RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO RemoteAdmin

cefyl

Wanderer
great new :) BE sure that i love your program... I already use it for accounts creation and modifications. The next version will be wonderfull :)

floppydisc

Sorceror
Version 1.1

You can download the current version here:
RemoteAdmin_1-1.zip

- Added Server control (Worldsave, Shutdown, Restart, Broadcast)
- Added Staffchat (ingame command [s)
- Added Comments to the account view
- Added Paging System (allows page handling, deletion and answer)
- Added ability to minimize RemoteAdmin into the tray
- Changed the threading a bit to allow more precise handling of connection loss, etc.
- Warning! RemoteAdmin requires modified distro script files! (RemoteAdmin_1-1_Server.zip)

The credits for the server side changes mostly go to Jakob, who did a really great job in enhancing that protocol to his and my needs :)

[Edit] I just found 2 bugs - one causing 100% CPU usage and one causing a "List out of bounds" exception. Both are fixed in Version 1.1.1, which replaces 1.1 ... you only need to redownload the RemoteAdmin_1-1.zip if you downloaded it *before* my edit on this post ;) If you downloaded afterwards you already have the fixed version.

E

Ed_Elric

i think you should make this into a runuo gui it would make things alot easier cus then we could put it in the system and do several out of game things

floppydisc

Sorceror
Ed_Elric said:
i think you should make this into a runuo gui it would make things alot easier cus then we could put it in the system and do several out of game things

I don't know exactly what you mean :confused:
If it is what I think: you can simply connect to a localhost shard ...

hi there all. this sounds a cool thing to have, as sometimes to save ram, i could use this to do most things. but one prob and that is the link isnt working. :(

thanks all the best :)

E

Ed_Elric

what i mean is they should ditch the console and use this instead it would be way cool

I am having problems with the page feature it tells me when theres pages but when i go to look theres nothing there but in game theres a page

floppydisc

Sorceror
ok two things:
1. If RunUO would use anything but a console, mono will most likely not be possibly anymore and therefore RunUO would not even have the chance to run on anything but Windows. (Theoretically Windows.Forms should work on mono too, but practically the compatibility is still a dream, and nothing more ;))

2. The pages are listed in the combo box on the top. If a page is received, it is *not* automatically selected which means, that the combo box remains empty, but the list will contain the pages. So you just have to drop down the combo box and should see all the pages.

Thanks for the support :)

WOW what a great program, i love it so much. its so cool.
its so easy to work. and its saves on ram. as at the mo i have to sign into the game the normail way. as my server pc isnt built.
but this is a great program.
thanks so much.
:)

hi there, i maybe asking a silly thing,
but how do i, if at all. use this on my server. i get it working on my test server. but not on my online one. so my staff can deco.
on login it says localhost - do i put in my no-ip address
thanks all :)

E

Ed_Elric

i made a page on my test center and connected to it with RA and it said new page on RA but shows nothing in pages section i checked all over in it clicked the little pull down arrow nothing is there everything else seams to work though

floppydisc

Sorceror
Ed_Elric said:
i made a page on my test center and connected to it with RA and it said new page on RA but shows nothing in pages section i checked all over in it clicked the little pull down arrow nothing is there everything else seams to work though

Hmm, I've tested it again and again and I'm using this system on my shards already and did not encounter this problem so far. Does anyone else has Ed_Elric's problem too?

floppydisc

Sorceror
Ed_Elric said:
maybe my other page sripts are faulty can you send me yours?

If RemoteAdmins tells you that a new page arrived (or a certain amount of pages is on the queue), these pages are already received - so it should not be a server side problem.

floppydisc

Sorceror
Sorry Ed_Elric, you've been right ... it was/is a problem in the hashtable I use. Due to a mistake, it only allowed entries up to "256" --> So if the serial of the player who posts the page is greater than 0xFF, it doesn't work.
It will be fixed in the next version. Maybe I'll publish the current build, but that already includes parts of the next protocol version, so the server side would need an update again.