RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

seanandre

Sorceror
I've been using this system since it first came out, and I'm not getting any crashes. You might try downloading and installing the latest version from the first post.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say you might be trying to post something larger than the system can handle.

stu

Wanderer
A player has made a post with a character and then deleted that character. There currently isnt a known fix to my knowledge........

mehla

Sorceror
seanandre said:
I've been using this system since it first came out, and I'm not getting any crashes. You might try downloading and installing the latest version from the first post.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say you might be trying to post something larger than the system can handle.

That's nice that it is working for you, however that does not help my current issue. From what I understand, a player on my server had a macro running that closes gumps. When he manually opened the gump for the forums (not realizing that his macro was still runnning) his macro immediately closed the forum gump, and it was at that split second that the server crashed and generated that report. I am not saying that is what caused the issue, however, the server has crashed twice so far and generated the same exact report.

stu said:
A player has made a post with a character and then deleted that character. There currently isnt a known fix to my knowledge........

Interesting, I am going to test this theory tonight and will post my results.

Jeff

Lord
mehla said:
That's nice that it is working for you, however that does not help my current issue. From what I understand, a player on my server had a macro running that closes gumps. When he manually opened the gump for the forums (not realizing that his macro was still runnning) his macro immediately closed the forum gump, and it was at that split second that the server crashed and generated that report. I am not saying that is what caused the issue, however, the server has crashed twice so far and generated the same exact report.

Interesting, I am going to test this theory tonight and will post my results.

Why not crash it again in debug mode if its that easy to crash, at least then i can get a debug report. Also i will be remaking this with generics next release for runuo 2.0, much more stable and easier to find invalid cast types at compile time. Untill then i will not be supporting this version much, accept in maybe the case of this last problem.

mehla

Sorceror
I have completely re-installed this, but the gump still says 1.3.5.... Do you forget to change the verion number or am I doing something wrong? (probably the latter....)

Jeff

Lord
mehla said:
I have completely re-installed this, but the gump still says 1.3.5.... Do you forget to change the verion number or am I doing something wrong? (probably the latter....)
nah i tihnk i forgot to change that :)

Dave1969

Wanderer
Tried to view a thread and it crashed the server. Heres the error

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Forums.ThreadEntry.GetThreadInfo()
at Server.Forums.ThreadGump..ctor(Mobile pm, ThreadEntry te)
at Server.Forums.ForumGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)