RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TM Skill System 3.0

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I need information, not statements that there are more problems! >_<

//calms down

@Padriac -- sounds like a problem with the gates...Profiles are set up to not care how many there are. Are you experiencing this with any other gates? (do you use any other gates?)

Edit:
So, as far as I can tell, I reproduced your situation, Padriac. I have 26 profiles, and a skill gate (basic distro, no mods). I set the gate to Profile 26, and saved. Nothing happened. I just saved and shut down the shard and nothing happened...am I missing a step/steps here?
(Although I did find a bug in the selection gump code..)

Edit 2:
I do not see how the MakeGump() method can cause NullReference unless you modded something, Iomega. What all have you poked at? And I REALLY don't know how there could be serialization errors unless you poked at something. I've had TMSS 3 running for a very long time myself with no ser/deser errors...

Iomega0318

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK said:

//calms down

@Padriac -- sounds like a problem with the gates...Profiles are set up to not care how many there are. Are you experiencing this with any other gates? (do you use any other gates?)

Edit:
So, as far as I can tell, I reproduced your situation, Padriac. I have 26 profiles, and a skill gate (basic distro, no mods). I set the gate to Profile 26, and saved. Nothing happened. I just saved and shut down the shard and nothing happened...am I missing a step/steps here?

Edit 2:
I do not see how the MakeGump() method can cause NullReference unless you modded something, Iomega. What all have you poked at? And I REALLY don't know how there could be serialization errors unless you poked at something. I've had TMSS 3 running for a very long time myself with no ser/deser errors...
lol.. yeah I know but my stupid server wont run in debug mode, gives me some invalid argument when trying to run it.. the only error reports I can give you are the ones it throws at me when it crashes and thats all I am able to get for right now untill I can figure this thing out.. I can be patient on fixing this.. I will post later when I get an update on how things are progressing....

Padriac

Wanderer
That's about it. Only 18 of the 25/26 are in use on Skillgates. I modified some of the profiles (changed their skill mix and modified the name). This made new profiles out of them and left the old unchanged, so I have more profiles than I need. After installing the last profile on a skillgate, I return to the start area to find the newest gate gone and the profile gone from the list. Rinse and repeat. About 4 times now.

TMSTKSBK said:

//calms down

Edit:

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Ok, well:

@Iomega:
Make sure you're typing: "server.exe -debug" into the command prompt. Also, you didn't answer the question about modifications :).

@Padriac:
Mebbe I should make a house call...I'm confused.

Padriac

Wanderer
What are you confused about? I've created the same profile and added it to a skillgate. The skillgate just disappears and the profile is no longer in the list. I've done this about 4 times now. Either there is a bug in the system, or someone is trying to drive me crazy. There is no means to delete the profile in game, so I don't thing someone is doing that. If just the gate was gone, but the profile remained, I might think someone was deleting the gate. As it is, it seems like the two events are connected somehow.

If a profile that was attached to a skillgate should go away somehow, what would the skillgate do? How would it react to not finding the profile it needed?:confused:

TMSTKSBK said:
Ok, well:

@Padriac:

TMSTKSBK

Lord
The system reacts by setting it to Default Profile. It does not delete the item.

Does the file for Profile 26 exist on the hard drive?
Also, can you restart the server, then try to set a gate to 26?

Iomega0318

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK said:
Ok, well:

@Iomega:
Make sure you're typing: "server.exe -debug" into the command prompt. Also, you didn't answer the question about modifications :).

@Padriac:
lol sorry, I had made no changes to it at all except updating it like you told me to, after that it had the ser/deser thing then it deleted it, I went ahead readded it changed skill tickets to not use a stone and then d-clicked the stone again.. it all seems to be working fine now but we will see what happens

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Ok I have figured it out, my problem is coming from the control stone.
I have an existing Skill Stone set with the settings from the Control
Stone and it has been saved and loaded just fine, But what happens is
when I change the settings on the control stone, save and then restart
for some reason the Skill Stone screws up and has to be deleted and
replaced in order for it to work correctly.. Dunno why any ideas?

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Anytime, I went on my test server and did it a few times just to make sure and yeah thats what is wrong, I dont get crashes anymore just have to delete the stone when I make changes to the control stone..

Padriac

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
The system reacts by setting it to Default Profile. It does not delete the item.

Does the file for Profile 26 exist on the hard drive?
Also, can you restart the server, then try to set a gate to 26?

This server is remote to me and I cannot easily see the profiles on the drive. I am taking a break from the shard, so we will have to put this on hold for now.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Iomega -- I need you to come to me and show me how you did it. I don't know how it is happening.

Padriac -- Ok then...I'll keep looking.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I'll PM you the IP and port of my test server. If you can, we'll set up a time tomorrow night around 9:30 to do this.

Padriac

Wanderer
Some answers here

I had a little spare time, so I took another look at the TMSS profiles using my test server. It appears that the new profile was going missing due to the name I called it. It was a Tamer/Mage profile, so I called it that "Tamer/Mage Skills". Because of the way that your system turns the name into a profile file name, it was seeing the / as an illegal char and thus nothing was saved to file. When I came back to the skillgate, it did not have the default profile installed. It said no profile instead. Why the gate itself was going missing is still a mystery.

In any case, once I changed my new profile to Tamer_Mage Skills, it saved and came back after a save/reboot of the server.

Most people would not think anything about files on a disk when they pick a name for the profile. Perhaps you can either warn on the creation screen or pull out illegal chars before creating your file.:D

TMSTKSBK

Lord
hahahahaha...well. That explains it.

Thanks for the heads-up, Padriac. I'll put a warning on the TMSS 4 gump.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
System Updated for RunUO 2.0 RC1.

Please note that the 2.0 system WILL NOT WORK on 1.0 shards. If you have a 1.0 shard, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE TMSS 3.0.3 [RunUO 2].zip file!

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Well your going to kill me lol... I have another crash for you, I thought it was working fine and it was at first but now here is what I am getting:

Code:
[B]Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 6/28/2006 1:00:24 AM
Mobiles: 14712
Items: 142684
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = *******) (mobile = 0x92F '*******')
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = *********)[COLOR="Red"]<-Account that tried to log in![/COLOR]

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.TMSS.SkillProfileHelper.ProfileExists(String name)
   at Server.Items.SkillTicket..ctor(String name)
   at Server.Misc.CharacterCreation.EventSink_CharacterCreated(CharacterCreatedEventArgs args)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.CreateCharacter(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)[/B]