RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting v2.2

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Talantalas said:
when i try to put a weapon craft on a weapon it says :The energy contained inside the jewel violently erupts but the item stays intact...How can i craft a jewel inside a weapon

1 - you always have a chance to get that message, thats by design, you are doing it right

2 - the jewels dont go in the weapon per se

just keep trying, if you don't break the weapon, youll eventually get it

the chance to break the item and the chance to blow up the jewel are hard coded and do not depend on skill.

Limitmaker

Wanderer
It keeps telling me that I don't have enough jewels

I click on the book that has all the spells, click on a sword and it either blows up or tells me I don't have enough jewels.

I bought like 30 jewels from the vendor of the same spellcraft and it still does not work.

Help Please Thank you.

Halciet

Sorceror
The jewels with spells on them are only used for putting crafts in your book. You use blank magic jewels when you add properties to an item.

-Hal

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Limitmaker said:
what is the magic jewel?

I think the magic jewels need to be renamed because they have caused a lot of confusion

1) there are jewels with abilities, such as the spellchanneling or the mage armor jewel

2) there are blank magic jewels (yellow square looking things) that you can find on Guardians of the Magics, or useing [add magicjewel

You need the 1st jewel in the book, the 2nd jewel in your pack.

You use the 2nd type of jewel every time you use spellcrafting.

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
Karmageddon said:
Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for the resist stacking on armor???

Seems the support for this script all but vanished. havent seen anything else for what , like a week or two now.

Anyway, i have the max alloweable limits set, and it still allowes stacking on FastCast, is there a way to cut the Stacking or not?

Jarrod

Sorceror
I actually had the values not stacking on most items, with a cap on each one, i.e. on FC and FCR. where it adds the value to the item, check the items value first, if higher than (yourdesiredmaxcaphere) then stack to max, if its already at max, then ignore.

If i install the script again sometime, Ill post more specific information on how to go about doing it.

mosiah

Wanderer
I need a little help getting this to work.
With all skills set to 100 i tried to and strength bouns to a plain ring.
I had 20 strength jewels in my bag, the majority of the time it said:
"You dont have enough jewels to affix this craft magic onto any item"
and i got hit by the explosion about 60 times. I haven't edited anything from the downloaded script, so i'm not sure whats goin on.

Questions:
1. How are the amount of jewels needed calculated?
2. Where would i adjust the succes chance... becasue i tried it about 200 times and got nothing. I tried more then just str bouns too... luck, SC, SelfRepair

I think this is great idea for a script...i just need a little help getting it up and running.

Halciet

Sorceror
I just answered the first part of your question 8 posts above yours. The specific jewels are only used to add the spellcraft to your book. To actually APPLY the spellcraft, you have to have a blank "magic jewel" in your pack and click the button in your book. Keep in mind that certain attributes, like bonus stats, can only be applied to jewelry and such.

public static readonly double ExplodeChance = .35
public static readonly double DestroyChance = .45

Those two variables at the top of Spellcraft.cs determine the explode/destroy rates. Right now they're set to 35 and 45%, respectively (meaning you have a 65% chance of succeeding, a 35% chance of failing, and if you fail, there's a 45% chance you'll break the item).

-Hal

LadyLaurel

Wanderer
Hi, I just put this into our shard and when I fail it doesnt use up the magicjewel, I was wondering if this is by design? Also, if it is by design, is there anyway to make it where it consumes the jewel on failures?

Just wanted to let you know, not only do I use this system, I have based my server's ongoing fiction on the Spellcrafting system!

In short, the Guardians of the Magics have taken over Moonglow in Tram and now have spread to the entire Moonglow island and to three buildings by the Vesper Docks in Tram!!

They are building a "gate system" in the realm that is helping them take over even more land. The only way to get spellcrafting on my shard is by killing the Guardians and getting the magic items from them.

It is working well, thanks for this great system!!

Abaddon Knight

LadyLaurel said:
Hi, I just put this into our shard and when I fail it doesnt use up the magicjewel, I was wondering if this is by design? Also, if it is by design, is there anyway to make it where it consumes the jewel on failures?

It is designed not the destroy the jewel everytime on failure. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. Look at a few posts up concerning the success failure rate, you can get an idea of what you need to do to make sure it uses the jewel everytime you miss.

Abaddon Knight

KillerBeeZ

Knight
the problem with setting it up to miss on all fails is that it will consume a jewel no matter what, like if you click some other item by mistake (one that cant be spellcrafted) or if you try to use a spell creft on the wrong type, like Luck on a shield or such... that's not very fair to players who are just learning the craft.

It was like this in the early versions of Spellcrafting, it was seen as a bug, and fixed.

The best thing for this system in that regard is to have it based off skill, then if your skill check misses (or even if it doesn't), then consume the jewel, and also give it a chance to blow up. That way, a player can get better at crafting and not have it blow up as much later, but in the beginning skill levels, it can blow up most of the time.

and a few other things...

Also, maybe the number of Jewels required could depend on which craft you are adding. Lots of people on my shard use luck, but not mage armor, so mage armor would take maybe 2 jewels where luck would take 5, or something like that.

However, my main concern is setting the resistances and faster casting so they do not stack. This is very very bad as it allows a player to make Godly items.

Plate mail gloves -
All resists 70
ring -
Faster Casting 10

Thats all they will ever need. The faster casting makes mages way too powerful and the resists allow even mages to have full resists on 1 item.

Spellcrafting, if not properly checked, can completely unbalance a shard.

You have to make it hard to do, hard to get jewels and be sure they can't make items too powerful ... but at the same time, you have to be fair to players. It's a juggling act.

Karmageddon

Sorceror
I actually got it so that FcC and FCR would not stack, but still haven't figured out how to get resists not to stack on armor but I have not played with it too much to find out how.......

If you want to see the script I use let me know...

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Karmageddon said:
I actually got it so that FcC and FCR would not stack, but still haven't figured out how to get resists not to stack on armor but I have not played with it too much to find out how.......

If you want to see the script I use let me know...

yeah I'd like to see. non stacking FC would be cool.

As far as I know FcR doesnt stack

Karmageddon

Sorceror
Sorry guys I was just checking the FC script I have now and it stacks..... I must've lost it when I had to reformat my computer a while back :(

But I know I had a working version of non-stacking FC