RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipwright : allows ship crafting

awdball

Sorceror
Shipwright : allows ship crafting

Summary:
Have you wanted to let your players ply the trade of ship building?

Here's how.

This script implements DefShipwright, ShipwrightTools and several component parts for the crafting of ships. This version was designed to not require any files except this script file. No mul changes no graphics changes, it simply re-uses any existing graphics already in the base distribution.

This is my first script all comments are welcome, and I'd like to thank a few folks on the forums who helped with some misc. info.

Thanks to Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, GM Robin, bleis, GoldDraco13 and jrocks, every little bit helps.

editted Apr 11 2004: -----------------------------
NOTE: works perfectly on Beta 36 and v1.0 RC0
-----------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy!

Description:
NOTE 1:
Specifically ignores the key, hold, tillerman and a few other items.
I considered using a key or a pair of keys, a crate for the hold, and
a service contract to bind a tillerman. I even remotely considered
needing an unmarked rune to justify being able to recall to your key
to get back to your boat. But dismissed it just so that I could limit
the crafting gump to one menu page in each category.

NOTE 2:
There is a bug in RUNUO Beta 36 CraftItem.cs for more details see:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32078
This only affects new craft menus like my DefShipwright, that use the
final parameter for a string message when you do not have enough resources.
Instead of displaying the string for the message it displays the string
for the object name. The following fix can be applied to CraftItem.cs at
approximately line 523 and line 648 ( of a clean Beta 36 build) :

Change
Code:
                message = res.NameString;
to
Code:
                message = res.MessageString;

Future Version plans:
A) Implement replacement boat classes that allow makers mark, and perhaps
variable hold sizes.
B) Use a multi for the mast and assembled fixtures, or simply change
them to deeds. Please send me any comments on whether you like the
large mast, want a full multi version, or the simpler deed.

Installation:
Place in your personal custom scripts folder, and [add ShipwrightTools to play with it.

To add the tools to the tinkers craft menu, add the following to
Scripts/Engines/Craft/DefTinkering.cs:
Code:
        AddCraft( typeof( ShipwrightTools ), 1044046, "shipwright tools",
                        20.0, 70.0, typeof( IronIngot ), "iron ingots", 3, 1044037 );
To add some of these components to the Shipwright Vendor you would edit
Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBShipwright.cs

To add the tools to the Tinker Vendor you would add the following to
Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBTinker.cs:
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "shipwright tools", typeof( ShipwrightTools ), 30, 20, 0x1EBA, 0 ) );

--editted June 2 2004--
Added ShipKit.cs

Expansion for Shipwright.cs adds pre-packaged kits for playing with your ship building skills.
Drop in your custom script folder and

[add AdvancedShipKit

or

[add BasicShipKit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone · · CAPitalizaTION Counts m_BeCareful!
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial · · Good forum searching tips

Attachments

• Shipwright.cs
    21 KB · Views: 1,319
  • ShipKit.cs
    3.8 KB · Views: 741

awdball

Sorceror
Zidane4056 said:
Exactly what nails does it need to build a deck section?
I tried adding nails like carpenters use but no go

I set it to use up sets of carpenters nails.... based on what's in the Beta 36 build. I didn't add or change anything to nails or rope. Item ID 0X102E or 4142. Available either by buying them off the base Tinker vendor or by command for an admin as
Code:
[add Nails
Note: Some components need several sets of nails, and they're used as resources not as tools.

Rakshasas

Wanderer
I like this concept, I was planning on doing something similar (probably less detailed) so I will give this script a try.

awdball

Sorceror
wraith said:
About the use of dragon scales, sweet, but i have one question. is it supose to be trial and error on guessing what type scale to use (red,blue,green)?
if not is there a way to let people know that it is the red scale needed? currently i have put next to the Dragon scale this extra text but it looks shabby (red)

i was hoping to see under the componantes something like

Boards or Logs 100
Dragon Scales (red) 8

could be? maybe :)

Good thought. I hadn't tested that aspect at all. My intent was that you would be able to use all hues of scales. The only basis I had for that was when I created scales with the [add it came back with RedScales and that the existing craft entries for dragon armor ask for RedScales as a base.

Anyone tested this with green scales yet? I know I will when I get back to my gaming system.

I guess I might have to edit this to include the whole SetUseSubRes and AddSubRes...

awdball

Sorceror
Ta Dahhh!

wraith said:
As it stands i tried Black, green, blue and then red and found the only one that worked was red, I didnt try Yellow or.... cant remember the other.
but if you can make it use all colors then ...LoL skip the thing i said in the earlier post :)

I got it to work just by using BaseScales instead of RedScales in the AddRes for the ShipsDragonHead. Thanks Wraith for checking this out!

I updated the file attached to include this fix, so either download again or simply change RedScales to BaseScales.

Tremerelord

Wanderer
Sounds very cool, cant wait to try it out. :D Do you think you could include instructions in the rar in the future, makes it a bit easier. :)

awdball

Sorceror
Tremerelord said:
Sounds very cool, cant wait to try it out. :D Do you think you could include instructions in the rar in the future, makes it a bit easier. :)

All instructions presented here in the forum are included in full as comments in the script.

v1ck

Wanderer
Alot of these item I'd never would let a player have, so I re-wrote the whole thing to use "plans" instead of an item. other then that the script is great work. thanks for the ideas!

This sounds cool. I'll have to give it a try this weekend.

I wonder how difficult it would be to do something similar with a house.

Maybe I'll try that too.

Thanks.

CD

asus77

Wanderer
Great Idea! I was thinking about a neat add in for this script. If the custom boats are made in felucca then the player could add working canons that could be used to shoot other custom boats. The custom boat would have hit points and if hit enough times by an attacking boat, it would then stop and unlock, allowing attacker to board vessel. The owner of the boat would then have to go to a carpenter who could make a repair deed to repair the boat. War out on the water! I think the script it great alone just thought I would post this idea. I know this would be comples to do but cool none the less!

awdball

Sorceror
asus77 said:
Great Idea! I was thinking about a neat add in for this script. If the custom boats are made in felucca then the player could add working canons that could be used to shoot other custom boats. The custom boat would have hit points and if hit enough times by an attacking boat, it would then stop and unlock, allowing attacker to board vessel. The owner of the boat would then have to go to a carpenter who could make a repair deed to repair the boat. War out on the water! I think the script it great alone just thought I would post this idea. I know this would be comples to do but cool none the less!

That does sound like fun to try. I'll add it to my list after a couple other pet projects. I was thinking it might be fun to find some way to do addons for ships. A working cannon addon for a ship sounds like a blast. Pun intended. :^)

I like the idea about doing damage to unlock the plank, similar to beating beetles into submission before you start taming.

asus77

Wanderer
awdball said:
That does sound like fun to try. I'll add it to my list after a couple other pet projects. I was thinking it might be fun to find some way to do addons for ships. A working cannon addon for a ship sounds like a blast. Pun intended. :^)

I like the idea about doing damage to unlock the plank, similar to beating beetles into submission before you start taming.

Yeah it would be a blast but hard work. The olny flaw would be once the attacker boards the boat and kills you... I guess then you would have to be tele'd to land to get rez'd. Good luck if you can get to it but I bet it would be sweet!

joshw

Sorceror
Um ok i tryed to download this to take alok at it and either something is wierd but the format doesnt seem to be right when i open it with notepad looks all funny

awdball

Sorceror
joshw said:
Um ok i tryed to download this to take alok at it and either something is wierd but the format doesnt seem to be right when i open it with notepad looks all funny

OOOOOOHHH man does it ever! My appologies to all the die-hard notepad users!!! I use vi myself so I'm even more backward. If you open with wordpad/write you should be fine. I'll try and update it with the propper windoh$ carriage-return-line-feeds and repost so it's more generally legible.