RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Ideas

Twice

Wanderer
Script Ideas

Well I am really, really bored, and I have no ideas, and I want to script. So someone post some ideas (crazy ones, but within reason!) and please refrain from "requesting". Just simply post the idea, without requesting it.

Not Reqesting = Hey, doesn't a car like back to the future's car sound cool, and something that would really make a server nice!

Requesting = Hey, can someone script a car that is cool, and would really make my server nice!

So, post away!

-2x

Stuby

Sorceror
How about a resisting spells modification such that sometimes it works like it used to (total spell based) and others it works how it does now days (status changing spells only). It would drive your playerbase crazy trying to use it.

Granted its not a serious script, but it would be funny to use every so often.

RavonTUS

Sorceror
Greetings,

How about a pair of dueling NPCs.

I though it would be a good idea to see a pair of NPCs that will fight each, like a bar fight. Just some entertainment for on lookers.

I figured it's either based in the "AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest" or maybe the "pixie.Team = this.Team;".

Searching through the forums, I never really found anything on "Team". I have been thinking about this for awhile, I just don't have the time right now.

Let me know what you think!

-Ravon

Twice

Wanderer
RavonTUS said:
Greetings,

How about a pair of dueling NPCs.

I though it would be a good idea to see a pair of NPCs that will fight each, like a bar fight. Just some entertainment for on lookers.

I figured it's either based in the "AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest" or maybe the "pixie.Team = this.Team;".

Searching through the forums, I never really found anything on "Team". I have been thinking about this for awhile, I just don't have the time right now.

Let me know what you think!

-Ravon

Haha that'd be cool, kind of like the red/black solen ants. :)

-2x

Greystar

Wanderer
Twice said:
Haha that'd be cool, kind of like the red/black solen ants. :)

-2x

heh, not exactly, but IsEnemy can get this effect and so can opposition groups... Or like I've done with a dragon im developing... Metallic/Chromatic dragons (aka DnD Dragons).

Twice

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
um
You can already do that.

see Dummy AI

[set team 1
[set team 2
watch

and the winner is...

:)

-2x

gandalf

Sorceror
I was thinking it would be nice to have an area where you could go and click on a stone to change the color of certain items. Sort of like dye tubs except there would be a stone for each color where you click on the stone, then click on the item that you want to change the color of.

Essentially like a "stone garden." Each stone would be the color/hue you want to use.

Greystar

Wanderer
gandalf said:
I was thinking it would be nice to have an area where you could go and click on a stone to change the color of certain items. Sort of like dye tubs except there would be a stone for each color where you click on the stone, then click on the item that you want to change the color of.

Essentially like a "stone garden." Each stone would be the color/hue you want to use.

That would be ALOT of freaking stones! (also you'd just be better off placing Un-Dyable Uni-Dyetubs instead)...

Killamus

Knight
This would be awsome
I ment to do this myself, however... I can't.

Anyways, what it is is a jewel crafting system. You use a new "Diamond" hammer to open a new gump for only plate armor. The new resources for this new craft system are:
Opal - White - Physical+5
Jade - Deep Green - Psn+2, Physical+3 100 luck
FireJade - 1161 - Fire+2, Physical+3 100 luck
Ice Jade - Deep Blue - Cold+2, Physical+3 100 luck
Lightning Jade - Bright Yellow - Energy+2, Physical+3 100 luck
Diamond - 1153 - All resists+5 - 150 luck - Physical+10 - Can possibly break hammer
Sapphire - Light Blue - Cold/Energy+2 Phys+1
Star Sapphire - Blue - Cold/Energy+3
Topaz - Orange - Fire/energy+2 Physical+1
Mineral Deposit - Non-usuable ore, however, mined to dig up rainbow ele

Each peice of plate armor needs 150 of whatever mineral is being used. At first, the layer will be set to null, so it is un-wearable. To make it wearable, it must be combined with a metal-made chainmail tunic. However, the resists from the chain tunic are cut in half, and added to that of the minerial armor. Also, sence there are no runic "Diamond" Hammers, any attributes from the chain tunic are also combined with the plate mineral armor. It takes 200 diamonds to make a 25 charged "Diamond" hammer, with 110 tinkering its a .1% chance to make it.

The rainbow ele I planned to make a custom hue - However, you can choose whatever.. Anyways, it is mined by the mineral deposit, which can be smelted into iron (Or whatever) ingots. However, it has a random chance to be Orange. If it is orange, it has a random chance to drop a 50 charged diamond hammer. To stop people from "Collecting" These hammers, after 5 days, the next time they are used they crumble to nothing. Requires 110 blacksmithy to make everything there, and 75-100 tinkering as well.

REMEMBER-ONLY PLATE ARMOR CAN BE MADE WITH CRYSTALS - CHAIN ARMOR MUST BE MADE WITH A REGULAR HAMMER

NPC HouseWifes!

NPC housewifes....no seriously. would make houses look more homey. can also set her up like a vendor which would sell all the stuff a waitress or tavernkeeper does(for free though)...come home from a long day of battle, get a refreshing drink and some food, and have an excuse to pk someone if they insult your wife. would also be nice if they were customizable by the player who purchased her. and then since i know some femeinist is gonna read this thread make it so no player can purchase more than one wife.

daat99

Staff member
gandalf said:

Just throwing in my modification to your idea gandalf:
1 stone with gump that show color examples will be better in my opinion ;)

Joeku

Lord
Anti-Basic said:
NPC housewifes....no seriously. would make houses look more homey. can also set her up like a vendor which would sell all the stuff a waitress or tavernkeeper does(for free though)...come home from a long day of battle, get a refreshing drink and some food, and have an excuse to pk someone if they insult your wife. would also be nice if they were customizable by the player who purchased her. and then since i know some femeinist is gonna read this thread make it so no player can purchase more than one wife.
If the player was a female, it'd need to be a househusband :p

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Have you ever noticed on EA shards and/or many freeshards how you want a certain armour piece but can't get it yet.
So you get a bad one meanwhile (first upgrade).
Then when the bad one is no good anylonger you get something close to the one you want (second upgrade).
And then you might find exacly the one you initially searched for (third upgrade).

If you do this for all your equiptment then you will have used 30 items.
Why not use one suit and upgrade that one instead?!

What i'm getting at here is: Leveling Armour.

You have one armour set that is permanently on your body.
Each piece in this set have 10 levels.

The leveling of a piece can depend on: Monster kills, playerkills, skills in total and leveling stones.

A leveling stone is basicly an item that you get as a reward for events and quests, it raises the level of one armourpiece by 1.

So - 6 pieces of armour, each piece have 10 levels, that's 60 levels, should take awhile for the players to max out.

Also, to make it more intresting, rewards can be given out or sold to players to change the hue or apperance (itemid) of each

armour piece.

A mages armour pieces would level like this:

• 1 MR / 5 lvl, (12 MR when all pieces are lvl. 10)
  • 2% LRC / lvl. (120 LRC when all pieces are lvl. 10)
  • 1 LMC / 2 lvl. (30 LMC when all pieces are lvl. 10)
  • 1 INT bonus / 5 lvl. (12 INT bonus when all pieces are lvl. 10)
  • All resists gain 1% / lvl. (60 in all resists when all pieces are lvl. 10)

A warriors armour gain in the similar way, only:

• Stamanina regen insted of MR.
  • LMC stay the same as for mages.
  • Str bonus instead of INT bonus.
  • Resist gain in a different way so that they have 70 when they are maxed out.

Then one could have an advanced system of jewlery crafting, so that the only 2 things that differ a mage from another mage at

same level is only the jewlery (and irl skill).
This way, two mages with similar armour will be more even.

Blacksmiths are left out in this sceme but can be fitted in also!
It can be made so that armour wear down really fast, so blacksmiths must repair it. This calls for much iteraction since both

warrior and blacksmith must stand at the same anvil.
And blacksmiths can also add trivial (or less trivial - like enhance potions) specs to armour, like Night Sight.

And they are the crafters of special magic jewlery.

Hmm, i was going to write much more but forgot what it was. =P
Ohh well, a system like this would be cool; at any rate. =)

Ops, i remembered one last thing: Let's say that the total level for a chars armour is 39.
And he tries to use a travelstone to a champspawn - only; he can't 'cause you need to be atleast level 40 in order to enter.

This way newbs won't get ganked so often by the l3€t. =)

I always thought a baby system would be cool. Use the growing plants gump and maybe the evolution system mixed with the adoption agent scripts and it could be done. But you would start out with a little pink or blue "baby" in your backpack. In order for it to "grow" it would have to be in your backpack. and then you would double click it everyday and at top where water is you would give it a bottle of milk, and you would do the same for babies that you do for plants, fight off disease and sickness by using potions. Then you could have it where the diaper has to be changed by using the double click plant gump and by using the diapers the adoption agent provides.

Alari

Wanderer
NPC-controlled ships, ones that can sail around and stuff. =)

I was thinking pirate ships like in Ultima 4 and Ultima 5, ones that could sail up to a character on shore, shoot at them with their cannon, and then the pirates would disembark to try to finish the character off. If they kill the pirate captain, they gain control of the ship. Another use could be for NPC-controlled 'ferries', that would take passangers from point A to point B (predetermined or selected by the player) maybe even for a nominal fee.

Problems with NPC Pirate ships would be deciding which character out of a team would be the one to get control of the ship. Either that, or the ship isn't actually "given" to the characters, they could guide it around and such but maybe not dry-dock it or 'keep' it in any other way.

Problems with NPC ferries would be that players could 'block' the dock the ferry is scripted or set to use. Even with extra-smart AI that would select an open dock, players could blockade a port with enough ships, or block off every possible landing. Then again, that would be kinda cool, would add depth to a world.

If you're looking for other ideas, the UO Stratics forums are awesome for that. Tons of ideas, even though they know OSI won't listen, so they don't hold back or try to make things easy. :>

Twice

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:

<3 That sounds pretty cool aha!

-2x

Twice said:
<3 That sounds pretty cool aha!

-2x
ya i thought so anyway...have doing it ingame just added a female npc and placed in house and gave her clothes but it would be nice if she were a script so she could be set to spawn and everything heres mine:
View attachment 6384
yea...i have some unresloved sexual issues...but you get where im going as far as player customization

joeku said:
If the player was a female, it'd need to be a househusband
I thought about that and was even going to put it with the "Cause i know some femenists gonna read this thread" sentence, but decided not to. it would not be true to the time. back then, things were different. if a guy was married, the wife cooked and cleaned. hell to hear my mom talk it was like that even in the 50-60s. so didnt think it be accurate roleplaying imo (yes my mom was a hippie and yes thats why im so screwed up)

but alari's idea sounds good too, i always wanted boats to more involved in the game...take trinsic for instance...thats the perfect town to be invaded using ships on the outer moat and canals and shit...itd be nice if they had different kinds of boats also with cannons etc etc
ship warfare is one of the few things nobodies really taken advantage of awesome