RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Hold Em Poker

mortenbub

Wanderer
yeah i figured you would want your work shared - and put a sign in your poker room saying "Thank to " whoever" for this great texas hold em script

HellRazor

Knight
trixtA-hybrid;825259 said:
I have it, but won't give it out for free seeing how I wrote it myself, and it's an almost exact replica of Gamers.

Then why did you even bother to post? Either be helpful or stfu.

HellRazor

Knight
trixtA-hybrid;825282 said:
Just saying, I have it, but with all the time and effort put into making it I'm not handing it out free.

So basically, you don't want to help these guys, you just want to brag about something you have that you won't share with them and dangle it in their faces. Or even worse, extort money from them.

What a dick.

mortenbub

Wanderer
im just saying I would give you full credit with a sign right at the poker tables - with a website your email or whatever

You know those post wherepeople tell you they played poker for money or professionally ect.

This isn't one of those but.......

Loading a table. Playing against a loaded table, one where regulars who know each other sending subtle signals and bumping post they know they will lose so a friend can win it. Powering you out of hands with the amount of gold bet. And in real life you at least have the advantage of them not speaking openly , "uh i got the jack and two diamonds so he ain't hitting that flush or boat" ect which goes on the current mess of RUNUO poker games.

While WOWZERS ride whats hot, the poker game is to easy to game, to cheat, to take advantage of the new and less experienced.

BUT BUT BUT YOU HAVE BLOCKS IN GAME........ that do nothing to block Team Speak or Ventrillo. As such I would advise most shards against it.

And once upon a time I truly did make a living off of Poker. I pulled 5% a hand for supplying the cards, the location, and the drinks. So by just folding every hand that wasn't 3 aces on the deal I still gained as long as the game ran. The longer the game the more money in my pocket. Overhead minor when you think of thousands of dollars crossing the table in marathon sessions. Winning isn't the only way to get rich on poker.

smeghead

Wanderer
Calm down everyone, I wish to hell they would release it but they made something awesome and want to keep their shard unique, at least one big unique thing.
Makes people try their shard and not others, I can understand that.

id luvvit tho! ;)

targetofhate

Wanderer
HellRazor;825284 said:
So basically, you don't want to help these guys, you just want to brag about something you have that you won't share with them and dangle it in their faces. Or even worse, extort money from them.

What a dick.

Well if you knew anything about coding and knew the amount of time people put in to their work, you'd think twice about opening your newbie mouth. I am helping these guys by informing them that the code is in fact out there and I am a carrier of it, but since I coded a replica of Gamers, which isn't released for a REASON, I am not going to hand it out free. So if you want it so bad, go pick up C# for Dummies and start reading.

CEO

Sorceror
trixtA-hybrid;825282 said:
Just saying, I have it, but with all the time and effort put into making it I'm not handing it out free.

Seriously, I spent lots and lots of time doing slots, blackjack, and Keno. I bet many many more hours then you, but I released all of them... Why not release yours in return. Look at it as helping the community out!

Again: Please Gamers... I hate re-inventing wheels.. You've had your hold'em for years now. I'm sure you've gotten the use out of it and there's no question your shard(s) have the most players. So Please, I'm askin you friendly. Post the script! Thanks In Advance. I know you'll all do the right thing. :)

HellRazor

Knight
trixtA-hybrid;825398 said:
Well if you knew anything about coding and knew the amount of time people put in to their work, you'd think twice about opening your newbie mouth. I am helping these guys by informing them that the code is in fact out there and I am a carrier of it, but since I coded a replica of Gamers, which isn't released for a REASON, I am not going to hand it out free. So if you want it so bad, go pick up C# for Dummies and start reading.

So you coded a script. Wow. We're all quite impressed with you.

Now then. If you don't have any intentions of sharing it, and if you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, please feel free to pound sand.

P.S. ""Newb"? What are you, like 12? Might want to check join dates before you start flapping your gums son.

HellRazor

Knight
CEO;825403 said:
Seriously, I spent lots and lots of time doing slots, blackjack, and Keno. I bet many many more hours then you, but I released all of them... Why not release yours in return. Look at it as helping the community out!

He doesn't want to help the community, he just wants bragging rights. That's the difference between a cool guy like you CEO and, well... a dick.

HellRazor

Knight
smeghead;825385 said:
Calm down everyone, I wish to hell they would release it but they made something awesome and want to keep their shard unique, at least one big unique thing.
Makes people try their shard and not others, I can understand that.

Sure, and I have no problem with that. You wrote some code, you decide what to do with it. No issues there.

What I have a problem with is we have a few guys looking for this script, and someone pops in and tells these guys "Hey I wrote a script like the one you guys want but you can't have it, nyahh nyahh!"

That's just being a dick. If you don't want to help them, fine, but don't dangle it in their faces. That's just being a prick.

mortenbub

Wanderer
CEO will you write a Hold Em Script? Your like the best scriptor out there, I even heard of you when I wasnt trying to learn and just playing UO using CEO's EASY TAILOR

woot woot

I trained 82 120 tailors with that

targetofhate

Wanderer

;)

Sythen

Sorceror
You can't because people like trixtA-hybrid go against the fundamental sharing principle that is seemingly the basis of the RunUO community.

It would be entirely different had he not said anything about his script; however the knucklehead bragged about it, yet won't share it; the funny part about this is that he uses an emulation console, which is provided free, that the community worked hard if not harder to produce in order for everyone to run their own server. :p

I guess my point is: let him talk his way into trouble on the forums, getting angry with him or defensive is just going to aggrivate things. Right now he looks like the asshole; and he's acting like one so leave it at that. We can't force him to share his script, but with attitudes like his (lucky I'm not a moderator - so sad) perhaps one day the big bad *ban stick* might make examples out of people like this. :eek: Or perhaps thats too extreme to some!? :p ;)

On a personal level, I couldn't care less about this guy or his script. With an attitude like trixtA-hybrids it would be much more satisfying to see someone come up with something better and put him in his place; banned and off the forums left to script his server on his own; I mean we all know what a god-like scripter he is by his own admission and arrogance. :eek: :p

targetofhate

Wanderer
Sythen;829753 said:
You can't because people like trixtA-hybrid go against the fundamental sharing principle that is seemingly the basis of the RunUO community.

It would be entirely different had he not said anything about his script; however the knucklehead bragged about it, yet won't share it; the funny part about this is that he uses an emulation console, which is provided free, that the community worked hard if not harder to produce in order for everyone to run their own server. :p

I guess my point is: let him talk his way into trouble on the forums, getting angry with him or defensive is just going to aggrivate things. Right now he looks like the asshole; and he's acting like one so leave it at that. We can't force him to share his script, but with attitudes like his (lucky I'm not a moderator - so sad) perhaps one day the big bad *ban stick* might make examples out of people like this. :eek: Or perhaps thats too extreme to some!? :p ;)

On a personal level, I couldn't care less about this guy or his script. With an attitude like trixtA-hybrids it would be much more satisfying to see someone come up with something better and put him in his place; banned and off the forums left to script his server on his own; I mean we all know what a god-like scripter he is by his own admission and arrogance. :eek: :p

So much hate and rage. I've done nothing wrong to be banned, sorry to burst your bubble little guy.

C# for Dummies, good book - Highly suggested.

And fyi, I have given the script out to one guy that posted in this forum,thnxbai.

Sythen

Sorceror
ROFL... no hate or rage here... just stating a very clear observation based on your posts in this thread. :p

As for kicking you off the forums, (although its nothing personal lol) I think they should. Why? Because you are basicially telling everyone in the community to STFU with this thread over a request and not posting the script after you teased someone saying you had it (didn't your parents teach you its not nice to tease :p).

You're right, if you feel you want something for your script then, imho thats not unreasonable had you scripted your entire server yourself (including that RunUO emulator you use); I'm pretty sure you didn't. Anyway, thats neither here nor there; bottom line: your making a stand that is counter-productive to this community and that type of behavior shouldn't be tolerated.

If you had kept the fact that you had this script to yourself in the first place, this thread wouldn't have gone anywhere and the community probably would have swept this whole topic under the rug. :p

FYI: sharing your script with 1 person in the community doesn't constitute giving back to the community unless you post it publicly on the boards.

***EDIT***
Oh and for books... since you brought it up... Head First C# By O'REILLY is much much better than C# for Dummies... (in case anyone is actually interested in buying books). :D