RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script Ideas

Devon

Wanderer
I have an Idea.. I don't know if any of you remember the old Glacial staffs from back in the day..... Here is a little History:

Glacial Staffs are found as loot on Giant Ice Serpents. Every staffused to give the owner access to two out of three effects. The type of effects one had access to were determined at random when the Ice Serpent and staff spawed. The following effects are known:
Ice Ball - Des Corp Del. Does about 10-15 damage to the target.
Ice Strike - In Corp Del. Drains all your mana in one go and does damage depending on the mana consumed.
Paralyze - An Ex Del. Will temporary freeze your opponent.
Currently the Glacial Staves have the following properties: Hit Harm, Mage Weapon, Physical Damage, Cold Damage. All the properties seem to have random values.

It would be cool to get them working again =) they made cool sounds too.. I dont know what ones though

P.S. The Effects where activated by simply Saying the words your self....

Twice

Wanderer
Devon said:
I have an Idea.. I don't know if any of you remember the old Glacial staffs from back in the day..... Here is a little History:

Glacial Staffs are found as loot on Giant Ice Serpents. Every staffused to give the owner access to two out of three effects. The type of effects one had access to were determined at random when the Ice Serpent and staff spawed. The following effects are known:
Ice Ball - Des Corp Del. Does about 10-15 damage to the target.
Ice Strike - In Corp Del. Drains all your mana in one go and does damage depending on the mana consumed.
Paralyze - An Ex Del. Will temporary freeze your opponent.
Currently the Glacial Staves have the following properties: Hit Harm, Mage Weapon, Physical Damage, Cold Damage. All the properties seem to have random values.

It would be cool to get them working again =) they made cool sounds too.. I dont know what ones though

P.S. The Effects where activated by simply Saying the words your self....

I actually don't remember the Paralyze and stuff, but the glacial staff and serpents are familiar, but the properties weren't random, they were always the same.

-2x

AnubisM

Wanderer
Yes!

I can patch/script cars/plane/wings/bazooka/newgraphics/newmap/newsound
i can all this and im good builder spawner deco staff and more!!
for ur shard qhen u have the cars or plane dont delete it when u on it this crash the shard!!! ok!

Sunshine

Wanderer
Poison plants

Well I was thinking it would be nice to have a quest where players gather say certian plants but the kick is they are poisonous and only grow in the swamps somewhere...Now I can make a nice quest up for it ( I think ) but having a time figuring out how to make the plants posionious...thought maybe not only on ´picking them might one get posioned but walking within x tiles..could result in a posionous vapor ..??

I know crazy but that is me and you asked for ideas.....

Thanks for reading

ScoobysHubby

Wanderer
i have a few
[set hueable false (not sure if its done)

also see what players are "typeing"

would be kool to see armor that heals the player that is wearing it X amount of points in X amount of time.

just a few retarded one's i guess i dunno

udontnome43

Wanderer
Video Camera

How about a video camera. you dbl click it and it says beggining to record, 3....2...1....recording... and you can do whatever. double click it and it will say the video camera has stopped recording. what would you like to do?
1- rewind- start over
2- save to video tape
3- erase video from memory
4- erase all data

to go along with that, a VCR, drag and drop the video tape onto the vcr(can be placed in houses and still be usable) and a little screen will come up to everyone in the home and they will watch what you do. they can either watch it, or click an X button in the corner, making the screen disappear. Or if you have the VCR with you, only you can watch the tape.

Hope thats good, would make it but dunno how

udontnome43 said:
How about a video camera. you dbl click it and it says beggining to record, 3....2...1....recording... and you can do whatever. double click it and it will say the video camera has stopped recording. what would you like to do?
1- rewind- start over
2- save to video tape
3- erase video from memory
4- erase all data

to go along with that, a VCR, drag and drop the video tape onto the vcr(can be placed in houses and still be usable) and a little screen will come up to everyone in the home and they will watch what you do. they can either watch it, or click an X button in the corner, making the screen disappear. Or if you have the VCR with you, only you can watch the tape.

Hope thats good, would make it but dunno how
#1: That idea sucks.
#2: This thread is more than a few months old.
#3: The original author of this thread has been banned because he was a fucking idiot.

Broadside

Wanderer
A container for taming system that one can target a pet and it adds it to the container and when you open it shows the bredds and how many of eahc in there than you click a button of a breed and see all of its type its gender, name, and maybe current level. This would also help a server for item count for shrunk pets kept in banks and such much like the resource containers.

Vorspire

Knight
(May aswel res the thread for other people to get ideas from)

What about a weapon that would display a ring of fire (columns) around the mobile being hit?

A spell that could temporarily increase/decrease SKILLS?

A 'smooth' flying NPC?

A script that knows when you have equipped a full set of armor, and adds armor bonuses to one or all parts ONLY when #1- The FULL set is activated and #2- Only when it is equipped? (I have it done, but i couldn't release it sry)

A house that actually goes in an infinite loop on the Z axis of the map, with a winding staircase?

Finish the defusable part of my 5,4,3,2,1...BOOM bomb script?

Paintball gun that hues a random piece of whatever they are wearing on hit?

Flamethrower using "Moving" effects (Check out the effect controler when set up to "Move" a fire column to a mobile on double click.. click it fast enough it looks like a flame thrower ;)

"Bank Access" button addon for house menus? (It proves efficient).

thats all i can think of atm... :)

Broadside

Wanderer
I was not posting really to have somone make a script i jsut thought i would pop an idea out i mean i see some nice ones in here that i may look into myself.

Broadside said:
I was not posting really to have somone make a script i jsut thought i would pop an idea out i mean i see some nice ones in here that i may look into myself.
thats not the point, the member who made this thread was baned for his stupidity, and its a very old thread anyways.