RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorious' In-game Forums

Jeff

Lord
Bart. said:
I think just that that would give a key of fun... And as it is a forum. ;)

And then personally that would avoid to me doing one "
[ online" for my future players (server in creation)

In a friendly way Bart Amara
I could, maybe i will put in a option for it. It would be easy to get a count of those that are online, but it would suck to make a count of everyone looking at the forums

Bart.

Wanderer
Sorious said:
but it would suck to make a count of everyone looking at the forums

I think that we can consider that all the players who are connected as registered on the forum and whom thus they must appear in the list:D

[ I has just noticed that it missed an edit button to edit the post (by the moderators only), that would be well to see it appearing in the next update:) ]

In a friendly way Bart Amara

Jeff

Lord
evil lord kirby said:
No attachment? Will it be re-uploaded later or something? I was going to grab the latest version but it wasnt there.
Sorry didnt notice i rar'd it and this forum doesnt accept rar's :( Its up now

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
Swerve_jnr said:
hi, just had a play about with the forums and i've got to say that they are a great work. one thing i woud say tho is could you add a close button when your viewing the thread because i know myself that i personally wearn't sure what woud happern if i right clicked the gump, whether is was going to dissapear or not. . .

thanks

Kieran

i guess you missed that ^^^^^^^^ :p

hehehe

thx

Kieran

Jeff

Lord
evil lord kirby said:
Just got the latest version :)

Ever find a fix for the max number of characters players can enter?
yes on the post page you can hit Long Post and follow the directions :)

Swerve_jnr

Wanderer
cool thanx sorious, that'll make me happy, that close button :) not exactly as anyone wil want to close such a great work! well done

Glamour

Wanderer
in admin stone when i search some account my server crashed.i wrote a word or i didnt wrote anything when i click the button server crashed.i add the crash log.please help

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 26.01.2006 02:14:00
Mobiles: 29074
Items: 159004
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = uoadmin) (mobile = 0x1 'Odhinn')

Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Server.Forums.AccountSearch.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Jeff

Lord
Glamour said:
in admin stone when i search some account my server crashed.i wrote a word or i didnt wrote anything when i click the button server crashed.i add the crash log.please help

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 26.01.2006 02:14:00
Mobiles: 29074
Items: 159004
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = uoadmin) (mobile = 0x1 'Odhinn')

Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Server.Forums.AccountSearch.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Update 1.3.3
-Fixed a bug in the account management section.
-Added a Close button to the Thread Gump.
-Some other minor fixes

Seven

Sorceror
Just updated to the latest version but it isn't doing the posts correctly. Here is what it looks like after I did "LONG POST"

Code:
Subject:
In-Game Forum Upgrades
Author: Seven
Seven
Posts 1, Join Date: 1/25/2006
----------------------------------------------

viewing the forum. You will also be able to see your join date, post count, and soon you will even be able to have signatures. Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------

It removed most of my post! :(

Jeff

Lord
Seven said:
Just updated to the latest version but it isn't doing the posts correctly. Here is what it looks like after I did "LONG POST"

Code:
Subject:
In-Game Forum Upgrades
Author: Seven
Seven
Posts 1, Join Date: 1/25/2006
----------------------------------------------

viewing the forum. You will also be able to see your join date, post count, and soon you will even be able to have signatures. Enjoy!

It removed most of my post! :(
Well for one, can you explain how you did that post? Cause in testing it wrapped the post the way it should have.

Second, I know i said this was a test release on the 1st post, I also appreciate you running this on your server. But, when you update please read the release information on the 1st post as it does say this
Update 1.3.0
You will need to delete all data in /Data/Forums to use this version on. Sorry but i did state this was not ready for release on anything but a test server.

The reason i had to do this was cause i originally created the post within the thread just as a string, this was fine until i wanted to track posts and post counts and such. I had to introduce 2 new classes, AuthorStatistics and PostEntry, The PostEntry holds the post, who posted it, and some other information. It is then stored in a Array inside the ThreadEntry itself. When you click a Thread it simply FIFO builds the Thread from the array if PostEntrys, and for each PostEntry, grabs the correct AuthorStatistic for that post.

Since Originally I had simply been saving the original posts to a text file and each time someone added a new posts I just appended it to the text file.

I am sorry that you lost your posts, but they should be in /Data/Forums/<char name>

Please check into how you write the long post so that I can try and fix it.

Thanks Sorious.

Seven

Sorceror
Sorious said:
Well for one, can you explain how you did that post? Cause in testing it wrapped the post the way it should have.

Second, I know i said this was a test release on the 1st post, I also appreciate you running this on your server. But, when you update please read the release information on the 1st post as it does say this
Update 1.3.0
You will need to delete all data in /Data/Forums to use this version on. Sorry but i did state this was not ready for release on anything but a test server.

The reason i had to do this was cause i originally created the post within the thread just as a string, this was fine until i wanted to track posts and post counts and such. I had to introduce 2 new classes, AuthorStatistics and PostEntry, The PostEntry holds the post, who posted it, and some other information. It is then stored in a Array inside the ThreadEntry itself. When you click a Thread it simply FIFO builds the Thread from the array if PostEntrys, and for each PostEntry, grabs the correct AuthorStatistic for that post.

Since Originally I had simply been saving the original posts to a text file and each time someone added a new posts I just appended it to the text file.

I am sorry that you lost your posts, but they should be in /Data/Forums/<char name>

Please check into how you write the long post so that I can try and fix it.

Thanks Sorious.

Yes I wiped everything in data/forums. I did it exactly how long post told me to do it.

I believe I found the problem but give me a moment.

I have figured out the problem. Some users might get confused when they are typing their message in the TEXT BOX and run out of space so they click the "long post" function without KNOWING that their text in the TEXT BOX will not be displayed. Thus why my first part of the message is gone because it was in the text box.

I already have had multiple users get confused with the text box not adding to the message with long post.

I think you read part of my message wrong because I wasn't concerned about getting rid of the posts. I already had told my users old posts were deleted because of the update. :)

I was just giving you info on how maby you should fix it so that if they typed a message already in the text box it gets added before "LONG POST" and maby change long post to "Continue Message" or something like that... Unless this way isn't possible, which I believe it should be possible to do.

Jeff

Lord
Seven said:
Yes I wiped everything in data/forums. I did it exactly how long post told me to do it.

I believe I found the problem but give me a moment.

I have figured out the problem. Some users might get confused when they are typing their message in the TEXT BOX and run out of space so they click the "long post" function without KNOWING that their text in the TEXT BOX will not be displayed. Thus why my first part of the message is gone because it was in the text box.

I already have had multiple users get confused with the text box not adding to the message with long post.

I think you read part of my message wrong because I wasn't concerned about getting rid of the posts. I already had told my users old posts were deleted because of the update. :)

I was just giving you info on how maby you should fix it so that if they typed a message already in the text box it gets added before "LONG POST" and maby change long post to "Continue Message" or something like that... Unless this way isn't possible, which I believe it should be possible to do.
Ok, i didnt event think of that, if anything is in the regular entry spot ill just tag it to the begining of the post then, that should do the trick.*makes mental note* ill see if I can get that fix out tomorrow its late and i gotta wake up in 5 hours not to mention get to sleep at some point :)

I did read your post wrong, i see it now, I was thinking that it was running the text off to the right without wordwrapping it like it is in you
Code:
 section :)  sorry for the confusion.

Seven

Sorceror
Sorious said:
Ok, i didnt event think of that, if anything is in the regular entry spot ill just tag it to the begining of the post then, that should do the trick.*makes mental note* ill see if I can get that fix out tomorrow its late and i gotta wake up in 5 hours not to mention get to sleep at some point :)

I did read your post wrong, i see it now, I was thinking that it was running the text off to the right without wordwrapping it like it is in you
Code:
 section :)  sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE]

No problem. :)

Atlas

Wanderer
Case for user searches

It seems that user searches are case sensitive is there anyway to alter that so case does not matter?