RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Questions

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;838590 said:
you need to make a directory - c:\runuofiles
in the datapath.cs file - have it point to that directory instead of null
then copy ALL of the files from your UO directory (not the sub directories) into that folder

then runuo is using the exact same copy of UO that uo are - and it allows you to then freeze items, etc to the map (then have to patch the changed files)

STILL no luck. I just can't figure this out. Here's a Code with my DataPath.

Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class DataPath
	{
		/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\runuofiles";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

public static void Configure()
		{
			string pathReg = GetExePath( "Ultima Online" );
			string pathTD = GetExePath( "Ultima Online Third Dawn" );	//These refer to 2D & 3D, not the Third Dawn expansion

if ( CustomPath != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath ); 

if ( pathReg != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathReg ); 

if ( pathTD != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD ); 

if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 && !Core.Service )
			{
				Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
				Console.Write( "> " );

Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
			}
		}

private static string GetExePath( string subName )
		{
			try
			{
				String keyString;

if( Core.Is64Bit )
					keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0";
				else
					keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0";

using( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( keyString, subName ) ) )
				{
					if( key == null )
						return null;

string v = key.GetValue( "ExePath" ) as string;

if( v == null || v.Length <= 0 )
						return null;

if( !File.Exists( v ) )
						return null;

v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );

if( v == null )
						return null;

return v;
				}
			}
			catch
			{
				return null;
			}
		}
	}
}

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\runuofiles";

is this where your Ultima Online directory is located? if not, then that code is for your UO directory, Not your RunUO files.

EDIT: sorry, nevermind. i did not read greywolf's reply before posting this.

LockeKnight

Wanderer
OK...look, I appreciate you all trying to help me, but it STILL is not working. As such, I'm about to just give up, which is something I REALLY don't want to do. :( Here's another code with what I just did.

Code:
using System;
using System.IO;
using Microsoft.Win32;
using Server;

namespace Server.Misc
{
	public class DataPath
	{
		/* If you have not installed Ultima Online,
		 * or wish the server to use a separate set of datafiles,
		 * change the 'CustomPath' value, example:
		 * private const string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\Ultima Online";
		 */
		private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy";

/* The following is a list of files which a required for proper execution:
		 * Multi.idx
		 * Multi.mul
		 * VerData.mul
		 * TileData.mul
		 * Map*.mul
		 * StaIdx*.mul
		 * Statics*.mul
		 * MapDif*.mul
		 * MapDifL*.mul
		 * StaDif*.mul
		 * StaDifL*.mul
		 * StaDifI*.mul
		 */

public static void Configure()
		{
			string pathReg = GetExePath( "Ultima Online" );
			string pathTD = GetExePath( "Ultima Online Third Dawn" );	//These refer to 2D & 3D, not the Third Dawn expansion

if ( CustomPath != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( CustomPath ); 

if ( pathReg != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathReg ); 

if ( pathTD != null ) 
				Core.DataDirectories.Add( pathTD ); 

if ( Core.DataDirectories.Count == 0 && !Core.Service )
			{
				Console.WriteLine( "Enter the Ultima Online directory:" );
				Console.Write( "> " );

Core.DataDirectories.Add( Console.ReadLine() );
			}
		}

private static string GetExePath( string subName )
		{
			try
			{
				String keyString;

if( Core.Is64Bit )
					keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0";
				else
					keyString = @"SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\{0}\1.0";

using( RegistryKey key = Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey( String.Format( keyString, subName ) ) )
				{
					if( key == null )
						return null;

string v = key.GetValue( "ExePath" ) as string;

if( v == null || v.Length <= 0 )
						return null;

if( !File.Exists( v ) )
						return null;

v = Path.GetDirectoryName( v );

if( v == null )
						return null;

return v;
				}
			}
			catch
			{
				return null;
			}
		}
	}
}

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838600 said:
when you load up your server, what does it say? does it give an error?
if so please post it

It doesn't give me any errors, but I CAN show you what's happening in game.

LockeKnight

Wanderer
EvilPounder420;838603 said:
have you tried to use [go and move to another location? or is the entire world like this?

It was fine when I transported using help, but then when I logged out, then back in, it was in that state again. I REALLY don't understand why.

EvilPounder420

Sorceror
well i run RunUO 2.0 Final and i have my server patched to 7.0.5.0 have you tried to patch to 7.x.x.x?
maybe even on a clean version of runuo

JamzeMcC

Squire
LockeKnight;838606 said:
Yes, that's right.

I agree... The low patch with 2.0 is probably your issue. You dont have to go all the way to 7+ But I would suggest atleast 6.0.14.3 for runuo 2 final.... This is where ive had the best luck without adding in any of the SA stuff.

LockeKnight

Wanderer
JamzeMcC;838610 said:
I agree... The low patch with 2.0 is probably your issue. You dont have to go all the way to 7+ But I would suggest atleast 6.0.14.3 for runuo 2 final.... This is where ive had the best luck without adding in any of the SA stuff.

Sigh...I STILL get the black screen...

Nozgo1

Sorceror
Ok, for one thing, if you made any changes to datapath, or the map definition changes, and then you patch past 5.0.9.1, your going to have problems. Those changes are needed if you stay UNDER patch 6.0.

I would seriously suggest deleting your entire runuo folder, razor, and uninstalling UO. That way you can get a simple and fresh start with a little(very little) more experience at setting things up.

BEFORE you reinstall everything, make your decision ahead of time what version of UO you want to run.
That will require some thought on your part, and I would suggest reading some of the patch version posts about what the differences are. It will fall together MUCH easier if you make these decisions ahead of time, and know exactly which patch your going to use.

If you go with stopping @ patch 5.0.9.1, then you will need to make 2, and only 2 script changes to have a decent fresh start.

If you go with a higher patch, you should be fine anywhere between 6.0 and 7.0. to start.

I believe your problems came when you started out with a patch below 5.0.9.1 and did not make the 2 needed script changes. Then after you made those changes, you patched past 6.0. Once you patch past 6.0 you would need to undo those 2 patch changes that are meant for 5.0.9.1 and earlier. I hope this made sense. Again, good luck my friend.

LockeKnight

Wanderer
OK, this is REALLY weird...but I think it was my Character causing it. I had a thought, so I created a new Character, logged in, logged out, then logged back in, and it was fine. Although now, the new character is gone! It's just...gone out of nowhere. Any ideas on THIS one?

LockeKnight

Wanderer
Nozgo1;838648 said:
Ok, for one thing, if you made any changes to datapath, or the map definition changes, and then you patch past 5.0.9.1, your going to have problems. Those changes are needed if you stay UNDER patch 6.0.

I would seriously suggest deleting your entire runuo folder, razor, and uninstalling UO. That way you can get a simple and fresh start with a little(very little) more experience at setting things up.

BEFORE you reinstall everything, make your decision ahead of time what version of UO you want to run.
That will require some thought on your part, and I would suggest reading some of the patch version posts about what the differences are. It will fall together MUCH easier if you make these decisions ahead of time, and know exactly which patch your going to use.

If you go with stopping @ patch 5.0.9.1, then you will need to make 2, and only 2 script changes to have a decent fresh start.

If you go with a higher patch, you should be fine anywhere between 6.0 and 7.0. to start.

I believe your problems came when you started out with a patch below 5.0.9.1 and did not make the 2 needed script changes. Then after you made those changes, you patched past 6.0. Once you patch past 6.0 you would need to undo those 2 patch changes that are meant for 5.0.9.1 and earlier. I hope this made sense. Again, good luck my friend.

I'll follow your advice on this. I'll get back to you momentarily to tell you if it all worked.