RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Matrix Reloaded-Why can Neo stop the sentinel?

bugdaddy

Wanderer
Flare said:
I doubt that he has 'special powers' in the real world. The One just has power to bend the Matrix, since the Matrix is a program. Imagine it like UO. If your an admin, you can modify the world of UO at will. But you can't do that outside the computer.

Ok hehe now the question is there, what is the real world, when will we know that the real world is just another level of the matrix :D

But for the UO example, i'm not sure, it's more like if one of your players became an admin without even willing to be one ;)

I agree totally with Wraslin's version, it is exactly how i think we should interpret the movie.

But there is still :
I don’t know for sure if Neo is a program or a person but I think he busted out of his ‘role’ (got corrupted) in the last run. He chose to save Trinity and I don’t think that the other versions made that choice.

I'm not that sure, I think they all made that choice, didn't the architect said the other door would save Zion or end the matrix or something like that?

Wraslin

Wanderer
I don't remember exactly what the Architect said but I'm going back to watch it in the next day or two.

This time I'm going to pay a lot of attention to what the Architect says, the speech the oracle gave about programs going bad, Agent Smith’s ‘thank you’, and the role of that one powerful program (can’t remember his name) and his girlfriend.

I don’t know much about the next movie but I think we’ve just about got the ideas sketched in.

In any case, the Matrix movies are the best mix of pure imagination and state of the art special effects since the first Star Wars movies. The orginal thought behind these is outstanding.

I’d love to see an online game (read player run emulator lol) based upon the Matrix. How erie would it be to write scripts for your own Matrix.

(BTW, if there was such a game it should be stat based like UO instead of leveling. Leveling is too chunky creates huge seams you can’t over look.)

Fineous

Wanderer
Its because everything is not the real world there is no Matrix. Neo is in a dream land like Alice in Wonderland and at the end he shall sit up at his computer and go Woah! Think about it

ASayre

RunUO Developer
Fineous said:
Its because everything is not the real world there is no Matrix. Neo is in a dream land like Alice in Wonderland and at the end he shall sit up at his computer and go Woah! Think about it

But how will he know that hje's not STILL inside the matrix?

Phantom

Knight
IF this online game is anything like Enter The Matrix, it should be good.

Imagine Max Payne 10 years improved graphics :)

* Really good Graphics and Sound and Fighting Style *

But the levels sort of suck, really makes the game not fun.

* almost 5 levels where you have to run away from an agent *

Sucks you can't even win against a Agent... The Vamps are cool though :)

bzk90

Lord
damn peeps

u guys r making me go cross eyed lol jk i think the whole matrix in matrix is true because i read the matrix trilogy lol

Atomic

Wanderer
i found two irrevocable proofs that it is definetely not the M in the M:
1-When Smith in bane's body left the matrix his image in the real world should have changed to smiths image, because the matrix gets you residual image in your brain and bane's brain was "deleted".
2-In the site of the matrix online game it says that the real world is the zion world

and here is how Neo could have stopped the sentinels:
-he used the information he got when entered the architect room or when he killed smith in the first movie to use his plug as an antenna to transmit a stop order to the sentinels. He used all his power to do it, so he fell down powerless.

Cmonkey123

Wanderer
I know this was on the first page of the thread, but I just had to correct this:

[code:1]
Another question, which door did he chose in the architect's room? If I remember right, he could chose between zion or trinity, but we don't see him go through any door... and trinity dies after all, he reanimates her but she died.
[/code:1]

Trinity didn't die. Neo pulled the bullet out of her and saved her.
And I know she didn't die for a fact because she appears again in the scene where Neo destroys the senitels.
And I think we can make a good bet that Neo picked the door to save trinity... after all, he didn't do any Zion saving the rest of the movie...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but...

I found the Architect scene very confusing... Why would the people want to make another Zion? Would the machines force the 20 or 30 people to make a new city? Why would the people want to follow the machines again? Why would the robots want humans to build a new Zion? So the humans can just rebel again? And one last question from the Architect scene, why do they have to destroy Zion to upgrade the Matrix?

And what's this with the humans not accepting a "perfect world?"
What could the humans do about it to say they don't accept a perfect world? They can't just get out of those pod things and say to the robots, "This perfect world really sucks! Can you make it something less perfect so I can accept it?!"

If you think about it, wouldn't the robots try to strip humans down as much as possible? Why wouldn't get gentically engineer humans so they don't even think... That way humans would have no reason to rebel... That would be the real perfect solution for the robots. Maybe the robots are just stupid or something...

And in the first Matrix, how the f*** did they get their ship into robot territory to get Neo from his pod thing? And why would that robot that pulls all the cords out of Neo help him out of his pod. If the robots where really trying to stop humans, wouldn't that robot kill Neo after he saw him wake up?

Now about the Neo destroying the robots thing, I think that he just has some of Agent Smith's robot powers. When Neo "killed" Smith the two of them probaly swapped intelligence and powers. Smith had gotten some of Neo's powers (the viral multiplication) and Neo had gotten some of Smith's powers (the destroying the robots thing).

If anyone remebers that scene at about the middle of the movie (maybe near then end, I can't remeber) when Agent Smith uses the phone to escape the Matrix, I think that is another big question about what the sequel could bring. I think that when Agent Smith pumps his viral program into a person inside the matrix he becomes part human, part program... a person can escape the matrix... maybe Agent Smith will be seen in the real world in the sequel... that would make for a great ending... the people of the real world trying to stop Agent Smith...

I can't wait for The Matrix: Revolutions... it's going to be a blast!

karlfranz

Wanderer
Cmonkey123 said:
I found the Architect scene very confusing... Why would the people want to make another Zion? Would the machines force the 20 or 30 people to make a new city? Why would the people want to follow the machines again? Why would the robots want humans to build a new Zion? So the humans can just rebel again? And one last question from the Architect scene, why do they have to destroy Zion to upgrade the Matrix?

I found the Architect scene confusing too. But i think Neo take the door to save trinity because the other one just bring to rebuild zion again and be destroy again and again and again. Neo think he can do another things to free the humans races "one time for all time"

I think the architect create a matrix into a matrix yes i think it. Beauce the human race not acception a "perfect world". but when we give to him the "choice" i will be happy. the architect create 2 matrix to permit the human choose one to liberate zion in the illusion "real world". the time when the sentinel destroy Zion come in same time thats neo come into the architect zoom... like all the another one matrix. because after no human live ... or neo save zion. in the 2 choice zion will be rebuilt (the machine need human energy to live. don't forget). In the structure the human try espace from the first matrix but forget they are once again in a second matrix. The "big" matrix never by destroy by the human... they don't know she exist.

Cmonkey123 said:
And in the first Matrix, how the f*** did they get their ship into robot territory to get Neo from his pod thing? And why would that robot that pulls all the cords out of Neo help him out of his pod. If the robots where really trying to stop humans, wouldn't that robot kill Neo after he saw him wake up?

the robot don't help neo. the robot see a malfunction in neo and remove him from the matrix and trash him in garbage (where morpheus bring neo in the ship)

Cmonkey123 said:
Now about the Neo destroying the robots thing, I think that he just has some of Agent Smith's robot powers. When Neo "killed" Smith the two of them probaly swapped intelligence and powers. Smith had gotten some of Neo's powers (the viral multiplication) and Neo had gotten some of Smith's powers (the destroying the robots thing).

In first movie Neo "kill" agent smith. the matrix free agent smith because he come "absolete". And like the oracle say. The old program try to survive by all the way.

When smith is bane in zion, i hurt his hands and take the hand of neo... blood on blood. neo have the knowledge of the machine and smith have another power perharp's the multiple him in the matrix.

It's my idea. show me what you think of that.
and sorry for my english

tindin

Wanderer
Cmonkey123 said:
I know this was on the first page of the thread, but I just had to correct this:

[code:1]
Another question, which door did he chose in the architect's room? If I remember right, he could chose between zion or trinity, but we don't see him go through any door... and trinity dies after all, he reanimates her but she died.
[/code:1]

Trinity didn't die. Neo pulled the bullet out of her and saved her.
And I know she didn't die for a fact because she appears again in the scene where Neo destroys the senitels.
And I think we can make a good bet that Neo picked the door to save trinity... after all, he didn't do any Zion saving the rest of the movie...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie, but...
see did die he got the bullet out yes...but see still died. then you played with her heart a little a see cam back from the dead....the hole reason she said some think like "i guess i need you too" or something like that but she did die.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
I'd read the thread to see if anyone mentioned this, thus far, but it's three pages and I haven't seen the movie yet. I refuse to spoil it for myself.

You must play the video game (and beat it) to see the full movie, there is over 1 hour of footage in the game that is not in the movie, that fills in holes to the plot. ;)

BardFreedom

Wanderer
Personally I think the Brothers that made the matrix forgot a kewl somethin somthin ya ya, they could of put into there matrix series

"there is a thought for everything you do in the physical, universe"
hence these super powers become enabled in the real world because you had the mental practice from matrix experience. so those in the pods awaken to have super powers because they have experience in how one thinks to use that energy..

How does one think to have super strength. I mean there examples of real life stories of mothers lifting a rolled over car to save their babies trapped inside. Shaolin monks in tibet can set fires with their hands(berkely study) and raise body temp by 17 degree's through meditaion.

so you fly in real life because you now know "how and what" you are sposed to think to control that energy of flight, or is flight simply the belief of falling without believing you'll hit the ground? What strengths come from understanding how to control the energy inside you? keep in mind the human brain hasnt been thouroughly explored yet, and some parts havent been used either for rerouting from injury or for a purpose the greatest heads in science have yet to answer.. kewl huh? aint our specie kewl :shock: