RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Ideas

PappaSmurf

Knight
RavonTUS said:
Greetings,

How about a pair of dueling NPCs.

I though it would be a good idea to see a pair of NPCs that will fight each, like a bar fight. Just some entertainment for on lookers.

I figured it's either based in the "AIType.AI_Melee, FightMode.Closest" or maybe the "pixie.Team = this.Team;".

Searching through the forums, I never really found anything on "Team". I have been thinking about this for awhile, I just don't have the time right now.

Let me know what you think!

-Ravon

Just add them to Oppositiongroups.cs

Here is my Idea though....make a new set of items that work based on the Forensic skill....you know like print dusting kits and such so people can be like those l33t! dudes on CSI.... they use the kit and it gives a list of the last person to handle or use an object ......

PappaSmurf

Knight
Arcanus said:
!Rock!

Damn good idea. Especially if it worked with gates and portals. Or evern special abilities, spells and what not.

It used to be that Moongates were tied to lunar cycles... this was before the menu on moongates.. you could use a spyglass to check the moon phases in game and then use that to determine where you came out at since each gate was linked to one of the moons different phases.

Arcanus

Wanderer
I remember that. Moonstones used to work something similar with the colors. Wish that was still possible. Would make a nice addition.

David

Moderate
I made a script once that cycled the gates based on the phases of the moons. If you can give me details of how OSI used to do it I will adapt it and submit it here.

Arcanus

Wanderer
If I'm not mistaken (And you're a real trooper for even considering looking at this), at every phase of the moon, the moongate shot you off to another moongate based on the stage the moon was in, (hence were the name Moongate was derived). For instance, at the first phase, it any moongate you stood at would take you to moonglow. The second phaze of the moon would give the moongate power to take you to, say the trinsic moongate... so fourth and so on.

I'm not sure what order they went in though. Perhaps whichever gate was facing the moon at the time? I'm not sure, but there used to be a global view of Sosaria once, I think on stratics. Been soooo long.

But that's the general idea. Later they adapted the ability to choose between moongate locations rather than needing to check your spyglass to know where you would end up when you stepped in the gate.

Hope this helps :p

Arcanus

Wanderer
Thanx Spider. Appreciate the time you put into this.

oh! btw. That was SELFLESSLY not selfishly. (you'll get it eventually :p)

Sunshine

Wanderer
Sunshine said:
This is most likely impossible but here is my idea..

The Meer's attack if you have low Karma well what if you have a custom town. The monsters, town folks, vendors ect....(whatever form each cares to use) attack you if you are good? It would be like a evil town where good is bad..

I looked at trying this one but found it is Miles and light years beyond me and I am not sure it is even possible...

But You asked

Ok someone asked for ideas so I posted one Idea I had and someone gave me negative karma...strange but you left no name..glad you read my post though.....sorry if my suggestion upset you ..:confused:

Devon

Wanderer
Real Zombies

I think it would be cool to have Zombies that where acualy scary and tough to kill... And it they hit you and you die later your corps turns into a Zombie and he takes all your loot along with it... Now that would be awsome

Sunshine said:
Ok someone asked for ideas so I posted one Idea I had and someone gave me negative karma...strange but you left no name..glad you read my post though.....sorry if my suggestion upset you ..:confused:
Ignore the dicks who have nothing better to do than take karma. They have no lives, I just got one of those. Left a rude message, but no name as well.

+ karma 4 you :)

Devon

Wanderer
Aye... Keep adding on Ideas.... Maby turning off the guards so they ignore monsters... so the zombies can raid towns

Arcanus

Wanderer
Devon said:
I think it would be cool to have Zombies that where acualy scary and tough to kill... And it they hit you and you die later your corps turns into a Zombie and he takes all your loot along with it... Now that would be awsome

There is a vampire script here that does pretty much the same thing. Could edit it to work on your shard that way. But damn good idea. Might steal the idea from ya and put it to good use. :D