RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Ideas

PappaSmurf

Knight
I've got an idea........But I can't remember what it was......

Anti-Basic said:
whats a metro sexual? im orry but ive been confined to the south...is it someone who only does in a subway?

Yarrr! I escaped the south sometimes wish I hadn't.....These people here don't know what good food is

Alari

Wanderer
Greystar said:
You mean the ones that use to open and close at random locations based on Moon Cycle? Was working on that at one point, but when the Time configuration was changed from RC0 (or was it B36) to how it is now I stopped... was easier to work with before.

I have an old version that someone posted, not sure if it works or not with the current release. I never really got into OSI UO once I figured out that it wasn't the game that I wanted to play, and the file talks about "steps", which I guess was how the UO gamers learned to measure the way the moongates worked, so that adds to the complexity for me. I always just looked at the moons. ^.^; (Trammel shows where the gate will open, Felucca shows where the gate will go. Simple. At least, simpler than the steps method, to me. =)

Yarrr! I escaped the south sometimes wish I hadn't.....These people here don't know what good food is
If i ever move from Lousiana, im gonna have crawfish and king cake shipped to me. rice and gravy too...and grits...ive went to new york once for class trip.....i almost starved on that trip

If i ever move from Lousiana, im gonna have crawfish and king cake shipped to me. rice and gravy too...and grits...i went to new york once for class trip.....i almost starved on that trip

Sunshine

Wanderer
This is most likely impossible but here is my idea..

The Meer's attack if you have low Karma well what if you have a custom town. The monsters, town folks, vendors ect....(whatever form each cares to use) attack you if you are good? It would be like a evil town where good is bad..

I looked at trying this one but found it is Miles and light years beyond me and I am not sure it is even possible...

But You asked

Elsa

Wanderer
Old School Games

How about Old School Games?

I've got a pac man board on my shard made from the squares of steps...
the dots could be coins hued white;
the super dots could be virtue balls;
the ghosts would be slimes, dyed and renamed;
then on the board you'd have random fruit pop up for a set amount of 'points'

I think it'd just have to be set up like a way to grab the dots automatically w/ a radius of 0 (you have to step on them before you automatically grab them) but there'd have to be away to make it so players could only automatically grab them and not physically grab them to prevent cheating and limit speed (so you cant just run like crazy thru the whole coarse)

i was also thinking of something like Mario levels... it'd have to just be on a strip of grass or something over Black Void to make the 2D, backwards, forwards, effect. then there'd have to be something special to click inorder to 'jump' (inc z) -- stuff like that

:)

Let me know whatcha think ^.-

Twice

Wanderer
Elsa said:

I think it'd just have to be set up like a way to grab the dots automatically w/ a radius of 0 (you have to step on them before you automatically grab them) but there'd have to be away to make it so players could only automatically grab them and not physically grab them to prevent cheating and limit speed (so you cant just run like crazy thru the whole coarse)

i was also thinking of something like Mario levels... it'd have to just be on a strip of grass or something over Black Void to make the 2D, backwards, forwards, effect. then there'd have to be something special to click inorder to 'jump' (inc z) -- stuff like that

o m g :-o.

-2x

Elsa said:
that's not my shard :p
^.^
hes talking about the offline game if im not mistaken, i tink there is a freeshard named "ultima underworld" but it is also one of the games which is what i believe hes talking about...also, alari, was it akelbeth or ultima 1 that had a space shooting level/minigame? you seem to remember all those.

Arcanus

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
If i ever move from Lousiana, im gonna have crawfish and king cake shipped to me. rice and gravy too...and grits...ive went to new york once for class trip.....i almost starved on that trip

Hehe Thats the only reason I still live here. Shipping it would take away from the flavor. :p

Oh hell! I'll just cook it werever I go. That's an idea :p

Arcanus said:
Hehe Thats the only reason I still live here. Shipping it would take away from the flavor. :p

Oh hell! I'll just cook it werever I go. That's an idea :p
Where in louisiana you live at?...i live in carencro...tiny ass town outside Lafayette

Alari

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
also, alari, was it akelbeth or ultima 1 that had a space shooting level/minigame? you seem to remember all those.

Ultima 1. I was pretty sure it was that one (something about LB wanting to pack the disk full to the last byte, or as close as he could get) though I double checked the Ultima 1 walkthrough to make sure. ;) http://www.pdragon.net/u1/u1walk.html

Arcanus

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
Where in louisiana you live at?...i live in carencro...tiny ass town outside Lafayette

I know it well amigo. Just moved out of lafayette actually. Still work there though. I live in abbeville now. Not so tiny, but still suited for gutter rats :)

Ilutzio

Sorceror
Ohh yeah! Scriptideas, i have a killer. here it goes:

I think an "easy quest-creator" would be very very healpful to alot of admins.
I would create it myself but i'm not to good with arraylists and timers. =/

More detail:
A command named [quest.
When used a gump comes up, this has a button: Add new quest. then a new gump comes up.

In this new gump there are 2 buttons and 4 fields.
The first button u click and target an npc, this will be the "questmaster".
The next button u target the item that needs to be brought to the npc.
In the first field you put in the amount that must be brught of the item.
In the second field you put int he "quest startup" message.
In the third field you enter in wich region the NPC stands (like "Britain").
In the last field: the "thank you" message.

What happens to the NPC is that a "button" is added to its context menu, named "QUEST".
When klicked, the gump come up with the info put in the initial creation gump.

Then only remaining thing is to change the lootpack of the monsters to drop the item at a % chance and spawn said monsters.
Or to place an npc at a far away place that sells this item.

If you look on quests in general in MMORPGS, they are seldomly any more advanced then:
Get item,
get other items using this item,
give both to me,
u get reward.

And also, using this system u can link multiple npcs together.
Lets say for example that A give you "blue crystal" each time u give him 2 "glowing horns".
"Blue crystals" have no value to you but to another quest npc entitled B, so if u give 10 to him you get the achuall reward.

The possibilities for admins are (almost) endless.
It would be great, i think, if someone would script a system like this.

Arcanus

Wanderer
Joeku said:
Whatever happened to script ideas? :rolleyes:

Sorry mate. Got carried away a bit :p Cool to know someone lives that close to you from the RunUO forums.

To make up for it. This is an idea I thought would be very cool. Though I'm ever so slowly working on it, but time is most limited. But anyways, it's an idea :p

Stone Masonry System:

*) This would utilize the stone crafting ability for minners.

1) A new skill called StoneCrafting would be used (or base it off of carpentry?)
2) Stone would be fed into a tool or Ore Cart (kind of like the storage key rings)
3) Masons would, based upon their skill, be able to craft walls, floor tiles, or any other house type item (found in the deco list of pandora for those that use it)
4) Upon crafting the item, the owner would be able to place the wall or whatever with either a tool (the same storage tool) or by double clicking it to set it permanent.
5) Once the item is set permanent, the only way to remove it would be to destroy it with siege engines or bashing weapons.
6) The wall would then turn to ruins that would remain for x amount of days before vanishing. This could go through stages of decay to prevent instant rebuilding upon that spot. This could also be used with an upkeep system, if no upkeep is maintained (new stone fed into a guild stone type item or something similar) the walls will begin to crumble over time as they would decay.
7) These buildings could be set up for sale by the creator.

**) Perhaps a sign or post could be the central point of the building to allow sales and or storage to be placed within a certain area. This would act similar to a house sign.

***) This system would alow players to build on any and all terrain and perhaps create stratigic points of defence in a pvp world or faucet. NPC hired guards could also be placed to protect the city, fortress or what not. The size of the building area would be based upon the amount of locals (or clan/guild members) signed up on the stone, or even allowing them to place houses within the city walls.

I know this sounds like it's been taken from many diffrent script ideas but actually the concept comes from multiple mmorpgs that are out on the market today that I've played over the years, just not all in one game. I found these features to be most exciting and realisticly based upon what would be common in such an age of time.

Another idea:

Improved Dying Tub:

1) A dying tub that gives the ability to dye any color (including special hues 0-3000) by simply adding in the number of the hue you wish to dye.
2) When a player double clicks the tub, a menu or a request would come up that would allow the player to type in the number hue they desire.
3) The tub would be limited to clothing, hides and woodcrafted items. A special tub could be made specificly for armor and weapons as well.
4) Admin custom abilities on the tub would allow admin to restric a number of colors that would not be available (to reserve colors if needed).

Improved Race System:

1) This system would alow admin to create races that could be allied, agressive, or neutral to other races based upon the "kings/Queens" choice.
2) The King or Queen of each race could be decided upon by the multitude of the race at any given time by votes. (idea comes from something similar to factions)
3) Each race could be tied to one major city, the same way factions might be over any city in fel, but this would not be taken like faction cities. Racial cities are as permanent as the admin would allow them to be.
4) Stones could be used for custom cities or cities made out of orc forts and what not so only main permanent cities would not be the only limit.

Hope that makes up for throwing us off topic :D

Joeku

Lord
Elsa said:

I was actually thinking about making that. It's very possible.