RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipwright : allows ship crafting

joshw

Sorceror
if anything just serve up a text version its easy enough to put a .cs at end to save lol

but got it anyways thanks

awdball

Sorceror
I cut-n-pasted it back onto itself to include the CR-LF pairs., but darn, now my download count is back to zero 'cause it's a new file. I had about 70 dnloads before I re-uploaded. That's not important, as long as folks can use it.
---------------------------------------------------------
awdball (old school c coder learning and luvin c#)

joshw

Sorceror
most people using notepad will also have wordpad so no worries just nice to know what your using to write it in so can open

Tark

Wanderer
Craftable

heh i use vi when im on my linux box, makes notepad look like mr user friendly.

im working on a craftable house script, ill probably post it when its done

gelfling

Wanderer
question ???

When i put it in my customs folder and go ingame and type:
[add Shipwright Tools it say: usage shipwright tools and nothing happens?
I looked at the script ( i am new at this) it seems to me like there are two scripts in there.
Shipright.cs and shipwright tool.cs.
Do i have to cut and paste them into two separates maybe?
What do i need to do to get it working and not get mesage :usage shipwright tool ???
Greetz

awdball

Sorceror
gelfling said:
When i put it in my customs folder and go ingame and type:
[add Shipwright Tools it say: usage shipwright tools and nothing happens?
I looked at the script ( i am new at this) it seems to me like there are two scripts in there.
Shipright.cs and shipwright tool.cs.
Do i have to cut and paste them into two separates maybe?
What do i need to do to get it working and not get mesage :usage shipwright tool ???
Greetz

The only thing you need is the correct command, it does work fine in one file. If you look a little more closely at the original post the Shipwright and the Tools are not seperate words.

Try

[add ShipwrightTools

and it should work fine for you.

Also note "[add shi" or just "[add" will bring up a gump that lets you do rudimentary searches over the objects in the server to add.
awdball (old school c coder learning and luvin c#)

awdball

Sorceror
Well, for whoever voted a one on this thread morning of Mar 25, I would love to hear your comments on why. Please PM or post. Thanks in advance!
oh well, I guess I'll never know.
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial

H

hudel

Wild thing... think I love you... ;)

Very nice script. Really good work. It's perfekt for an RPG-Shard and works well with my RC0.
Thanks you very much for sharing. You are my hero... :D

Amplify

Wanderer
Cool :)
when i started UO i thought that you had to carpenter your boat but it turned out you could just buy it on a deed... quite shit...

Good work..

ray57913

Wanderer
wraith said:
As it stands i tried Black, green, blue and then red and found the only one that worked was red, I didnt try Yellow or.... cant remember the other.
but if you can make it use all colors then ...LoL skip the thing i said in the earlier post :)
for me green works just fine. but question it there a way you can make a shipwright bag and stone which gives a bag of at least nails and maybe a set of ingots, boards, scales and anything else needed

awdball

Sorceror
ray57913 said:
... but question it there a way you can make a shipwright bag and stone which gives a bag of at least nails and maybe a set of ingots, boards, scales and anything else needed

Thanks, I like that. It is a great idea for an extra that adds value to this package, especially for shard admins who want to test or add this to the CharacterCreation FillBankBox. I'll likely post later today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone · · CAPitalizaTION Counts m_BeCareful!
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial · · Good forum searching tips

ray57913

Wanderer
i tried to convert the scribebag into a ship bag but it seemed to fail. but also if you make just for test or something, there should be at least a bag of nails for sale that holds like 50 sets of nails.

Protius73

Sorceror
Ive got this running on my shard now and the players are going nuts over it
But however i do have a question
Would it be possible to modify the system or even the boats to allow them to retain the hue of the wood used to create it?? ive got custom woods on my shard and would be a great thing to have custom colored boats... or even a way to make the boats hueable in large form ... for some reason i cant get it to hue for anything :mad:

awdball

Sorceror
ray57913 said:
i tried to convert the scribebag into a ship bag but it seemed to fail. but also if you make just for test or something, there should be at least a bag of nails for sale that holds like 50 sets of nails.

I have added ShipKit.cs to the attachments for this, please try it out and see what you think. I was in a bit of a silly mood when I did this. :^)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone · · CAPitalizaTION Counts m_BeCareful!
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial · · Good forum searching tips

ocalit

Wanderer
problem with the instruction manual

I have a problem with the manual in the kit. The begining of the book is fine, but the rest of it is blank. This is in the basic kit. In the advance kit it wont go past page one. Im using 1.0 RC0. Maybe its just my server. If not please let me know. I get no errors when the scripts compile or in game when I create the kits or ship components.

Spencer

Wanderer
I don't have any problems with except I think I shouldn't have replaced the shipwright.cs with the one supplied because it wiped it from the server.