RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

S

Savaal

Sorious OMFG Thanks for the SCRIPT you HONESTLY DESERVE IT! When I read about your Planned Improvments I nearley jumped for joy in my chair. I love Message Boards and this script rocks this is Exactly what I needed... i'm gonna use this proudly in my server.

Thanks for sharing dude.

BTW - Just and IDEA for your forums like you requested is it possible for you to make links actually link and open your browser?

Jeff

Lord
Savaal said:
Sorious OMFG Thanks for the SCRIPT you HONESTLY DESERVE IT! When I read about your Planned Improvments I nearley jumped for joy in my chair. I love Message Boards and this script rocks this is Exactly what I needed... i'm gonna use this proudly in my server.

Thanks for sharing dude.

BTW - Just and IDEA for your forums like you requested is it possible for you to make links actually link and open your browser?
No idea, but i will test that out.

Dono how this happned, but i haven't had any crashes or anything yet, so I guess its not a huge issue, however I got -1 views on one of my treads. *shrugs*

Attachments

• views.JPG
    views.JPG
    6.8 KB · Views: 36

Viago

Knight
S, ever thinkabout making a php version? that in game it preduces php or something (not knowladgeable in php) and people can read it via internet. if the runuo server and webserver are on same computer? maybe even vice versa , reading off certain files? anyways, awsome script.

works good for merchents, house selling, pet selling, craft selling, ext. not everyone visits the web forums yaknow! GG man!!

i owe you a hooker threesome! :p

Ok I did finally have a crash with this. Dono how it happned, person that caused it, isn't always on for me to contact. Next time I see him I'll try and figure out what happned. But my bet would be it has something to do with the -1 views. I talked about.

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Forums.ThreadGump..ctor(Mobile pm, ThreadEntry te)
at Server.Forums.ForumGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

DevXLX

Sorceror
In which script can I alter the colors you use for the various post types Sorious? :)

Sticky, Announce and normal.

/

How do you remove an entry with out deelting it ingame? what file do the entries save to? If I can manually delete my -1 post I can probably fix my crash issue, but anytime someone opens it ingame it crashes so I can't delete it that way.

Jeff

Lord
MetallicSomber said:
How do you remove an entry with out deelting it ingame? what file do the entries save to? If I can manually delete my -1 post I can probably fix my crash issue, but anytime someone opens it ingame it crashes so I can't delete it that way.
/Data/Forums, you can only delete the entire thing, If its very important to keep the other posts pm me and ill try and write a program that will read the file and repair whats wrong... otherwise just delete the files under that folder and start over.

If you have any info as to why it got messed up in the 1st place please let me know so i can make sure this doesnt happen to anyone else.

THanks

r5boys

Wanderer
Crash Problem

I am having a crash problem, there is a sticky thread if a staff member opens the Thread it crashes the shard. ?! what do i do???:eek:

Morxeton

Sorceror
r5boys said:
I am having a crash problem, there is a sticky thread if a staff member opens the Thread it crashes the shard. ?! what do i do???:eek:
Run your shard in debug mode and post the crash log here. To run in debug mode, you must use the command line argument: -debug

Jeff

Lord
r5boys said:
Ya do what Morxeton said, without that crash log i cant fix it. :(

I'm not sure what caused my problem. I would like to know how to edit the files though, But its not a huge issue, Mostly the other two where weekly news for this year, and latest news, nothing huge. jsut alot of typeing :( Only reason Id be concerned is it happneing again after I repost them again.

Jeff

Lord
MetallicSomber said:
I'm not sure what caused my problem. I would like to know how to edit the files though, But its not a huge issue, Mostly the other two where weekly news for this year, and latest news, nothing huge. jsut alot of typeing :( Only reason Id be concerned is it happneing again after I repost them again.
If your getting crash problems, i need to see debug crash reports. without those its very diffucult to find the issue.

As for editing the files, there isnt a way to do that. I will see if I can come up with a seperate program that can be like a forum manager outside of the game. Something so you can maintain the forum outside of runuo or uo itself.

as for this

MetallicSomber said:
Mostly the other two where weekly news for this year, and latest news, nothing huge. jsut alot of typeing :( Only reason Id be concerned is it happneing again after I repost them again.
I have no idea what you are talking about :/

Jeff

Lord
Jasmin Rain said:
Would you recommend this for a public shard yet? :)
Hmm, Yes, considering it has been running on my server for quite some time. The last bug i just fixed just crashed my server but was easily fixed.