RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoking Banned in State of Illinois

or maybe he shouldnt be grabbing chicks asses without permission :/ the females I know wouldnt have charged him, theyd have broken his arm :/

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yah, well, that's out in the country (i.e. at least five miles from where I am). Outlawing it silly on the principle that people can kill themselves slowly by asphyxiation if they want to...

slymoon

Wanderer
A_Li_N;732292 said:
Good riddance. I walk outside to get fresh air, not have disgusting cigarette smoke drifting up my nose. And, yeah, I'd prefer to suck on a car exhaust pipe before a cigarette. I'm glad I live in a town that has banned smoking in all public buildings. Bars, restaurants, everywhere. I can enjoy myself with my friends without fear of getting sick for a week from second hand smoke.

You smokers have it ruff having to deal with all these laws. pfft. Fuck off and make better choices for your life and the life of the people around you.

Well actualy there are scientific proof that smoking is not so bad. I guess it's hard to live in a country where everything is media and huge lie. Living the american dream. They tell you what to do :D when and how. In my opinion - zombies. No offense :cool:

Seven

Sorceror
What kind of cig do you smoke?

Myself:
- Newports
- Camel Signature Blends
- Marb Reds
- and if I can't afford much, Basics

What also annoys me about cigarette smokers aside from the second hand smoke: whenever they come to buy cigarettes and they don't fucking know to order them.

"I need a pack of marlboros." What fucking kind? I've got a million different types.... which is usually followed by "uhhhhhhhhhhh...." You'd swear they're ordering a new kidney or something.

They get the name wrong. "I need virgina slim ultra thins." WE DON'T SELL THOSE SORRY BUT WE DO HAVE SUPERSLIMS YOU DUMB SHIT.

And then those that keep asking if I have a buy one-get one special.... repeated. "Do you have any buy one get one frees on marlboro lights?" Nope sorry, sir. "You sure? you don't got any?" I'm positive. "I just got some here the other day." We must of have sold out. "Can you check the back?" WE DONT FUCKING HAVE ANY OK????

slymoon

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev;753664 said:
What also annoys me about cigarette smokers aside from the second hand smoke: whenever they come to buy cigarettes and they don't fucking know to order them.

"I need a pack of marlboros." What fucking kind? I've got a million different types.... which is usually followed by "uhhhhhhhhhhh...." You'd swear they're ordering a new kidney or something.

They get the name wrong. "I need virgina slim ultra thins." WE DON'T SELL THOSE SORRY BUT WE DO HAVE SUPERSLIMS YOU DUMB SHIT.

And then those that keep asking if I have a buy one-get one special.... repeated. "Do you have any buy one get one frees on marlboro lights?" Nope sorry, sir. "You sure? you don't got any?" I'm positive. "I just got some here the other day." We must of have sold out. "Can you check the back?" WE DONT FUCKING HAVE ANY OK????

I guess those are just 'slow' people. I Wouldn't call em real smokers. Real smoker knows what he's buying

LadyRhia

Wanderer
I smoke Free Spirit brand it's a generic that I purchase from a small convinence Store in my local area and Florida where I live has banned smoking form all public places since 2000. and in my personal opinion that is just crap :(

carriehart;732279 said:
As of Jan 1, from what I understand smoking out side your home is a crime in Illinois, I know it's not good for you, but come on it's ok to breath exaust fumes, and all the rest of the crap in the air, but your afraid of a little cigarette. I can understand banning it inside building's, but outside?
What's next, someone going to tell us we should wipe our ass's with our left hand because it's healthier than with our right?

Please someone tell me I'm mistaken and it's not really true.

Screw Ban's

The shit I smoke is illegal everywhere.

America going smoke free.

Welcome to America the Land of the umm well.... Well welcome to America the land of the not so free. So what if I wanna kill myself by smoking a cigarette. It's my right to do so.

Now on the other hand people can go to the bar or where ever and get drunk. Then go and drive and kill people now and not YEARS down the road. All we do about people drinking and driving is punish them by either taking away their license (which does no good, people still drive without licenses anyway) or make them pay $75 a month to get an on board breathalyser in their car/truck and let them drive some more.

All it takes is 1 drunk on a major highway/interstate/city road and they could kill many people at one moment.

At least being killed by cigarette smoke you can still live for many years before you are killed by it.

That's my 2 cents worth. And I know many people feel the same way.

unknown138

Wanderer
carriehart;732279 said:
As of Jan 1, from what I understand smoking out side your home is a crime in Illinois, I know it's not good for you, but come on it's ok to breath exaust fumes, and all the rest of the crap in the air, but your afraid of a little cigarette. I can understand banning it inside building's, but outside?

people don't roll up muffler rust and smoke it like a chimney.

people have to drive to get places - so the exhaust is acceptable.

companies have to use machinery in order to create products which people need and want to use in their every day lives - so the fumes from factories are acceptable.

smoking does not do anything for anyone. it is a false sense of stress relief. nothing about smoking is good for you, or necessary. it is a waste of money and health, and i for one am sick of being in areas filled with cigarette smoke, putting my own health at risk just because of someone elses disgusting habit.

every cigarette you smoke is not only having a negative impact on you, but everyone around you, as well as our planet. think about how many people smoke each day, and how many cigarettes they have each day. how much pointless smoke does that equal filling our air? yeah buddy, you look real cool getting lung cancer.

hungry4knowhow;732300 said:
FTW, gotta say im with carrie on that one.

Just because you choose not to doesnt mean we are some kind of people killing devils. Lol. Settle down and be easy. And btw, im not responsible for anybody around me so Im really not to concerned with them. If you dont like my smoke for all i care you can walk away.

why should i have to walk away? you're the one putting MY health in danger, not just your own. you're the one who should be walking away.

Behringer;732362 said:
First off, there is no non-smoking section in a restaurant if they allow smoking. I stopped going to a lot of mainstream restaurants because even in the non-smoking section, I could still smell the smoke from the bar or smoking section. Smoker's don't seem to understand thatjust the act of smoking when there are non-smokers around forces it upon them. Let me make a more general statement. Anything you do in a public place affects anyone else in that place. So great, a smoker lights up in a public place. Sure I have the right to walk away, but that doesn't mean I wasn't already exposed to it.

bingo. and theres nothing better than smelling and inhaling cigarette smoke the entire time you're trying to enjoy a meal, right?

TheRockstar2253;732364 said:
I'm with Lysdexic. If non smokers have a problem with us Smokers smoking, then either go back inside where you cant smell it, Or take a walk down the street.

Behsides..Smokers Raise Hell when they can't have their Cigs. I mean I know I do when I can't.

why dont YOU take a walk down the street. its your habit, not mine. its my RIGHT to not have to put my own health in danger just because i want to walk outside and get some "fresh" air.

Lysdexic;732375 said:
And I'm allergic to cats, along with millions of other Americans...

Guess what cat-lovers... your cats are next!!! Fluffy can't be around because poor Behringer sneezes too much.

Funny thing is, it's a proven fact that some exposure to an allergen builds your tolerance levels of said allergen. Don't misread what I just said though, it only builds the tolerance. I now own a cat just so my allergies don't get the best of me when I'm around other cats (yeah, I'm still fucked around 3+ cats, but I'm not forced to be around those, am I?).

i would rather NOT BE AROUND WHAT IM ALLERGIC TO IN THE FIRST PLACE than be around something i am allergic to with a tolerance for it. but hey, call me crazy...

jhs59;732557 said:
I have to say that I like parts of the ban and hate other parts. Why should the smokers in my workplace be banned from smoking out back in the garage like they have for years and years? It's not a place where customers come to eat or to purchase items and it's not open to the public. No one here has a problem with it and yet, the smokers, by law, can not smoke in the warm garage any more.

i agree with this. if smokers have a specific area that they smoke and always will smoke that is completely out of the way, then non smokers should know not to go near there if they dont want to be around it.

Kheldar;732677 said:
actual certain foods are unhealthy why do u think they got away with suing mcdonalds and now there is no super sized fries.

the food itself is not unhealthy, it is what they put in the food that makes it unhealthy.

Alcyone;732742 said:
I am a smoker, my husband is not. Of my own accord, I used to step outside if I wanted to smoke because I don't feel I should kill him with my choice to smoke.

respect.

Johabius;733680 said:
Kansas is considering implementing a similar ban. Welcome to 1984. The government should have no right to dictate what someone can do with their private businesses. I know some will make the comparison between allowing smoking, and the right to eject black people. There is a difference. Smoking is a choice, being black (or mexican, or any other minority) is not a choice. Whoever tries to use that argument is using a flawed argument.

oh really? so if someone owns a "business" that someone else walks into, then the business owners should have a right to rape, torture, and kill that person while they are in their "private business" residence?

Johabius;733812 said:
I'm actually in the process of quitting smoking, to be honest. So I guess we'll see if I still feel the same way after I quit.

once you see how much money you save, and how much better you feel, then your mind will slowly lean towards the smoking bans. food tastes better, air smells fresher, you dont get tired as easily, life is just better without cigarettes.

TMSTKSBK;752988 said:
Lol at smokers in general. But outlawing it is silly.

i agree. it shouldn't be outlawed, but if people choose to smoke, they should have restrictions so it does not have any impact on other peoples health.

Callandor2k;754650 said:
Welcome to America the Land of the umm well.... Well welcome to America the land of the not so free. So what if I wanna kill myself by smoking a cigarette. It's my right to do so.

Now on the other hand people can go to the bar or where ever and get drunk. Then go and drive and kill people now and not YEARS down the road. All we do about people drinking and driving is punish them by either taking away their license (which does no good, people still drive without licenses anyway) or make them pay $75 a month to get an on board breathalyser in their car/truck and let them drive some more.

All it takes is 1 drunk on a major highway/interstate/city road and they could kill many people at one moment.

At least being killed by cigarette smoke you can still live for many years before you are killed by it.

That's my 2 cents worth. And I know many people feel the same way.

even if it was your right to kill yourself with a cigarette (lets just pretend that suicide is not illegal here), what you do not realize or understand (because smoking is one of the most selfish things you can do), is that SECOND HAND SMOKE is more dangerous than first hand smoke.

how can you sit here and say "at least you can live for years before being killed by it" as if dying from emphysema is nothing major. i'd love to see you get emphysema or lung cancer and see how much you enjoy your life as it progressively turns to shit and you will WISH you were dead. try having to live with a breathing device for a day and see how much you enjoy it, fucking idiot.

pos77;754675 said:
people don't roll up muffler rust and smoke it like a chimney.

people have to drive to get places - so the exhaust is acceptable.

companies have to use machinery in order to create products which people need and want to use in their every day lives - so the fumes from factories are acceptable.

smoking does not do anything for anyone. it is a false sense of stress relief. nothing about smoking is good for you, or necessary. it is a waste of money and health, and i for one am sick of being in areas filled with cigarette smoke, putting my own health at risk just because of someone elses disgusting habit.

every cigarette you smoke is not only having a negative impact on you, but everyone around you, as well as our planet. think about how many people smoke each day, and how many cigarettes they have each day. how much pointless smoke does that equal filling our air? yeah buddy, you look real cool getting lung cancer.

why should i have to walk away? you're the one putting MY health in danger, not just your own. you're the one who should be walking away.

bingo. and theres nothing better than smelling and inhaling cigarette smoke the entire time you're trying to enjoy a meal, right?

why dont YOU take a walk down the street. its your habit, not mine. its my RIGHT to not have to put my own health in danger just because i want to walk outside and get some "fresh" air.

i would rather NOT BE AROUND WHAT IM ALLERGIC TO IN THE FIRST PLACE than be around something i am allergic to with a tolerance for it. but hey, call me crazy...

i agree with this. if smokers have a specific area that they smoke and always will smoke that is completely out of the way, then non smokers should know not to go near there if they dont want to be around it.

the food itself is not unhealthy, it is what they put in the food that makes it unhealthy.

respect.

oh really? so if someone owns a "business" that someone else walks into, then the business owners should have a right to rape, torture, and kill that person while they are in their "private business" residence?

once you see how much money you save, and how much better you feel, then your mind will slowly lean towards the smoking bans. food tastes better, air smells fresher, you dont get tired as easily, life is just better without cigarettes.

i agree. it shouldn't be outlawed, but if people choose to smoke, they should have restrictions so it does not have any impact on other peoples health.

even if it was your right to kill yourself with a cigarette (lets just pretend that suicide is not illegal here), what you do not realize or understand (because smoking is one of the most selfish things you can do), is that SECOND HAND SMOKE is more dangerous than first hand smoke.

how can you sit here and say "at least you can live for years before being killed by it" as if dying from emphysema is nothing major. i'd love to see you get emphysema or lung cancer and see how much you enjoy your life as it progressively turns to shit and you will WISH you were dead. try having to live with a breathing device for a day and see how much you enjoy it, fucking idiot.

Hahaha wow your an idiot. Hope your having fun by quoting most of those posts which were made over 2 months ago. Here let me reward you for your awesome post. *hands a cookie*