RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipwright : allows ship crafting

awdball

Sorceror
ocalit said:
I have a problem with the manual in the kit. The begining of the book is fine, but the rest of it is blank. This is in the basic kit. In the advance kit it wont go past page one. Im using 1.0 RC0. Maybe its just my server. If not please let me know. I get no errors when the scripts compile or in game when I create the kits or ship components.

No, you're not having any real problem. The manual was a bit of a joke I added to the kit. All the real "pages" are missing/torn out/blank. Sorry for not making that clearer.

:^)

--awdball--

ocalit

Wanderer
Well thats a bit of a relief...

awdball said:
No, you're not having any real problem. The manual was a bit of a joke I added to the kit. All the real "pages" are missing/torn out/blank. Sorry for not making that clearer.

:^)

--awdball--

Well thanks anyways for the reply.. A bit of relief to know that its not an error in the script.

kaZe

Wanderer
awdball said:
Summary:
Have you wanted to let your players ply the trade of ship building?

Here's how.

This script implements DefShipwright, ShipwrightTools and several component parts for the crafting of ships. This version was designed to not require any files except this script file. No mul changes no graphics changes, it simply re-uses any existing graphics already in the base distribution.

This is my first script all comments are welcome, and I'd like to thank a few folks on the forums who helped with some misc. info.

Thanks to Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, GM Robin, bleis, GoldDraco13 and jrocks, every little bit helps.

editted Apr 11 2004: -----------------------------
NOTE: works perfectly on Beta 36 and v1.0 RC0
-----------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy!

Description:
NOTE 1:
Specifically ignores the key, hold, tillerman and a few other items.
I considered using a key or a pair of keys, a crate for the hold, and
a service contract to bind a tillerman. I even remotely considered
needing an unmarked rune to justify being able to recall to your key
to get back to your boat. But dismissed it just so that I could limit
the crafting gump to one menu page in each category.

NOTE 2:
There is a bug in RUNUO Beta 36 CraftItem.cs for more details see:
http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32078
This only affects new craft menus like my DefShipwright, that use the
final parameter for a string message when you do not have enough resources.
Instead of displaying the string for the message it displays the string
for the object name. The following fix can be applied to CraftItem.cs at
approximately line 523 and line 648 ( of a clean Beta 36 build) :

Change
Code:
                message = res.NameString;
to
Code:
                message = res.MessageString;

Future Version plans:
A) Implement replacement boat classes that allow makers mark, and perhaps
variable hold sizes.
B) Use a multi for the mast and assembled fixtures, or simply change
them to deeds. Please send me any comments on whether you like the
large mast, want a full multi version, or the simpler deed.

Installation:
Place in your personal custom scripts folder, and [add ShipwrightTools to play with it.

To add the tools to the tinkers craft menu, add the following to
Scripts/Engines/Craft/DefTinkering.cs:
Code:
        AddCraft( typeof( ShipwrightTools ), 1044046, "shipwright tools",
                        20.0, 70.0, typeof( IronIngot ), "iron ingots", 3, 1044037 );
To add some of these components to the Shipwright Vendor you would edit
Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBShipwright.cs

To add the tools to the Tinker Vendor you would add the following to
Scripts/Mobiles/Vendors/SBInfo/SBTinker.cs:
Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "shipwright tools", typeof( ShipwrightTools ), 30, 20, 0x1EBA, 0 ) );

--editted June 2 2004--
Added ShipKit.cs

Expansion for Shipwright.cs adds pre-packaged kits for playing with your ship building skills.
Drop in your custom script folder and

[add AdvancedShipKit

or

[add BasicShipKit
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
awdball · NON-beligerent Forum Member · · · · ;^) · · · · RUNUO-FAQ · · [CODE] Post CODE inside tags [/CODE]
The team for moderation on RUNUO Forums · · · · HelpSomeone · · CAPitalizaTION Counts m_BeCareful!
(old school c coder learning and luvin c#) · · · · · · · Great C# Tutorial · · Good forum searching tips
EXCELLENT!
Works! :) :) :) :)

WebSiter

Wanderer
Hi all,

At first its an excellent script. Thanks for sharing.

But I have a problem, when I try to add ShipWriteTool to Tinker Vendor sell list, it only show Toolkit.

Here is my code.

Code:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "shipwright tools", typeof( ShipwrightTools ), 30, 20, 0x1EBA, 0 ) );

Where is the problem in this line of code, please help me.

Khantrah

Wanderer
Fantastic script awdball, this is exactly what I am looking for. Also, I would just like to say that the suggestion someone made about implementing craftable boat add-ons as well as ship-to-ship combat would be amazing. I know it's probably not something you'd have at the top of your list, but if you ever did find the time, I'd be ecstatic .

I'm currently developing a shard based entirely around naval travel, warfare, and conquest, so these kinds of things are great to have. Hopefully I'll be able to code some of this myself, but I'm new to programming and the learning curve proves steep at the moment. Until I get a handle on things, it's great to find scripts like this one, thanks again.