RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Ideas

Hammertime45

Wanderer
a kool script would be a system that changes u into monsters kinda like that team one team two thing but the players do it and the beat eachother HEHE

Twice

Wanderer
Hammertime45 said:
a kool script would be a system that changes u into monsters kinda like that team one team two thing but the players do it and the beat eachother HEHE

*COUGH* Polymorph?

-2x

Greystar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
ya i thought so anyway...have doing it ingame just added a female npc and placed in house and gave her clothes but it would be nice if she were a script so she could be set to spawn and everything heres mine:
View attachment 6384
yea...i have some unresloved sexual issues...but you get where im going as far as player customization

I thought about that and was even going to put it with the "Cause i know some femenists gonna read this thread" sentence, but decided not to. it would not be true to the time. back then, things were different. if a guy was married, the wife cooked and cleaned. hell to hear my mom talk it was like that even in the 50-60s. so didnt think it be accurate roleplaying imo (yes my mom was a hippie and yes thats why im so screwed up)

but alari's idea sounds good too, i always wanted boats to more involved in the game...take trinsic for instance...thats the perfect town to be invaded using ships on the outer moat and canals and shit...itd be nice if they had different kinds of boats also with cannons etc etc
ship warfare is one of the few things nobodies really taken advantage of awesome

Not just trinsic, but also Serpents Isle and Skara Brae could all be attacked by pirates, well hell so could vesper and Minoc for that matter. Oh and so can cove... erm... I think all cities can, even haven... Okay not all cities, but all of them in Fel and tram.

Alari

Wanderer
Another problem with NPC ships would be with the cannons, from what I understand, multi-piece addons get moved 1 tile for each piece in the addon. I dunno if the person who wrote the cannon addon solved this. My best solution would be some kind of control piece that the cannon sat on, which would move the addon back into position. Then again maybe they'll fix that particular bug in 2.0... :>

Greystar said:
Not just trinsic, but also Serpents Isle and Skara Brae could all be attacked by pirates, well hell so could vesper and Minoc for that matter. Oh and so can cove... erm... I think all cities can, even haven... Okay not all cities, but all of them in Fel and tram.
well yeah, any city with water can :p but trinsic is the perfect city for an attack becuase its surrounded by a moat meaning if it was threatened water would be one of the few ways to attack it and also because the battlements make it look like it has been attacked beforem and is expecting another soon:)
ship warfare pwns should be able to steal boats in fel...i havent played a post aos server in a long time are ship keys insuranceable? and yes i know its not a word :p ;)

Also Twice, another idea would be the court system discussed on this page:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=488607

Ilutzio

Sorceror
No THAT'S a good thought!

It could sort leather armour in one bag, metal in one.
Ranged weapons in one and melee in one.
All items that has somethign to do with spells; in one.
All resourses in one.
All tools in one.
The rest in the last bag.

Imperceptus

hmmm i noticed noones commented on the dominatrix....maybe im not alone after all! maybe im not weird! maybe im normal! Woot! Woot! *gets out of straightjacket, beathes fresh scent of freedom.
Imperceptus said:
how about a script to sort any container? placing item types into seperate bags
now thats a very practical idea. too many ppl make scripts for fun things but this is a very useful and practical idea!

Greystar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
hmmm i noticed noones commented on the dominatrix....maybe im not alone after all! maybe im not weird! maybe im normal! Woot! Woot! *gets out of straightjacket, beathes fresh scent of freedom.

now thats a very practical idea. too many ppl make scripts for fun things but this is a very useful and practical idea!
Everyone's got their Vices (*smile*), however it's not one of mine... I have a few friends who like "that". Also I used to see an entire guild of female (maybe) players playing dressed up as Dominatrixes... (used to play on Catskills btw)

Greystar said:
Everyone's got their Vices (*smile*), however it's not one of mine... I have a few friends who like "that". Also I used to see an entire guild of female (maybe) players playing dressed up as Dominatrixes... (used to play on Catskills btw)
In my experience, very few female chars are played by actual chicks...most of the chicks i knew played male chars for some reason..however there was one guild on LS that i believe was all female both player and char that was amazon tamers...no guys could talk that much gossip. its just not possible so they had to be chicks

Rhexis

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
I thought about that and was even going to put it with the "Cause i know some femenists gonna read this thread" sentence, but decided not to. it would not be true to the time. back then, things were different. if a guy was married, the wife cooked and cleaned. hell to hear my mom talk it was like that even in the 50-60s. so didnt think it be accurate roleplaying imo (yes my mom was a hippie and yes thats why im so screwed up)

Well, to run with this 'true to the time', your npc wife would like be a thirteen yr old girl from a prearranged marriage chosen based on how big her dowry was and not looks/intelligence - who'd likely die in childbirth in a few years time...

If you want a slave npc, why not have a system of serfs. Where a player can have npc's attached to thier home..the number depending on plot size. Simple barkeep types.

..and there prolly hasnt been comments on the dom because a majority of the forums are men who really couldnt care less about your bedroom habits.

Rhexis said:
Well, to run with this 'true to the time', your npc wife would like be a thirteen yr old girl from a prearranged marriage chosen based on how big her dowry was and not looks/intelligence - who'd likely die in childbirth in a few years time...

If you want a slave npc, why not have a system of serfs. Where a player can have npc's attached to thier home..the number depending on plot size. Simple barkeep types.

..and there prolly hasnt been comments on the dom because a majority of the forums are men who really couldnt care less about your bedroom habits.
....dude ... what crawled up your ass?

Joeku

Lord
Time to spend countless nights crying your heart out into your pillow until you realize that it doesn't really matter, since you're going to eventually die anyways, and so are the queers.

Alari

Wanderer
... back on topic...

How about: Moongates based on phases of Trammel and Felucca, like in Ultima 4 and Ultima 5... (Actually, from what I remember, those two Ultimas had a different style, so maybe a system that would be configurable to one of those defaults, or a custom setup)

Greystar

Wanderer
Alari said:
... back on topic...

How about: Moongates based on phases of Trammel and Felucca, like in Ultima 4 and Ultima 5... (Actually, from what I remember, those two Ultimas had a different style, so maybe a system that would be configurable to one of those defaults, or a custom setup)
You mean the ones that use to open and close at random locations based on Moon Cycle? Was working on that at one point, but when the Time configuration was changed from RC0 (or was it B36) to how it is now I stopped... was easier to work with before.