RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Crash

had a crash for no apparent reason...well....to me anyways

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 1/12/2006 1:46:05 AM
Mobiles: 13801
Items: 133887
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.Exception: World Save event threw an exception.  Save failed! ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Run UO Server\Data\Forums\forumdata.sig".
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Server.BinaryFileWriter..ctor(String filename, Boolean prefixStr)
   at Server.Forums.ForumCore.EventSink_WorldSave(WorldSaveEventArgs e) in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\Forums\ForumCore.cs:line 113
   at Server.WorldSaveEventHandler.Invoke(WorldSaveEventArgs e)
   at Server.World.Save(Boolean message)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save() in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\Distro\Misc\AutoSave.cs:line 95
   at Server.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Jeff

Lord
Pyro-Tech said:
had a crash for no apparent reason...well....to me anyways

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 1/12/2006 1:46:05 AM
Mobiles: 13801
Items: 133887
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.Exception: World Save event threw an exception.  Save failed! ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "D:\Run UO Server\Data\Forums\forumdata.sig".
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Server.BinaryFileWriter..ctor(String filename, Boolean prefixStr)
   at Server.Forums.ForumCore.EventSink_WorldSave(WorldSaveEventArgs e) in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\New Scripts\Systems\Forums\ForumCore.cs:line 113
   at Server.WorldSaveEventHandler.Invoke(WorldSaveEventArgs e)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save() in d:\Run UO Server\Scripts\Custom\Distro\Misc\AutoSave.cs:line 95
   at Server.DelayCallTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Ok try the newest version, I think i ixed this, thanks for the -debug report too man, much easier to fix this issue :)

As far as the post on changing credits.txt to credits.SIG that wont solve anything, at no point in time to i look for credits.SIG in the scripts.

Jeff

Lord
Nam01 said:
worked for me havnt crashed since i did it
you should update, the problem was i didnt check for the path /data/forum and see if it existed, now it does and creates it if it doesnt exist, so you creating it and putting credits.sig fixed the problem by making the path, but credits.sig needs to be .txt or the credits page doesnt show the complete credits :)

Seven

Sorceror
Sorious said:
you should update, the problem was i didnt check for the path /data/forum and see if it existed, now it does and creates it if it doesnt exist, so you creating it and putting credits.sig fixed the problem by making the path, but credits.sig needs to be .txt or the credits page doesnt show the complete credits :)

I was still wondering, I havn't gotten a chance to reset my server yet... letting the players have some fun :)

Did you fix the posts yet? If there are too many of them or they don't all fit in that box they get cut off. (Like the actuall text) I'm not sure if its the same for topics?

Jeff

Lord
Seven said:
I was still wondering, I havn't gotten a chance to reset my server yet... letting the players have some fun :)

Did you fix the posts yet? If there are too many of them or they don't all fit in that box they get cut off. (Like the actuall text) I'm not sure if its the same for topics?
ya on the 1st post i edited with updates, versions and what included in each update

Update 1.0.2
-Added scrolling feature to the Threadview gump.
<-- this is the gump you get when you click on a accual thread
-Fixed a bug that could cause a crash.

Seven

Sorceror
Sorious said:
ya on the 1st post i edited with updates, versions and what included in each update

Update 1.0.2
-Added scrolling feature to the Threadview gump.
<-- this is the gump you get when you click on a accual thread
-Fixed a bug that could cause a crash.

I L-L-LO-LOVE YOU!

ME LOVE YOU LONG TIME!

I have a few ideas that might make this a tad better. What about an item to open the forums such as a book or something rather than having to type [viewforums? Could possably add an admin functions stone to it later with some customization options in it too. Anyhow just a couple things that came to mind when I saw this.

Jeff

Lord
evil lord kirby said:
I have a few ideas that might make this a tad better. What about an item to open the forums such as a book or something rather than having to type [viewforums? Could possably add an admin functions stone to it later with some customization options in it too. Anyhow just a couple things that came to mind when I saw this.
Great idea about the book, but as far as the admin functions, can you name a few things that you would want? I can't think of many things that would be useful enough to put on the stone.

Joeku

Lord
Maybe you could set a minimum/maximum character limit on posts. There could also be preset moderators (GM+) or you could make it so that the admin hand-sets the forum moderators.

Joeku

Lord
Like... on the RunUO forums, you have to have a minimum of 10 characters and a maximum of 10000 characters to post a message. You could do the same with this, to prevent spam.

Another idea: enable an auto-cleanup to delete topics more than ____ days old.

1 thing id like to see is a cuss word blocker or something that asterics it out. mainly for shards with younger peeps on it.

p.s. nice work and thx for sharing your work.

Jeff

Lord
Planetary_myth said:
1 thing id like to see is a cuss word blocker or something that asterics it out. mainly for shards with younger peeps on it.

p.s. nice work and thx for sharing your work.

That will be done for sure in RunUO 2.0, reason I wont do it now is this.

Their is a algorithm called Boyer-Moore, it allows you to search string in a very quick and convenient way. Instead of writing this algorithm out, it is already built into .Net 2.0 under String.Contains(). Soon as RunUO 2.0 is released I can implement it.

Thanks for the suggestion tho. :)

Seven

Sorceror
Hmm... I was wondering if there was a way to unsticky threads? When I updated to your newest version if stickied all the exsisting threads. :)

If not they are easily deletable..

Jeff

Lord
Seven said:
Hmm... I was wondering if there was a way to unsticky threads? When I updated to your newest version if stickied all the exsisting threads. :)

If not they are easily deletable..
Ah, damn, well what happened was I hadnt been saving the enum for the threadtype, now that I am, it automatically made everything a sticky. Bummer, I will see if I can put something in the next release. Otherwise if you dont want to wait just delete them :) Sorry hehe.