RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting v2.2

Spellcrafting v2.2

Summary:
Craft system that allows players to craft magics and apply them to armors, weapons, shields and jewelry.

Description:
Similiar to the DAoC craft system but modified for Ultima Online. Players can collect spellcraft jewels and add them to their Book of Spellcrafts. Those proficient in Alchemy and Inscribing magics can conjure magics and affix them to items to allow greater selection in armor strengths and weaknesses. However, the magics are not always stable and backfire, taking that precious item with it and leaving a nasty burn on the crafter...

Installation:
Unzip and install in your customs folder. READ THE README FILE. IT HAS IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Attachments

• spellcrafting.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 4,863

crabby654

Wanderer
awsome script. I have a question tho. Say im a spellcrafter, can i put every single weapon jewel on one weapon? or if i put the same one on again and again will it build up?

crabby654 said:
awsome script. I have a question tho. Say im a spellcrafter, can i put every single weapon jewel on one weapon? or if i put the same one on again and again will it build up?

Check the readme file. It should answer most of your questions.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Coolness. I've been using your spellcrafting for a while now, what are the differences between version 2.1 and 2.2?

Also is it possible to make it to where players have a limit on the resistance that can add to armor?

Ha Ha! Finally I will be able to collect the infinity stone and the Infinity Gauntlet will soon be within my grasp.

Thanks for the script.

Good work.

CD

Spamman2010

Wanderer
What skill is this based on? I didnt see that listed in the readme...

Nevermind im a retard, didnt see it in your description hehe, its too late to be trying to post lol

KillerBeeZ

Knight
public static readonly double ExplodeChance = 0.08; // .35
public static readonly double DestroyChance = 0.03; // .45

just make those in Spellcraft.cs some ungodly low number, like

public static readonly double ExplodeChance = 0.0000000001; // .35
public static readonly double DestroyChance = 0.0000000001; // .45

KillerBeeZ said:
public static readonly double ExplodeChance = 0.08; // .35
public static readonly double DestroyChance = 0.03; // .45

just make those in Spellcraft.cs some ungodly low number, like

public static readonly double ExplodeChance = 0.0000000001; // .35
public static readonly double DestroyChance = 0.0000000001; // .45

or you could make them 0.0

swanni1989

Wanderer
Bless it

How exactly would i script it in so that it is blessed?

And what would i type in CharacterCreation so that they will start the shard with a blessed spellcraftbook?

Tnx a bunch, another thing Give my shard a try Death By Murder ;p

KillerBeeZ

Knight
swanni1989 said:
How exactly would i script it in so that it is blessed?

And what would i type in CharacterCreation so that they will start the shard with a blessed spellcraftbook?

Tnx a bunch, another thing Give my shard a try Death By Murder ;p

In BookofSpellcrafts.cs
add this

LootType = LootType.Blessed;

in this
Code:
		[Constructable]
		public BookOfSpellCrafts() : base( 0x2254 )
		{
			Name = "Book Of SpellCrafts";
			Hue = 0x461;
		}

do this right under Hue

To add the book to starting players go into CharacterCreation.cs

Find this section

Code:
			PackItem( new RedBook( "a book", m.Name, 20, true ) );
			PackItem( new Gold( 1000 ) ); // Starting gold can be customized here
			PackItem( new Dagger() );
			PackItem( new Candle() );

and add this to it (like under the Candle)

PackItem( new BookOfSpellCrafts() );

smoksalot

Wanderer
Stacking

Question;

How do I put a cap on the Resist because if you "say take the spellcraft and add energy then do it again it keeps stacking" I have gone all 100+ resist with a 35 % chance breakage but I dont mind the stacking I would like it to stop at say 25 or something.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
smoksalot said:
Question;

How do I put a cap on the Resist because if you "say take the spellcraft and add energy then do it again it keeps stacking" I have gone all 100+ resist with a 35 % chance breakage but I dont mind the stacking I would like it to stop at say 25 or something.

I would like this as well, though I wouldn't limit the max you can have at such a low number, I would make it more like the way luck works and have it go up or down, depending on skill.

This has been a problem on my shard for a while, and I have asked this before multiple times (once here and a few times before the forum wipe) so don't be suprised if it goes unanswered.

KillerBeeZ said:
Coolness. I've been using your spellcrafting for a while now, what are the differences between version 2.1 and 2.2?

Also is it possible to make it to where players have a limit on the resistance that can add to armor?

smoksalot

Wanderer
Bummer I been trying to get this for a few days now and still no go well hopefully someone will know how sooner or later :)
It;s almost as if you need to add a checkresist somewhere in there but just trying to figure out where.