RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so i need to make money

MarciXs

Sorceror
Bank loan? credit card? google cash within minutes? Depending on your skills freelance work? Selling some of your stuff?

Hammerhand

Knight
Bank robbery? Blackmail? Extortion? Mugging? Selling unwanted family members into slavery? Oh wait.. you said GOOD ideas.... uuummm.. sorry, I got nuttin'.

Viago

Knight
stealing scrap metal and selling it. Also works with copper. You can also advertise you take computers and tvs in for recycling free of charge, then donate them to your local Goodwill and write it off on your taxes.....

Countessa

Administrator
Pizza delivery especially as the Christmas season approaches

Other delivery - a couple people have done a great business delivering w/e. They will pick up cigs or munchies and deliver them. Beer from off-sale (need id at the door when they show up) Flowers from stores that don't deliver (like the local grocery stores that often have nice flowers). Think they go on a flat rate fee.

Companion shoppers/sitters/friends - hired by families to shop/sit/visit with elderly family. Might be driving them to the store, pushing the cart, bringing the bags in, etc. Or being their friend that takes them to Bingo. Or makes up the fourth for Monday afternoon Bridge.

If you have any kind of crafting skills and supplies, make some stuff up and sell it on kijiji, craiglist or garage sale/buy sell pages in your area. Think Christmas gifts because I know ppl are out buying for it already.

Party host. You set up the party (at their house/banquet room), make sure things run smooth for food/munchies and drinks, run the music and organize other entertainment as requested by the employer, play dealer if poker or other cards are involved, and clean up after.

Fall yard cleanup and prep services

Do a RL 'CUB' and sell everything you don't need, love or use.

Sell your blood

Sell a kidney

Rent out your laundry room by the hour

trevorc21

Knight
I would sell a kidney but from research you only get like 1000 bucks and what if i need it down the road? I feel like if someone else might need i, i might need it.

My one friend used to sell his sperm for money. They wanted like "slow sperm" so he would put it in the microwave. He made some bank for that.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
You can get 40,000 for a nut, not too sure if that deal is still going on though but that was down in Texas. I would save your body parts and just make a lemonade stand on the side of the road.

Vorspire

Knight
Start up a UO shard, fill it with every possible combination of useless shit you can find on the forums, claim to the public it's the best thing since Rick Roll and has everything they will need, make a shitty website for it and pile it full of annoying, un-targeted adverts, throw together a rediculous donations page where Longswords canbe bought for $100 just because they have a fire-on-hit animation, let the shard run fora month and finally shut down the project after either A: you realise you have no idea what you're doing or B (the most likely) you've reached your target donation amount/total you needed in order to pay off your dirty crack habit debts.

Good luck, seems every other moron is trying this method, if we can't beat them, join them.

[EDIT]

Completely un-related reply edit,
@MelMiller;
I still stand by this comment and it still applies to at least 90% of free-shards out there.
This is an off-topic forum, for banter and bullshit, so good luck to you if you want to use it for blackmail :) (It's only black-mail if I care)
- 6 Apr 2013

[/EDIT]

Pakko

Traveler
Ok welll, I really want to help you so here is a few of the ways i used to make money quickly as a Teen,

1. Buy a few Books of raffle tickets and make up a flyer for "YOUR" local football team or something like that, then get some innoscent little fammily members children and offer them a small reward for there efforts. Then send them off door knocking for you to sell tickets to win a raffle from there local sproting club etc. etc.

No - one should pick up on it beacuase A. who ever wins these things B. who cares cuz you have brought a one way ticket to cuba and have disapeared to continue your buisiness as a proffesional scammer, (Pending Step 2.)

2. I have also always thought of creating a scam, (but never had the guts) i.e. I thought it would be funny to place an add or something alike in the local "RAG" along these lines :

WANT TO GET RICH

REGISTER TODAY FOR $5 & RECIEVE YOUR STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO BREAKING THE BARRIERS TO YOUR FINANCIAL SUCCESS.

I DUNNO MAN THIS IS UPTO YOU I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS AS I HAVE NOT COMPLETELY FINISHED WRITING THE FORMULA, THIS IS STILL IN ALPHA STAGE AND IS PENDING \\\\UPDATES////

GOOD LUCK AND I WISH YOU LUCK ON YOUR QUEST FOR FAST CASH.