RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spellcrafting version 2.3

Greystar

Wanderer
Xanthos said:
The tool idea has merit since it would make the user interface issues simpler. However, I like the idea of a book since it seems more in line with the RP aspects of this ancient craft of magics. From what I have seen, spellcrafting can be a significant boost to the economy of a shard. It's time consuming to fill a book and collect magic jewels and many will gladly pay well for these items.

Maybe I can do a mouse over property on the crafts in a book to show the jewel requirements.

I was also thinking of adding a property to the finished item that would give credit to the crafter. Something like "Enchanted by YourNameHere". Any thoughts on this?

BTW, has anyone caught on to my little candle trick? :)

The Enchanted by (yournamehere) would be a nice addon.

Protius73

Sorceror
Aye im in agreeance with the adding Enchanted by to the list properties...

Candle trick??

And perhaps a menu can be brought up similar to the tinkering menu by simply dbl clicking the book itself.

The book itself would be used to house all the jewels and you will still need to collect all the crafts to be able to use it.

Just would be easier if the gump showed a lil more info and had a more fluid layout.

X

Xanthos

Hold a lit candle in your chars hand and open an incomplete book. ;)

Highlander said:
I just spellcrafted a weapon with:

- Damage increase 25%
- Hit Fireball 32%
- Hit Lighting 16%
- HitColdArea 40%

I have never seen a weapon with two Hit spell atributes (Magic arrow, harm, Fireball, Lighting) is that correct¿?

With a valorite Runic Hammer I just made 25 weapons a none got two of those atributes, maybe weapons should only have one Hit spell atribute.

PD: Two hit spell atributes is way imba.

This was one of the reasons I wrote this system. Runics are capable of being very powerful, but are random and rather low risk. I decided to port a DAOC-esque system to RunUO so that you could get even more powerful weapons, at a much riskier price. After all, you can't have too much power when fighting a dark father can you? ;)

Jadis

Wanderer
I just put this system on my server as is and I want to say thank you. It's a wonderfull system that I am truly looking forward to introducing onto the server in new quests.

Marak

Sorceror
Sweet going to have a crack at implimenting that idea(the min skills), wish me luck :) - and i caught on about the candle but only AFTER reading it in the script lol - i might leave a riddle ingame for the players. Any word on the next release?

:Edit:
Nope thats past my skill level for now, either going ot have to wait for someone to be kind enough to tell me what to do, you to release your next version - or for me to spontaniously turn into a coding genius and have it all make sense... im betting on either option 1 or 2 lol.

X

Xanthos

I have version 2.5 done and am planning on testing it over the next couple of days before releasing it. Changes: magic jewel consumption can be controlled on a per craft basis. The candle trick is used to display the number of jewels used by each craft. Skills are now checked before the craft is applied and the user is informed if their skill does not meet the minimum requirement (currently 50 in both alch and scribe). Fixed a minor scaling bug where it was assumed that alch and scribe caps were 120 instead of 100.

Marak

Sorceror
Oh found something you may want to impliment - a check to see if its in the player's backpack - i have one on display and had a staff member point out that the players can use it while its on the table(locked down) lol - thank god were still beta or id have to hurt some players :p

Protius73

Sorceror
Nice Xanthos nice... i love the candle trick lol gives me so MANY ideas fo quest events and what not ... think the same method will work for in game items? Like only being able to see a Clue on the ground when holding a torch or something??

Ive been testing the Spellcraft system on my test center shard. Works great so far, and no bug reports.

I tweaked down the chances of success a bit. Im making it so those who actually make the attempt and succeed will be revered and wealthy.

I bumped the failures up to .75 and made it so if they fail, they die because of all the explosive energy. My players love the fact its so hard to accomplish.

Thanks again for a great revision you did a fantastic job. :D

X

Xanthos

Thanks im happy its working well for you!

I cant think of how you would acheive the same trick with something on the ground. I have complete control over a gump since only one client can see it. I really dont know how you would make something on the ground visible to only some players.

Thundar

Wanderer
just an idea to maybe add to the book to reduse item count and weight to a players bag is to maybe make it to where the book absorbs the magic jewels that are to be the "regs" into the book and shows the amount u have in one of the corners and when crafting it would check the book to see if there are magic jewels in it before allowing the craft to continue jsut an idea tho :)

X

Xanthos

Thundar said:
just an idea to maybe add to the book to reduse item count and weight to a players bag is to maybe make it to where the book absorbs the magic jewels that are to be the "regs" into the book and shows the amount u have in one of the corners and when crafting it would check the book to see if there are magic jewels in it before allowing the craft to continue jsut an idea tho :)
Thundar I could easily do this and will give it some thought. Anyone else have comments on this feature idea?

Greystar, I dont understand your comment. Are you trying to give credit to A_Li_N for this idea or is there a reason that knowing this will somehow help spellcrafting? Please elaborate...

Thundar

Wanderer
ty Xanthos i play on a shard that uses this script and i think it would be a nice addition and i am not sure what Greystar is talking about

X

Xanthos

Ok, I will put this feature in with a switch to enable/disable it. Thanks for the suggestion Thundar.

X

Xanthos

Updated to version 2.6. Please see the first post for the file and a list of changes.