RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan's Status [DEPLOYED]

ralph

Wanderer

Well all i can say is the best of luck to you man. I dont know what your term is but my step dad is going too (for a yr or so) hope you dont have to stay that long :p well be thinking of you. Be safe man.

good luck to you man..........and safe return............

we will be here waiting for you...........

And above all, Thanks! (not about RunUO, but about what you and everyone else going does, protecting my butt!)

Re: Luck

Edited by Zippy, 1/14/03: Lets keep politcs out of this, please.

To Ryan:

Respect, admiration and honor. Before you go, when you're there and when you come back.

Ravatar

Knight
:shock: Best of luck man. Well be rooting for you!

PS: A valuable quote...

"It's not about dieing for your country, its about making that bastard die for his." :rolleyes:

Jediman

Sorceror
Best of luck. I just hope Bush and his friends start to realize that they are really starting to push it with the world. As much as I love my country and want to uphold freedom and peace, I have to say I just do not support Bush on this one.... why? IMHO, hes going to far too fast.....

Ryan, if you are sent to fight, come back alive, but kick some much needed ass as necessary :) Best of luck to you!

Re: Luck

One Sick Puppy said:
Edited by Zippy, 1/14/03: Lets keep politcs out of this, please.

I REFUSE.

Let us NOT ignore WHY Ryan is putting his life on the line.
Let us be GOD DAMN SURE that this is the right thing to do.

What Ryan is doing is what everything you do may rest upon. Maybe YOUR HOME will have an airplane crash into it next. Maybe your city will be the first nuked by Saddam et al. The price of insurance is ACTION not IGNORANCE and prevention is key.

NO. Let us NOT keep politics (and principles) out of this. If not at this point yet, it may soon be that if you are not with the U.S. you are against it - because ignorance will do more to send you to your death than Saddam will.

Let us not forget - the United States of America is WORTH protecting.

I'm Canadian, but god damn me if I don't value the principles that the U.S. represents and that Ryan may DIE to defend.

Token

Wanderer
hmmm

One Sick Puppy I must agree with you! I am American and damn proud of it! Ryan is sent over there and fight he is serving his Country. He might not like Bush but he still went. I have to say he is one true man brave man.
I personaly voted for Bush because I wasnt going to vote for Gore.
well thats not the point... anyways

the Terrorist attacked Americans so they will suffer for what they did. I am not saying that all Iraqs or All eastern Countrys are bad. I am saying the Terrorist within the Countrys are the bad. Some forget which is which.

anyways I just hope you come back safe Ryan... and tell the storys :)

A

AlejandroX

Kick some ass Ryan! Remember this:
"you invite them over for dinner at your tent, right. and then BAM the old fork in the eye!"

Zippy

Razor Creator
First off, it's probably not a good idea to refuse anything I tell you to do. I agree with you, I'm red blooded american to the core, I live less than 30 miles from Washington, DC, so believe me, I know my city would be the first or second (behind New York) to be nuked, or attacked in any way. We have had our shares of antrax scares and everything else.

There's nothing I would like more than to see a peaceful world with not terrorists and no dictators and no hungry people, but I don't want to see my friends go to war. I don't want us to attack a nation that hasn't actually done anything yet, and that the government has no proof (or is unwilling to share with it's people) has done anything to warrent a full invasion and "regime change."

But, this is not a thread about politics, this is a thread about one of my friends, and one of our developers going off to duty for no one knows how long. I don't want to have a political debat in this thread, I don't care what you think about the war, if you want to have a debate, go and start one in the Water Cooler, and as long as it stays clean and civil, I won't delete it.

This thread was for people to wish Ryan a safe and speedy return home, and I resent politics being brought into it. This is why it is now locked.

K

Kudo

Zippy said:
First off, it's probably not a good idea to refuse anything I tell you to do. I agree with you, I'm red blooded american to the core, I live less than 30 miles from Washington, DC, so believe me, I know my city would be the first or second (behind New York) to be nuked, or attacked in any way. We have had our shares of antrax scares and everything else.

There's nothing I would like more than to see a peaceful world with not terrorists and no dictators and no hungry people, but I don't want to see my friends go to war. I don't want us to attack a nation that hasn't actually done anything yet, and that the government has no proof (or is unwilling to share with it's people) has done anything to warrent a full invasion and "regime change."

But, this is not a thread about politics, this is a thread about one of my friends, and one of our developers going off to duty for no one knows how long. I don't want to have a political debat in this thread, I don't care what you think about the war, if you want to have a debate, go and start one in the Water Cooler, and as long as it stays clean and civil, I won't delete it.

This thread was for people to wish Ryan a safe and speedy return home, and I resent politics being brought into it. This is why it is now locked.

Dun worry man, you can come chill with me on Quantico. My building is nuke proof, "supposedly", and we got multiple DS3 connections that would NOT be down if there was a disaster.

Zippy, it just sounds to me that Americans, now more than ever, should be proud of what Ryan is doing and stand by him without reserve or humility. It is crucially important that every American citizen understand exactly why he is going and pro or con, should stand up in support or protest, and not just post a message saying "see you later - we love you - come back safe" and get back to our computers.

The political system of capitalism is what allowed America to rise as the greatest nation that ever existed and it is only that political system that will allow it to survive. That is what Ryan is going to defend.

Whenver I think of the U.S. going to war, I think about the scene
at the end of the movie Life is Beautiful where the big, menacing tank rolls into the concentration camp and out of it pops the head of a U.S. soldier to greet the little boy standing there, all alone, shortly after his father had just been murdered by the Nazis. That short scene said "thank you" more than any number of words could have spoken. It wasn't so much the saving of the boy so much as the fact that there existed a nation with both the military strength and principled convictions to stand up against the tyrannies of the world.

America is doing the right thing. Ryan is doing the right thing.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Im sweating balls over here, someone send me some ice cold bud light, or killians :)

Escalus

Wanderer
lol - I cant send you one mate, but Ill sure drink an extra for you.

How is the moral over there? Everyone ready to stick a boot in Iraq's ass, or just bored and wanting to go home? Or a mixture of both?