RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting v2.2

Inanna

Wanderer
SpellCrafting Suggestion

Why not increase Alchemy and Inscription when you successfully enhance an item. The way I figure, you are using both of those skills so it SHOULD increase a small percentage anyway.

The other side of this idea is to increase Alchemy and Inscription if the enhancement FAILS. This way a person does gain something for their investment.

Inanna

Wanderer
Lightning random %?

NEW INFO
I discovered that my Inscription was at 99.8 and because of that I was getting 2% Lightning each time. Now that Im GM in both I get random values between 3% and 50%
END NEW INFO

I've been looking at the programming for lightning (thus all other attack add-ons) and Im trying to figure out exactly why a person with GM Alchemy and GM Inscription would get 2% lightning most of the time? I have enhanced a Double Axe with Dragon Slaying 7 times and always get 2%.

Here is what I have surmised to-date:

Lightning.cs
Code:
int scalar = (int)( (from.Skills[SkillName.Inscribe].Value + from.Skills[SkillName.Alchemy].Value) / 200.0 );

SpellCraft.ApplyAttribute( ((BaseWeapon)target).WeaponAttributes, 20 * scalar, 100 * scalar, AosWeaponAttribute.HitLightning, Minimum, Maximum, 2 );

The above section sets "scalar" to your overall % success chance. (RIGHT?) Then the main spellcraft script is called to add the lightning attribute to the item. This is where it gets a little fuzzy for me to follow.

Spellcraft.cs
Code:
public static int Scale( int min, int max, int low, int high )
{
return low + AOS.Scale( high-low, Utility.RandomMinMax( min, max ) );
}

This above section of the spellcraft.cs determines the amount to add based on two things. First "LOW" is a value passed by Lightning.cs that determines the smallest value possible to add. To "LOW" is added a random number between the High and the lowest amounts.

Lets say for the example a Double Axe adding lightning with both skills at GM that the low is "2" (standard for lightning) and the max based on skill is 50. You should get a random number in the range of 3-50 added to lightning.

As far as I know there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this straight forward script. The problem of course is the fact that no matter how many times I enhance my double axe I get 2%.

Here is the Bitch!
Other people on my shard have been able to add lightning to items without any problems and there ranges have varried from 9% to 39% so far and they have never gotten 2%. This proves that the script is working for some items and not others.

and HERE is the Question!
If the % of lightning depends on what attributes already exist on the item (Dragon Slaying), where is the function called that checks the items existing attributes?

eyedatgirl

Sorceror
Spellcrafting jewel names gone MIA

Sending this message for the owner of our shard. We have a newb admin that knows what he is doing to a degree. (A very small one!) He has been making changes on our shard with various spawns and setting up quests. Since he has been admin we have noticed that the names for the spellcrafting jewels on the spellcrafting vendor have changed. (The other admin think he has had something to do with this change.) The jewels are listed in the spellcrafting vendor as diamonds- no names. None of the scripting has changed so we have no clue why this has happened. They have tried deleting the vendor and changed the spawner but he still comes back with "diamonds" instead of named spellcrafting jewels. There are other items that have changed as well one being that the house placement tool went back to being a spyglass. It seems that the modifications in the scritping are no longer working in the name area of the script? Do you recommend that the shard owner reinstall the script? Or is there another way to fix this problem? We just need some clue on how this may have happened so that we can keep it from happening again. Thanks for the help guys!! You are awesome.

eyedatgirl

Sorceror
KillerBeeZ said:
yup... blame OSI

Errmmm, real cute OSI. We have had similar probs with OSI reusing ID's for items we have added to the shard so they are now invisible. (The ridable drakes and polar bears for one)

Hmm, wonder if they are tring to make it harder on us freebie shards? lol Thanks for the info you guys, I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly!!!

KillerBeeZ

Knight
eyedatgirl said:
Errmmm, real cute OSI. We have had similar probs with OSI reusing ID's for items we have added to the shard so they are now invisible. (The ridable drakes and polar bears for one)

Hmm, wonder if they are tring to make it harder on us freebie shards? lol Thanks for the info you guys, I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly!!!

no, they are not "trying" to make it harder on free shards, its more to the tune of they don't care.

They might have done this thing with the vendors and packets with free shards in mind tho, but they have to know that even reworking the code will not stop us. just a matter of time for a fix.

Since osi has no ridable drakes, its just an open slot to them.

Vidi

Page
Two things:

1) A temp fix for the vendor situation is to place the items in question onto a player run vendor type as opposed to a menued vendor. This way players can see what they are buying until the fix is released by RunUO ( Hopefully in RC2 )

2) I would like to add spellcraft gems to my lootpack.cs so that they drop on high end creatures, but I have been unsuccessful thus far. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Vidi

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
changing it so the armor resist have a max attribute slot?

yes in my shard we have some spellcrafters....and i have being testing this for while now, i have some players doing braces with like 500 dmg inc, and mad fc fcr or reg mana and major armor resist, any way i can stop this? or any idea why its happening, i do know the armor resist dosent have any maxaallowprops or attributes any way i can add that? like to add only 5 attributes to armor resist?

haazen

Sorceror
I have not seen some of the items you mention but to fix the problem with FC and stacking resists, open spellcraft.cs, search for '+=' and change it to just '='. There are 6 occurences of += in the script. One for FC and 5 for the resists. Changing to just = will stop the stacking.

Trivial

Sorceror
Hey Outkast is me from Demise, the one who complained about Audi- speedhackin....well how can i make it so once a sepllcraft is used on an item the same spellcraft cant be used again?

So I have noticed that the jewles are not displaying correctly on the vendor and was hoping you might be comming out wiht an update on this for the new runuo release?

KillerBeeZ

Knight
SphericalSolaris said:
So I have noticed that the jewles are not displaying correctly on the vendor and was hoping you might be comming out wiht an update on this for the new runuo release?

they do show up on the latest RunUO I think

this is not a bug with this system its a nasty little thing OSI did

there is a way around it but its borderline illegal I believe... and that is to include an older client (like 4.0.4b) in with your shard patch.. or just get the newer RunUO I think that displays things just fine... but could be wrong.

nerun

Sorceror
bug fix

Ok, this is a suggestion to fix a bug:

These lines in SBSpellCrafter will not work properly:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Strength Bonus Craft", typeof( BonusStrJewel ), 15000, 5, 0xF26, 0 ) );

The name "Strenght Bonus Craft" will not appear in the list of the spellcrafter, instead will appear "Spellcraft Jewel" for ALL the jewels then the player can not know what jewel he bought.

But if you edit each jewel script adding a line like that:
Code:
[Constructable]
public BonusStrJewel() : this( 1 )
{
	Name = "Jewel of Strenght";
}
to BonusStrJewel.cs in Spellcrafting items, the name Jewel of Strenght will appear in the vendors list.

very nice script this spellcrafting system, good work.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
nerun said:
These lines in SBSpellCrafter will not work properly:
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( "Strength Bonus Craft", typeof( BonusStrJewel ), 15000, 5, 0xF26, 0 ) );

it always worked just fine for me

Manix

Wanderer
Need Help

How do I make it so that even if the character fails, one or two of the jewels are still used up. Right now, when the character fails, the jewels still stay.

And how can I make it so it uses more jewels than just one at a time for a successful attempt?

Your Friend, Manix

X

Xanthos

I believe that the original developer of the Spellcrafting system is no longer supporting this. I have made a number of changes to the code which can be found here.