RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

Evil Jason

Sorceror
Crash

I love these forums, but i had an issue arise.

when a post was clicked on that was placed by a character that has been deleted, the server crashes.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Forums.ThreadGump..ctor(Mobile pm, ThreadEntry te)
   at Server.Forums.ForumGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I thought you should know.

~Jason

Jeff

Lord
Evil Jason said:
I love these forums, but i had an issue arise.

when a post was clicked on that was placed by a character that has been deleted, the server crashes.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Forums.ThreadGump..ctor(Mobile pm, ThreadEntry te)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

I thought you should know.

~Jason

Can you please duplicate one more time in debug mode and repost the crash log?

Evil Jason

Sorceror
here ya go

Code:
Exception:
   at Server.Forums.ThreadGump..ctor(Mobile pm, ThreadEntry te) in c:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Custom\Game Forums\Gumps\ThreadGump.cs:line 40
   at Server.Forums.ForumGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info) in c:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\RunUO 1.0\Scripts\Custom\Game Forums\Gumps\ForumGump.cs:line 169

My suggestion (and it is only a suggestion) would be to see if its possible to either Assign the authors' name by a different method, OR have the system delete a thread or call it "author unknown" if it is opened and the author has been deleted.

~Jason

error

im gettinga error with threadgump

error is

Scripts Custom forums gumps threadgump.cs line 40 column 38 cannot implicitlu convert type string to bool

Evil Jason

Sorceror
Seems Good.

Ill keep an eye out and see if any other oddball bugs pop up.. I really like these forums tho. :)

~Jason

Jeff

Lord
Evil Jason said:
Ill keep an eye out and see if any other oddball bugs pop up.. I really like these forums tho. :)

~Jason
Thanks for the feedback, always nice to hear ppl are enjoying the things i create, and please and bug big or small let me know, i try to fix these things asap :)

Hi Sorious, great job on this!

Sorry if this has been asked or said before but do you plan on including different forum sections instead of all the posts being in one part!?
Would be great to be able to split up the forums like we have on Runuo here, so that posts can then be categorized (maybe even a staff only section, not just staff only posts?).

Let me know what you think :D

Thanks
tobyjug

S

Savaal

Hey, this isn't a big fix but in your "ForumBulletinboard.cs"

you should add this.

Code:
    [Flipable( 0x1E5E, 0x1E5F )]
    public class ForumBulletinBoard : Item
    {

Because it's not flipable. ;)

Jeff

Lord
Savaal said:
Hey, this isn't a big fix but in your "ForumBulletinboard.cs"

you should add this.

Code:
    [Flipable( 0x1E5E, 0x1E5F )]
    public class ForumBulletinBoard : Item
    {

Because it's not flipable. ;)
Ya i coulda done that along time ago, but i that woulda required A. me to look up those values, or B. log into uo and look up those values, I havent logged into UO for about 3 months and dont plan to, and im lazy, thanks :)

seanandre

Sorceror
Just wanted to let you know that I installed the update for this system to v1.3.6, but when I open the forum board it still shows v1.3.5.

Lembirt

Wanderer
Guild Forums

I haven't looked at the code so i don't know if this is in anyway possible. But here's my suggestion anyways (sorry if it has been suggested before btw)..

It would be pretty cool of guild stones had a forum for all guild members to post on. Maybe a button to the forums from guild stone gump. The guild leader would of course be the forum admin, and maybe he could give moderator positions to other guild members. :)

Jeff

Lord
Lembirt said:
I haven't looked at the code so i don't know if this is in anyway possible. But here's my suggestion anyways (sorry if it has been suggested before btw)..

It would be pretty cool of guild stones had a forum for all guild members to post on. Maybe a button to the forums from guild stone gump. The guild leader would of course be the forum admin, and maybe he could give moderator positions to other guild members. :)
Ya i had plans to come up with maybe personal craftable books but never got around to it. If I have time between my current project and the next i will try to implement that for you :)

seanandre

Sorceror
IDEA:

A way to edit existing posts might be nice, although I don't know how it would work for LONG posts, but the short post edit would be great.

mehla

Sorceror
Possible bug?

My server crashed a couple times since installing this script. I 'think' it is related to this script, please see crash report below:

Code:
Error:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negativ
e and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketRe
ader pvSrc)
Crash: Backing up...done
Crash: Generating report...done
Crash: Restarting...done
Warning:
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
   at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
   at Server.TimerThread.TimerMain()

Any ideas?