RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matrix Reloaded-Why can Neo stop the sentinel?

Atomic

Wanderer
The Matrix Reloaded-Why can Neo stop the sentinel?

In the end of the movie, while in the real world Neo just stand his hand up and the sentinel stops, like the bullets in the matrix, then he enters a coma.

My theory is that when he "killed" Agent Smith in the first movie he did get some "machine power" from him and Smith got some powers(and was set free) by Neo. When the sentinel comes Neo feels them because he got a "24h" connection with the machines, and uses this connection to stop the sentinel.

Anyone agrees?
Or you have a different theory?

rlitt3

Wanderer
I heard a theory is that what we all "think" is the real world (Zion and all the underworld) in the movie is in actuality also part of the matrix. Some call this the matrix within the matrix. Remember before he stopped the sentinels he says something like "Something is different". This is because he finally realized that what they thought was the real world, is really part of the matrix. With this new knowledge, he knows his powers will work against the sentinels. He goes into a coma because the Architect knows that Neo has figured it out and basically "pulls the plug" on Neo, thus making him go into a coma. The Architect does this so Neo can't reveal what he has figured out to the others.

The Architect added Zion and the underworld to the matrix so people who discover the matrix will "think" that they have escaped. Basically, Zion and the underworld is a safety net for the matrix. So, in short, Neo and everyone else are still in pods and hooked into the matrix.

L

Lost User

rlitt3 said:
I heard a theory is that what we all "think" is the real world (Zion and all the underworld) in the movie is in actuality also part of the matrix. Some call this the matrix within the matrix. Remember before he stopped the sentinels he says something like "Something is different". This is because he finally realized that what they think is the real world, is really part of the matrix. With this new knowledge, he knows his powers will work against the sentinels. He goes into a coma because the Architect knows that Neo has figured it out and basically "pulls the plug" on Neo, thus making him go into a coma. The Architect does this so Neo can't reveal what he has figured out to the other.

The Architect added Zion and the underworld to the matrix so people who discover the matrix will "think" that they have escaped. Basically, Zion and the underworld is a safety net for the matrix. So, in short, Neo and everyone else are still in pods and hooked into the matrix.

I would have to agree with this... when Neo and The Architect are talking in the white room with screens, The Architect talks about Neo taking a selection of 20-30 people (cant remember the number) to start Zion again.

- DK

Atomic

Wanderer
if Neo's plug has been pulled he would die, and he is very alive in the revolutions trailer...

And that wouldn't explain why bane(smith) is in coma too...

rlitt3

Wanderer
Maybe "pulled the plug" is not the right phrase. Perhaps forced into "sleep mode" would be better.

R

Rainman

*Yawn* I brought all that up during the first movie and nobody believed me :(

bugdaddy

Wanderer
Another possibility is to say they're in the real world and Neo becomes there what he is in the matrix. Which gives some hope on the future of Zion... The architect destroys the myth, all matrix 1 is machine's shit when he says it was build/destroyed many times before. But this time the machines maybe didn't expect his "special powers" to be there in the real world or whatever it is. Supposing they're in another level of the matrix, i guess the machines didnt plan to have his powers present there.

Another question, which door did he chose in the architect's room? If I remember right, he could chose between zion or trinity, but we don't see him go through any door... and trinity dies after all, he reanimates her but she died.

Dalius

Wanderer
I doubt that he has 'special powers' in the real world. The One just has power to bend the Matrix, since the Matrix is a program. Imagine it like UO. If your an admin, you can modify the world of UO at will. But you can't do that outside the computer.

R

Rainman

Neo is nothing more than an exploit, or thats what the matrix within the matrix would like to make him think

Zippy

Razor Creator
I thought about the matrix inside the matrix thing, but then I thought about it a little more... and right after this all happens, the other ship comes and picks them up.... So I figured it was just an EMP from the other ship....

Powerworks

Wanderer
I would have to agree with rainman, Neo was just an exploit, and I do believe (and I have since the first one) that the "real world" is nothing more than another (possibly another form of the matrix) virtual world. Think about the way they brought people out of the matrix and into the real world.. If that really worked don't you think the robots would somehow stop it? Or at the exact moment they freed a mine, come in and destroy the building and the equipment?

We will just have to wait and see...

Wraslin

Wanderer
Remember the Architect said that Neo wasn’t the first Neo right? How many times do you think a person can be reborn, matrix or not? Think he’s born or launched?

Also, remember the Agent Smith talked about other versions and how we wouldn’t accept the ‘perfect world’.

Well, if there’s a matrix within a matrix, it’s designed to allow for the ‘rebellious spirit’ of human nature to be controlled somewhat.

I don’t know for sure if Neo is a program or a person but I think he busted out of his ‘role’ (got corrupted) in the last run. He chose to save Trinity and I don’t think that the other versions made that choice.

Maybe the 20 or 30 that restart Zion as described by the Architect are all scripts. Like the last versions of Replicants in Blade Runner, the Zion scripts have no idea that they are just scripts.

They unknowingly help ‘route' the humans that won’t accept the primary program or get lost in the loop somehow to the subMatrix and give them something to expend their energy on. When it appears that the strength of the collected bunch grows too strong, Neo is launched to ‘end it’ before it starts up again thus the multiple versions of Neo. (What does Neo mean anyway?)

That’s the purpose of the Matrix within the Matrix. It allows the masses to be completely ignorant of the rounded up humans and more especially, their escape and later deletion.

The problem is nothing goes as planned and this time something is wrong. Things are way off track and the machines depend too heavily upon the energy from the humans to pull the plug.

BTW, I don’t think that Agent Smith is running as planned either. It’s probably the other way around, Neo corrupted Smith not Smith giving something to Neo.

Just another though, have you noticed how ‘updates’ or ‘hacks’ are always ingested? It’s more than just the ‘red and blue’ pills. Why to you think the Oracle gave Neo a piece of candy?

Atomic

Wanderer
does any of you have a link to download the revolutions movie?

i cant wait until november.... ahhhhhh

Phantom

Knight
Atomic said:
does any of you have a link to download the revolutions movie?

i cant wait until november.... ahhhhhh

Its not even out of the edit room LOL

They got few months ( 2-3 ) plus this isn't the place to request warez...

Also about Agent Smith, yes Neo did something to his program, and I think he will prove a very important part in the final movie.

I think Neo isn't dead perhaps he wakes up 1 minute later in the next opening scenes we just don't know.

If you remeber correctly int he first movie, he had to be "awakin" to his powers ( ie shot ) before he could see what the matrix really was ( data ). I believe when he uses his powers outside of the 'matrix" samething will happen. He wil awaken with information to "support" the plot for the last movie :)

Now about "The One" since I assume the machine's can make anyone the one since after all they are doing making them :) But I don't think they got control over picking the one, otherwise they would pick the fat guy :)

With that said when he said it was what the 5th time or something? I agree that the resistance is some sort of program. Has to be if Neo would be able to pick who he allows to be rejoined with the Matrix.

Now wants interesting is if he didn't save his girlfriend could he bring her back? Could he pick himself :)

Interesting thought..

D

DragonGrove

Man am I glad I realized this would spoil the ENTIRE freakin movie if I read this.. WTG peeps.. LOL.. Maybe add a warning label at the top talking about how you tell everyone how the movie ends before you actually do it? Just to play nice and all :D

S

Seven

Well, you can buy it over in japan already for about 3 buckz....hehe...but they illeagle over here in the us...
I have illegale dvd of Shrek =D
I got it when shreck was still over here in theaters !!

P

php-junkie

DragonGrove said:
Man am I glad I realized this would spoil the ENTIRE freakin movie if I read this.. WTG peeps.. LOL.. Maybe add a warning label at the top talking about how you tell everyone how the movie ends before you actually do it? Just to play nice and all :D
It makes me want to go out and see it even more.