you if you want it. It's only about 400k bytes. Let me know

Zero_X

Wanderer
It's a very nice beginning, though I would like to see the source, who knows you have something that sends you my user / pass ! Not that I'm saying you are :)

PerfectWing

Wanderer
The head administrator I know was sad at the lack of a broadcast to world feature.

I don't know anything at all about Delphi, but is there a way it can accept plugins in some way at all, or is their limitations preventing this. Though I cannot code in Delphi I know some people quite versed in it and they could veryily create the additions under the assumption plugins could be accepted by the program.

Great work, this is the first one that seems to have really pleased us. And with the additional features being suggested above (not just in my post) and perhaps the inclusion of plugins if possible for shard specific additions, this would be a fantastic program.

Cheers!

floppydisc

Sorceror
These additions are already working in my internal version. (i.e. Broadcast, Worldsave, Restart, Shutdown). I'm currently extending the account management to allow modification/deletion/addition of comments. After that step I'll release the server side neccessary parts and the new version of the program itself.

A pluginsystem is not planned, but not impossible. I'll atleast think about it. But no panic, I'll also listen to wishes from outside ;)

Btw. to clear this up: the currently available version offers everything that was implemented in the RemoteAdmin feature of the RunUO distribution. That is the reason, why I released it at that stage. Everything beyond these already implemented features you see in the current download-able version has to be implemented into RunUO first. But as I said, I'm already working on new features - but not fulltime, so don't expect new releases to come out every single day ;)

floppydisc

Sorceror
Well I had not much time the last days, but thanks to jakob, the server side netcode is mostly finished. (If not completely finished). I also fixed several bugs and made some smaller UI changes. I still need to implement the Pages-feature I was talking about.

Seven

Sorceror
This is something that I have been looking for. So this program allows one to connect from a different location and control the server, right?

I'm just curious :)

I know there was WatchUO but that could only be used ON the server machine. I want something, that seems like this, that I could control the server from a friends house or even another remote location. :)

Thanks for your Project.

E

Ed_Elric

this is amazing please tell me when you release the newest version i luv this program and see that it has potential

might i suggest a page quary that would be awsome and maybe have it minimize to system trey could also be a feature heck i think that this should be Runuo's GUI make the console inside a GUI like this one is