RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO RemoteAdmin

E

Ed_Elric

well release it as soon as possible i like to keep ra up so i don't have to be on my shard but if i wanna help with a page i have to login to read it thanks for all your work :D

hi there. i hope this helps. but RA is ace, with pages, goto the pages page and u will see a line where the page should be, there is a drop down menu, as by defult its on blank but the you click there you will see your page.
i hope that helps.
thanks all :)

floppydisc

Sorceror
For the people who really need the pages, here is a snapshot of the current version. It *may* contain other bugs, so it would be nice if you report them in this thread (or via PM).
As I switched broadcasts and staffchat to unicode instead of ascii, you'll also need new server side files. You can find the snapshot here:
RemoteAdmin_1-1-2.zip
RemoteAdmin_1-1-2_Server.zip

Btw. I'm thinking about packing the RemoteAdmin client into an installer ... if someone has a good reason for me not to do so, don't hesitate to post it ;)

E

Ed_Elric

thats a good idea

Edit: I just installed it on my server and now right after i connect it says You have been disconnected on RA but on the server is says this

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
REMOTE: Access granted to 'User Name' from 127.0.0.1
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [User Name]

i replaced my user name so i don't get hacked

floppydisc

Sorceror
Ed_Elric said:
thats a good idea

Edit: I just installed it on my server and now right after i connect it says You have been disconnected on RA but on the server is says this

Client: 127.0.0.1: Connected. [1 Online]
REMOTE: Access granted to 'User Name' from 127.0.0.1
Client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [0 Online] [User Name]

i replaced my user name so i don't get hacked

Test this again please. If it really doesn't work, try the old client with the new netcode and then the new client with the old netcode - so we can try to isolate the problem. As it works with exactly that client and exactly that netcode on my shard, I can't really find a bug currently.

Jeff

Lord
Hmm, I tried this out of curriosity and i can connect, but once this is installed my clients wont connect they end up timing out before the character selection screen. Any Ideas?

floppydisc

Sorceror
Are you sure, this didn't already happen before installing the RemoteAdmin server side changes? Because as you can see in the source, nothing got changed that could affect clients.

Jeff

Lord
Ya i looked and I agree with that, but if i put the distro ver. of the files back in clients can connect perfectly fine, and as soon as I put the new files in they cant. Odd... Though maybe some other custom file i have is interfering, I will test with a blank cleanslate server.

Jeff

Lord
One thing i may suggest is to keep previous settings, like when i type in the ip of the server i want to connect to, if i restart the program its gone.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Sorious said:
One thing i may suggest is to keep previous settings, like when i type in the ip of the server i want to connect to, if i restart the program its gone.

IP and Port are already saved in the current dev-shot. (IIRC even in the one I posted for testing [1.1.2])

Jeff

Lord
Odd, doesnt save it for me, maybe im doing something wrong, also another problem im having is whenever we recieve a page, the RemoteAdmin program hangs and disconnects

Jeff

Lord
NM i found out what i was doing wrong, it wasnt saving info cause it was crashing, but i figured that out as well

LordHogFred

Knight
Would there be any way to have a web based client for this (or a web based remote admin tool)? Perhaps written using PHP or Java.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Everything that can handle TCP socket connections (preferably persistant TCP socket connections) can also communicate with RunUO. Both, PHP and Java, are able to handle them.

LordHogFred

Knight
floppydisc said:
Everything that can handle TCP socket connections (preferably persistant TCP socket connections) can also communicate with RunUO. Both, PHP and Java, are able to handle them.

Do you know of any remote admin tools that have been made using these? I am asking for info on this because it would be good to be able to check the status of the server anywhere irrelevent of thing slike .exe restrictions.

twig

Wanderer
so far I have been loving this little tool...

one request/idea for it though.. let the window be resizable!! I have a nice large flat screen monitor and I want to use it dang it.. hehehe

subdude

Sorceror
Wont connect on Host machine

I installed it fine but it says "connection error" as soon as I connect to 127.0.0.1
I am running a XP pro SP2 P4 3.2Ghz 512Mb Ram
Run UO is running on its own harddrive ( D: ) the other computers on my network connect & play fine (haven't figured how to add new accounts yet but thats a different post)
server shows :
Client: 127.0.0.1: connected. [1 online]
ADMIN: access granted to 'subdude' from 127.0.0.1
client: 127.0.0.1: Disconnected. [1 online] [subdude]

when I try to connect on the host machine using remote admin.
I also have trouble running a client from my machine it will not connect.
any ideas?