RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Questions

LockeKnight

Wanderer
OK...I did everything, and my account is still there, but my Character is gone, and whenever I start a new one, then come back after opening RunUO again, it's gone. Is this because of LenientKick or something else?

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
LockeKnight;838654 said:
OK...I did everything, and my account is still there, but my Character is gone, and whenever I start a new one, then come back after opening RunUO again, it's gone. Is this because of LenientKick or something else?

are you closing out RunUO before it saves? if so, then thats the problem. It has to save before you close it or else when you reopen it, it will be as though you never created the character in the first place. If you are making a character and everything is fine i'd personally suggest saving the server( i save 3 times to ensure good backup saves) and keep it as that. I wouldnt suggest figuring it out any further if it is fixed because then you might have the problem all over again. =]

Also, you can change the LenientKick in your ClientVerification.cs script
Just simply change this line:
Code:
private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = [COLOR="Red"]OldClientResponse.LenientKick[/COLOR];

To this:
Code:
private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = [COLOR="Red"]OldClientResponse.Ignore[/COLOR];

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838657 said:
are you closing out RunUO before it saves? if so, then thats the problem. It has to save before you close it or else when you reopen it, it will be as though you never created the character in the first place. If you are making a character and everything is fine i'd personally suggest saving the server( i save 3 times to ensure good backup saves) and keep it as that. I wouldnt suggest figuring it out any further if it is fixed because then you might have the problem all over again. =]

Also, you can change the LenientKick in your ClientVerification.cs script
Just simply change this line:
Code:
private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = [COLOR="Red"]OldClientResponse.LenientKick[/COLOR];

To this:
Code:
private static OldClientResponse m_OldClientResponse = [COLOR="Red"]OldClientResponse.Ignore[/COLOR];

How do I save the server?

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838661 said:
while in-game just use the command [save
That easy =]

OK! Everything *finally* seems to be working right! Hopefully it lasts, but if it shouldn't, I'll come back and post in this thread again. Thanks for being so patient with me everyone. I know I wasn't easy to work with, so thank you all.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
No problem. Just glad to be able to help. And remember, Everyone has to start somewhere, if not then they would never learn. =]

LockeKnight

Wanderer
I guess I spoke too soon. While there's no more black screen problems, something doesn't look right. It would appear as if objects, such as Bookshelves and Doors are scattered about, and when I'm near a building, they're in the wrong places. Any idea what's wrong?

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
LockeKnight;838664 said:
I guess I spoke too soon. While there's no more black screen problems, something doesn't look right. It would appear as if objects, such as Bookshelves and Doors are scattered about, and when I'm near a building, they're in the wrong places. Any idea what's wrong?

Hm, that sounds very ....odd.
Mind posting a snapshot of it?

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838667 said:
Hm, that sounds very ....odd.
Mind posting a snapshot of it?

Here. The top of the screen is where it stands out most in that area.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
is this haven? or is the entire world like this?
bacause in the newer patches (6.0.0.0+) old haven is destroyed like that you just have to delete the items/mobiles in haven

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838669 said:
is this haven? or is the entire world like this?
bacause in the newer patches (6.0.0.0+) old haven is destroyed like that you just have to delete the items/mobiles in haven

After using the Stuck command to go to Britannia and check, it seems everything is fine, so I guess it was just that area. :)

check out magincia too, felucca and trammel. and possibly land areas in moonglow trammel. looks like mine did when I went to client 6.0.14.1 or so. Haven destroyed and rebuilt. Magincia destroyed. A hole west on MoonGlow Trammel bank....

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
he is right. once it is in use [gmbody on yourself and then you will get a "Premium Spawner System" Stone and use that to spawn all of the facets.
After that i suggest going back to old haven and deleting all of the vendor spawns. They are not supposed to be there anymore they belong in New Haven

Also if you plan on adding any custom spawns of your own i personally suggest MegaSpawner. its much more advanced and quite easier to use and keep track of any spawners you may have placed.
Also you can have it set so only certain ranks can edit the spawners so you would not have to worry about anyone besides you and who you set, editing your spawns

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838683 said:
he is right. once it is in use [gmbody on yourself and then you will get a "Premium Spawner System" Stone and use that to spawn all of the facets.
After that i suggest going back to old haven and deleting all of the vendor spawns. They are not supposed to be there anymore they belong in New Haven

OK, I see the monsters now. Bears, Gargoyles, and the like. Now, here's the stupid part...how do I fight them?

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
if your immortal you have to set yourself to mortal
[mortal
(makes you mortal)
[invul
(makes you immortal again)
you cannot attack anything while immortal

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838685 said:
if your immortal you have to set yourself to mortal
[mortal
(makes you mortal)
[invul
(makes you immortal again)
you cannot attack anything while immortal

I changed to Mortal, but I still can't attack anything. Is there something special I need to click or type to do it?