RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Hold'Em

MrWalsh

Page
Pr3d13;859012 said:
You missed the first edit

Code:
using Server.Poker;

needs to be added to the top section

Thank you that worked very well also the dealer is saying that it is inactive, i have played with the props but have not seemed to get it to work but i will kepp you posted if i do get ti to work.

Do you get a table with this or do i need to add my own as i have one anyway :)

JamzeMcC

Squire
MrWalsh;859084 said:
Thank you that worked very well also the dealer is saying that it is inactive, i have played with the props but have not seemed to get it to work but i will kepp you posted if i do get ti to work.

This was setup to be just the game. Not deco. You can deco anyway you want, set up the chairs and table in any fashion, add as many or little players as youd like. [props will let you set it to active so that you can play it. if you have tourny style active, you cant start the game until you have the amount of people specified. if its not active, you can start the game as soon as there are two people who buy in.

using the initial download. overwriting with the new pokerdealer script as seen in this thread, using the fixed playermobile.cs thanks to James.....

set up and working on my shard. think I found one small bug so far.... something comsmetic only, players standing when they should be sitting, but have only seen it once and have not replicated yet. still working on it. But thanks folks.

Still easily cheatable, think this version has no IP blocks, but not bad at all at all, thanks to those who shared and continue to share.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
MrWalsh;859084 said:

there is a stone table addon that looks good if hued a green color

Thagoras

Sorceror
Don't know the SVN number I have...don't know how much it matters. Got the game to play once for several hands and then not again. Set to two players. We both join the game and only one of us gets the gump. No cards dealt. Tried removing and replacing the dealer.

A Static variable issue? I'm going to try to restart the server to see if it makes a difference.

Thagoras;859212 said:
Don't know the SVN number I have...don't know how much it matters. Got the game to play once for several hands and then not again. Set to two players. We both join the game and only one of us gets the gump. No cards dealt. Tried removing and replacing the dealer.

A Static variable issue? I'm going to try to restart the server to see if it makes a difference.

played a game until one guy was broke and two tables went inactive. when using props it shows them as active but when double clicked is says "This table is inactive."

testing now to replace tables and dealer. Also did not have the option clear seats.

after removing and placing new dealers and chairs still shows as table inactive. after shutting down server and restarting still shows as inactive. not feeling the love but later will test removal of scripts and replacing them. If it works like that great for an event but not so much for a continued shard presence.

okay rebooted and removed files to see if would allow new game. it did not. now have reverted to earlier playermobile.cs as well as removing files assicaited. have not readded files to see of will allow game on new install. seems to problem is in ending game. if players leave before money is exhausted no problem but if players go broke and bust table and all files go askew. will test more on fresh install later.

Jackstyle

Wanderer
New funny problem whit the Poker game

When player have seatet, 2 players and the pokerDealer is set up for 2 players Only .. no cards are dealt.. and we just are seetet ther .. and looking out in the Air and noting happing ;0) ...

I just DL the Poker scpirt from UO, and put in the Fix targeting and make stoles from JamzeMcC runUO fix

I cant seems to add Card or Deck...

Can anybody Help here ?
:D

All are working now .. the problem was the setup on the pokerdealer .. [props (set big blind and small blind .. lol!

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Stygian Stalker;859263 said:
okay rebooted and removed files to see if would allow new game. it did not. now have reverted to earlier playermobile.cs as well as removing files assicaited. have not readded files to see of will allow game on new install. seems to problem is in ending game. if players leave before money is exhausted no problem but if players go broke and bust table and all files go askew. will test more on fresh install later.

I'm having the same problem with broke characters. did you make sure the broke guy had money when you tried again?

the testing I did prior to the bug....

join game and play a few handsthen manually leave the game. had no problems.

later testing, two players playing, correct number of seats as that in props menu, higher big blind than small blind, all numbers checked as they should be.

went all in several times to force a winner takes all scenario, after one of the players won it all no more game gumps pop up for either player. When left table and tried to rejoin says "This table is inactive". When deleted dealer and chairs and reset up whole thing still had the message on double click "This table is inactive". When restarted shard and replaced dealer ect once again same message.

looked in script, blocked out one area I felt might be causing the problem...

Code:
		public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
		{
			if ( !m_Active )
				from.SendMessage( 0x9A, "This table is inactive" );
			else if ( !InRange( from.Location, 8 ) )
				from.PrivateOverheadMessage( Server.Network.MessageType.Regular, 0x22, true, "I am too far away to do that", from.NetState );
			else if ( m_MinBuyIn == 0 || m_MaxBuyIn == 0 )
			else if ( m_MinBuyIn > m_MaxBuyIn )
			else if ( m_Seats.Count < m_MaxPlayers )
[B]			//else if ( m_Game.GetIndexFor( from ) != -1 )
				//return; //TODO: Grab more chips from the player's [/B]bankbox
			else if ( m_Game.Players.Count >= m_MaxPlayers )

looked to be the location where the phrase "This table is inactive" is located in scripts and all the other triggers look to be set correctly....

until figuire it out I myself just removed the entire folder and reverted my playermobile.cs have not checked to see if doing a fresh install of the package will once again allow games to be placed and started. still need look more into the scripts but got busy....

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Glad someone copied it here... so when orb goes down again next month it will still be here. That site goes up and down more than the girls at the bunny ranch.

JamzeMcC

Squire
Ryan;859461 said:
Glad someone copied it here... so when orb goes down again next month it will still be here. That site goes up and down more than the girls at the bunny ranch.

OMG That was the best laugh ive had in quite awhile... Thanks Ryan

Thagoras

Sorceror
looked to be the location where the phrase "This table is inactive" is located in scripts and all the other triggers look to be set correctly....

until figuire it out I myself just removed the entire folder and reverted my playermobile.cs have not checked to see if doing a fresh install of the package will once again allow games to be placed and started. still need look more into the scripts but got busy....

I was having a hard time getting it going too. I think I eventually did (think AccessLevel plays a role? Owner account has problems? make any sense?).

One tip might be to change that 'this table is inactive" message to something a bit more descriptive about what's going on. Another tip would be to edit the Dealer and set up some default values.

Was going to edit my copy to use backpack rather than bank box.

well since it bugged it will no longer load correctly at all.

have tried doing a full remove of all changes associated and rebooted shard. no problems with shard I can tell.

added file in again fresh along with the changes to playermobile and now "always" says this table is inactive.

after looking at it for some time giving up for now. Tho I would think the easier way would be to boot players who lose it all. But yes seems funny that it worked and now that I uninstall and reinstall it no longer works at all considering I followed the exact same procedures as the first time. Does this place an item or items on the internal map that I am possibly needing to locate and delete?

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Stygian Stalker;860053 said:
well since it bugged it will no longer load correctly at all.

have tried doing a full remove of all changes associated and rebooted shard. no problems with shard I can tell.

added file in again fresh along with the changes to playermobile and now "always" says this table is inactive.

after looking at it for some time giving up for now. Tho I would think the easier way would be to boot players who lose it all. But yes seems funny that it worked and now that I uninstall and reinstall it no longer works at all considering I followed the exact same procedures as the first time. Does this place an item or items on the internal map that I am possibly needing to locate and delete?

the amount of seats placed need to match the maxseats property. other than that if you find the other texas hold em thread there is a screen shot of the props, if you set your up close to that, it should work, and making sure you set active to true.

Pr3d13;860170 said:
the amount of seats placed need to match the maxseats property. other than that if you find the other texas hold em thread there is a screen shot of the props, if you set your up close to that, it should work, and making sure you set active to true.

in the props menu I made sure the seven seats I placed were the same as max seats.I did not make the change to 7 seats in scripts just in the props menu. also set the table as active.

to recap. it "was" working. then it stopped working and now it won't work even if I remove all the files and try and reinstall them fresh which led me to believe that if I am doing all the same things as before and it isn't working there must be a reason. thus my question about anything placed in the internal map.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Stygian Stalker;860192 said:
in the props menu I made sure the seven seats I placed were the same as max seats.I did not make the change to 7 seats in scripts just in the props menu. also set the table as active.

to recap. it "was" working. then it stopped working and now it won't work even if I remove all the files and try and reinstall them fresh which led me to believe that if I am doing all the same things as before and it isn't working there must be a reason. thus my question about anything placed in the internal map.

check out the snap i took of the props for the poker dealer, it works for 3 dealers. and even after having a char go broke.
i also searched inside all poker files and didn't come up with a single hit for the search "internal"

Attachments

• poker props.jpg
    poker props.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 200
Okay wiped all files. Used Pr3d13's files. Placed the dealer. THEN propsed the dealer and set the info I wanted inside the props menu. THEN I placed the chairs by getting the coordiantes then standing on the dealer and typing [addpokerseat xxx xxx xx

My original problems either originated with doing these actions out of order or the revisions to pokerdealer.cs made by Tissemand. As I have not tested it since after all it seems to be working with only a few smallish things that I would like to see changed I didn't feel like doing it out of order again on purpose and or compare Tissemand's revisions.

but for my purposes when they lose all their money I wish them removed from the table to the exit location...

so where should I put this????

Code:
				player.CloseAllGumps();
				( (PlayerMobile)from ).PokerGame = null;
				from.Location = m_Dealer.ExitLocation;
				from.Map = m_Dealer.ExitMap;
				from.SendMessage( 0x22, "You have left the table" );

mikeymaze

Wanderer
Ok i have followed the steps in the post i am also having issues starting the game. I [props it set it up and set the seats up all seems to work right, I get 2 players as i set it to 2 max for the game i set the buy In and it places me in the seat. all i see is one Gump to one of the players . it shows the BuyIn of Both Characters 100 gold , i try to dbl click the dealer and nothing happens at all .
The Game is set to active but never does start

Phr3d13

Sorceror
mikeymaze;863221 said:
Ok i have followed the steps in the post i am also having issues starting the game. I [props it set it up and set the seats up all seems to work right, I get 2 players as i set it to 2 max for the game i set the buy In and it places me in the seat. all i see is one Gump to one of the players . it shows the BuyIn of Both Characters 100 gold , i try to dbl click the dealer and nothing happens at all .
The Game is set to active but never does start

Make the props for the dealer look like the ones in the snap i posted (except for the exit), i just tested with a maxseats of two and the rest of the props like the snapshot and it worked, using the pack i posted replacing the pokerdealer with the targeting pokerdealer