RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Questions

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Some Questions

Hello. I really hope this is the right place to post this...

1. Is my Shard Private? As in, only people I give the IP Address to can connect to it?

2. As the Admin Account, what are some things I can do, and how do I do them?

3. If my Shard IS private, what are the exact steps to letting friends connect? (Yes, I DID Search)

4. What exactly does Razor do?

Nozgo1

Sorceror
well...

I am seriously not trying to be rude, but honestly, all of your questions are answered in the new join forums. There is ALOT to what you are asking. It really would be easier just to say " read the new join forums". I know it can seem like its too much to read, but if you dont want to read it all your going to have a hard time running a shard. If there is something specific you have a question about then come back here and ask away, somebody will hook ya up. Vauge questions like this just tend to ruffle feathers around here.
Good luck with your shard!

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Nozgo1;838510 said:
I am seriously not trying to be rude, but honestly, all of your questions are answered in the new join forums. There is ALOT to what you are asking. It really would be easier just to say " read the new join forums". I know it can seem like its too much to read, but if you dont want to read it all your going to have a hard time running a shard. If there is something specific you have a question about then come back here and ask away, somebody will hook ya up. Vauge questions like this just tend to ruffle feathers around here.
Good luck with your shard!

Understood. Although I still can't find the answers, I'll get to that later. I have a MAJOR Problem right now. I'm running RunUO Version 2.0, and whenever I log in, I get a Black Screen that shows my Character, but I can't move. Any ideas on what to do?

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Soteric;838516 said:
You have outdated client (<7.x.x) or outdated RunUO ( < Final) version.

I know I'm using the latest RunUO, but I read on all sorts of threads that updating past 5.0.9 is a bad idea.

if you are patched below 6.0 then you need to modify mapdef file to support the pre 6.0 patch
for RunUO version of RC2, & Final and SVN
2 mods - trammel map being changed to "1" and the patch question part changed - easy question to answer

RC1 or version 1.0 should not need mods to use pre 6.0, but have a ton of bugs and most scripts in the script support section now will not support them

also the only real reason for for a new shard NOT to patch to 6.0+ is that they want the old maps with the old haven, magenca, etc

otherwise might as well patch up to 7.0.1 or so

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Alright, it STILL isn't working. Should I post my Map Definitions file in a code so you all can see if there's something wrong?

Soteric

Knight
LockeKnight;838520 said:
Didn't help. Seriously, I am NOT trying to be difficult here, but I really want this to work. Any other ideas?
What have you done? What is your client version now?

i suggest you also patch to 5.0.65+ -- 5.0.9.1 is best before the 6.0 patches
pre 5.0.65 (including the 5.0.6a-e's) had a lot of bugs in them

but yes post your mapdef file

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Alright. Here it is.

Code:
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class MapDefinitions
	{
		public static void Configure()
		{
			/* Here we configure all maps. Some notes:
			 * 1) The first 32 maps are reserved for core use.
			 * 2) Map 0x7F is reserved for core use.
			 * 3) Map 0xFF is reserved for core use.
			 * 4) Changing or removing any predefined maps may cause server instability.
			 */

RegisterMap( 0, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "Felucca",		MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel",		MapRules.TrammelRules );
			RegisterMap( 2, 2, 2, 2304, 1600, 1, "Ilshenar",	MapRules.TrammelRules );
			RegisterMap( 3, 3, 3, 2560, 2048, 1, "Malas",		MapRules.TrammelRules );
			RegisterMap( 4, 4, 4, 1448, 1448, 1, "Tokuno",		MapRules.TrammelRules );

RegisterMap( 0x7F, 0x7F, 0x7F, Map.SectorSize, Map.SectorSize, 1, "Internal", MapRules.Internal );

/* Example of registering a custom map:
			 * RegisterMap( 32, 0, 0, 6144, 4096, 3, "Iceland", MapRules.FeluccaRules );
			 * Defined:
			 * RegisterMap( <index>, <mapID>, <fileIndex>, <width>, <height>, <season>, <name>, <rules> );
			 *  - <index> : An unreserved unique index for this map
			 *  - <mapID> : An identification number used in client communications. For any visible maps, this value must be from 0-3
			 *  - <fileIndex> : A file identification number. For any visible maps, this value must be 0, 2, 3, or 4
			 *  - <width>, <height> : Size of the map (in tiles)
			 *  - <name> : Reference name for the map, used in props gump, get/set commands, region loading, etc
			 *  - <rules> : Rules and restrictions associated with the map. See documentation for details
			*/

TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = true;	//OSI client patch 6.0.0.0
		}

public static void RegisterMap( int mapIndex, int mapID, int fileIndex, int width, int height, int season, string name, MapRules rules )
		{
			Map newMap = new Map( mapID, mapIndex, fileIndex, width, height, season, name, rules );

Map.Maps[mapIndex] = newMap;
			Map.AllMaps.Add( newMap );
		}
	}
}

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;838569 said:
if still at pre 6.0:
try setting this to false:
TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = true;

else need to do other changes

Still no luck. I updated to 5.0.9.1, but I STILL get this irritating glitch. I'm starting to wonder if Razor has anything to do with it. Problem is, It hangs at Verifying Account if I don't use Razor.

if you do not use razor, then the client does not get decrypted, and then you can not connect

what is the glitch you are recieving now?

ok - i just doubled checked
you need to have:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
and
when using pre-6.0 patches

also make sure your datapath is set up correctly also to point to a 5.0.9.1 osi patch too

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;838583 said:
if you do not use razor, then the client does not get decrypted, and then you can not connect

Still the same "Black screen, can't move Character" thing.

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;838583 said:

ok - i just doubled checked
you need to have:
RegisterMap( 1, 1, 0, 7168, 4096, 0, "Trammel", MapRules.TrammelRules );
and
when using pre-6.0 patches

also make sure your datapath is set up correctly also to point to a 5.0.9.1 osi patch too

What do you mean "Make sure Datapath is set up correctly"? Also, how do I make it point to the 5.0.9.1 OSI Patch?

you need to make a directory - c:\runuofiles
in the datapath.cs file - have it point to that directory instead of null
then copy ALL of the files from your UO directory (not the sub directories) into that folder

then runuo is using the exact same copy of UO that uo are - and it allows you to then freeze items, etc to the map (then have to patch the changed files)