RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

Jeff

Lord
Ok, profiles are limited to 256 max chars also, so thats out of the question. Grr, well might end up with not being able to post more then 256 chars period.... Still working on a solution

Jeff

Lord
Ok, forget it, you guys are stuck with max post chars of 256. I am out of ideas, Anyone gets any great ideas about it, or can show me some example code on how to work around this i would appreciate it, untill then its not gonna be done :(

Got an idea. I was looking at the chat feature in game and input alot of chars in it to see if it maxed there and it doesnt. Now I dont know what is used in the script or if its all client side but did look in the docs in the server folder and found Server.Engines.Chat which might help.

Sorry I lack the knowledge to give more help but thought this might help solve your problem with the chars.

Dave1969

Wanderer
Sorious how would i go about changing the gump background?

At the moment the see thru background makes it hard to read the text. How can i make it so each gump page is all gray stone color like the boarders?

Jeff

Lord
Dave1969 said:
At the moment the see thru background makes it hard to read the text. How can i make it so each gump page is all gray stone color like the boarders?
Go into each gump and comment out AddAlphaRegion, i seem to have no problem with reading the text, but thats ok :)

bacaw

Sorceror
Sorious said:
Ok, forget it, you guys are stuck with max post chars of 256. I am out of ideas, Anyone gets any great ideas about it, or can show me some example code on how to work around this i would appreciate it, untill then its not gonna be done :(
i havent tried this out yet but if they want to extend beyonf 256 chars why not give them the option of a second HTML?

Jeff

Lord
bacaw said:
i havent tried this out yet but if they want to extend beyonf 256 chars why not give them the option of a second HTML?
its not html its textentry, and yes i could buffer it but i'm trying all other efforts to avoid that :)

Seven

Sorceror
Hey Sorious,
I just wanted to give you an update. I noticed on some of my threads that it will accidently erase text in one thread and copy it from that users newest thread.

Someone had a old topic on there about one of the websites they made. They then later sometime around today made another topic about needing help with monsters. Now both topics have the same text. @.@

I havn't looked fully into why it would do that yet... still seeing if I can re-create the problem.

But just to let you know what I saw today :p

Jeff

Lord
Seven said:
Hey Sorious,
I just wanted to give you an update. I noticed on some of my threads that it will accidently erase text in one thread and copy it from that users newest thread.

Someone had a old topic on there about one of the websites they made. They then later sometime around today made another topic about needing help with monsters. Now both topics have the same text. @.@

I havn't looked fully into why it would do that yet... still seeing if I can re-create the problem.

But just to let you know what I saw today :p
Ok, thanks for the update, I'm looking into rewriting the way day is stored, thus you will have to wipe your current forum, but it will be more efficient.

Jeff

Lord
1.3.0 is out, Please read the message in red where the information about the update is at on the 1st post. Thanks.

Nam01

Wanderer
good work

i did .sig file since you released it works great for me and no problems.

again as i stated before good work and thank you for sharing

Nam

Jeff

Lord
Nam01 said:
i did .sig file since you released it works great for me and no problems.

again as i stated before good work and thank you for sharing

Nam
Hmm, i suggest you delete it, the system would have loaded but all your settings would have been wiped. Also it may mess your post count up. If its up now, and you have saved, I guess there is nothign to worry about.

Bart.

Wanderer
Hello,

Initially I make a point of thanking Sorious for this marvellous script:).

Then I would like to bring a small suggestion in order to improve this script...

It would be cool to see the list of the players connected in the same way that on forums (PHP),As well as an option which would make it possible to send private messages.

In waiting of an answer...

In a friendly way Bart Amara

Jeff

Lord
Bart. said:
Hello,

Initially I make a point of thanking Sorious for this marvellous script:).

Then I would like to bring a small suggestion in order to improve this script...

It would be cool to see the list of the players connected in the same way that on forums (PHP),As well as an option which would make it possible to send private messages.

In waiting of an answer...

Hmm, dunno about the player listing thing, I could do, maybe who is online, but i dunno about who is viewing. PM idea sounds great tho :)

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
hi, just had a play about with the forums and i've got to say that they are a great work. one thing i woud say tho is could you add a close button when your viewing the thread because i know myself that i personally wearn't sure what woud happern if i right clicked the gump, whether is was going to dissapear or not. . .

thanks

Kieran

Bart.

Wanderer
Sorious said:
Hmm, dunno about the player listing thing, I could do, maybe who is online, but i dunno about who is viewing

I think just that that would give a key of fun... And as it is a forum. ;)

And then personally that would avoid to me doing one "
[ online" for my future players (server in creation)