RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saves Folder deleting?

TSZoltar

Wanderer
Saves Folder deleting?

I dunno if this is the right place for this or not...but i keep losing my saves folder.It deletes it...i leave my pc on all the time as i don't want downtime with server.But today i noticed my saves folder was gone!Haven't added anything new in a week,things were working fine 2 days ago...is this something with my pc?

Any idea how i can diagnose this problem?

I run win xp,got it setup to maximize the programs,not the op system...i was thinking that was my problem,but i changed that back,and i still got the same problem.

Someone also told me it could be something internal with pc...asked me to check my date and time to see if it was changing...i haven't noticed anything yet,so i dunno if theres something there or not!

I ran virus testers,add bot destroyers,etc...Getting nowhere!A lil help would be great!

cashpath

Sorceror
Hmm.. This happened to me once so far, I just figured I deleted it somehow (although for the life of me I couldn't figure out how I would've deletedit without knowing..)

I have no answer though

TSZoltar

Wanderer
yeah i just went through and changed my pc battery,restarted pc after letting it sit for 20 mins...i dunno wth to do!

keeps doing it!I do not think its script related since i havent added anything new in a week...and it was working fine 2 days ago.

I do not get what the hell to do!i used to be big into hardware on pc's,but shit moves so fast i cant keep up with it...wish i would have now :(

do you leave your shard up all the time?or do you go through a shutdown period?

cashpath

Sorceror
I've been in the process of editing and installing scripts.. so was shutting it down and restarting a lot.. not the computer itself it stays on all the time.. but the server...

Then it just disapeared.. has only happened to me once though...

Phantom

Knight
The save files are moved during a world save. If something were to stop the process the files would become corrupt or just be deleted by the system.

TSZoltar

Wanderer
Phantom,Quantos TY!

I think i pinned this...This needs to be moved to Scripts Support.

I took out the auto ip script i was using,noticed i had to close client twice before it finally coneected.I am now using another program to update ip.

But i restarted pc,server,etc...like 20 times,and no saves folder loss.When i did that before it would lose it almost every other time.So something in that script was whacked!

It's a serverlist.cs script...and i haven't pinpointed whether or not it's conflicting somehow with another script...but when it's gone,things run fine!

Moderator please move posts to script support!

Sorry i wasn't aware it would be script support when i posted.

TSZoltar

Wanderer
GRRRRR dammit this is pissing me off!!!

NVM on that shit before....did it again!something is wrong here...GOD i don't get it!thought i had it pinned,now i feel like a dumbass....

running windows xp btw

Quantos

Lord
Do you have it set up to view hidden files?

The first thing that comes to mind is that it's still there, you just can't see it.

cashpath

Sorceror
Well I'm running Win XP Pro..

And like I said it only happened to me once and it might have been because the server got closed during a save or something...

fasternu

Wanderer
i was actually running into this myself and no phantom its not crashes, i had none, i have no clue as to why it was happening but i changed my save times to 2 hours and havent seen it since and still no crashes. for a while i actually turned my saves off but only ran into a problem with that after a restart, the saves came back, so i changed the savetimes in the script and have been stable since. oh and im running winxp pro also

fasternu

Wanderer
tru, but as he is stating i was running into the folder missing about every other save and was completly confused, lol. I was convinced that the folder was being hacked till i turned on my ip tracker and only incomming was to the shard port and no where else so i ended up actually making about 3 seperate shards for testing purposes and finally got the problem under control by changing the savetimes

Quantos

Lord
I can't see how that would have fixed it, there's nothing wrong with the save times by default. If it was a bug we would have heard a lot more about it now.

fasternu

Wanderer
i would have thought so also, but i combed the forums for something of use, and unfortunatly was unsuccessful so i just kept trying things, and oddly enough it has worked for me, been a solid week up without the folder vanashing

TSZoltar

Wanderer
Hmm thats interesting guys!

And no i had no crashes.How do i change the savetimes?Where is that at?

Also,i went on today after leaving on last night like usual...not a thing wrong!Although connecting to my shard seems like it takes 2 tries now...don't ask me why i don't get it!

I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with the processor on my pc.Not that i don't have a decent one,but maybe things aren't going through as fast for some reason,and choking it down.Then it's trying to save,get its clearance to go on and open back up,but really it needed more time cuz of a processor issue?

There anyway to test this?My processor is a antholon 1800 xp + .Not the best,but decent.I have 512 mb ram.And running,runuo server,and duc ip control.Sometimes i leave aim on to let people know whats going on,but i usually don't.