RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TM Skill System 3.0

Padriac

Wanderer
For myself, I don't think that is too important. I suppose it might be to some.

It sure would be nice to have an in-game way to delete profiles, perhaps with a built-in check to see that the profile is not in use on a gate or stone.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK said:
eeeeh...

After reading the code, the only thing I can think of is that somehow you're referencing a profile that isn't correctly loaded. And I don't know how you're doing that. You've got talent :p. How were you attempting to access the selector gump (from a SkillStone/Ticket, from the Main Menu, from ....)?

Another possibility is that there are no profiles, leading to an empty (unassigned) ProfileNames array... Were you actively using Profiles, or did you have it in the non-profile based mode?

The only variable that *can* be null is the SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames[x]. When the server starts, do you see something like: " - TMSS|3 Loading Skill Profile: Default Profile.skp"? There may be multiple lines like this, but that one should DEFINITELY show up. If it doesn't...well...that's not good.

If you could run it in debug mode, I'd greatly appreciate it (gives line numbers). If you dunno how to run in debug, see the "Stuff to Try and Know..." sticky in the Script Support forum here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60709
Section 1.

So, to boil it down:
*How were you getting to the gump?
*Can you run this in debug, using instructions here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60709
* Do you get a line like: " - TMSS|3 Loading Skill Profile: Default Profile.skp" in the console when you start the server?

Eh what can I say lol I tend to be really good at breaking things :rolleyes: I cant believe I posted that a month ago time flew by fast, I have since then removed it but am going to try putting it it... again.. lol so be prepared I'm probably going to break something.. and remember if you ever need anything crash tested.. you should probably give it to me :p

Iomega0318

Sorceror
whew.. Ok after working on this thing for like the past few hours I have finally got it in.. working.. and so far no errors!! YAY!!!.. I even put in the old Post Office system at the same time fixed those errors added the mailbox to existing players and put the mailbox in the banks of new ones!!! Gah now im going to bed lol.. But dont worry Ill probably break something for you later.. Also at line 600ish (mine was like 800ish) it wouldnt work with (m); so I had to use (newChar); and it all worked fine.. ok Im going to get some sleep now..

Oh one more thing where are all the console.writelines at? For like saved ect.. load ect.. It bugs me when my server gets full of all those, If I ever need them Ill just put them back on but can you let me know where it is all located? I have found some but I dont know if there the right ones since theres so many in like all the files

TMSTKSBK

Lord
hahahahahahaa...
You'll never disable them all that way. (there are probably a few hundred)

Open SkillSettings.cs, and scroll down to the bottom where it says "Debug", find the variable called "debugMode" (or DebugMode), and set it to false.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK said:
hahahahahahaa...
You'll never disable them all that way. (there are probably a few hundred)

Open SkillSettings.cs, and scroll down to the bottom where it says "Debug", find the variable called "debugMode" (or DebugMode), and set it to false.
lol already turned debug off but it still showed the load and save write lines, but that has been solved I just opened up some of the files till i found the load and save methods and commented out the write lines there and it all works great !!

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Well I'm back lol.. I told you I would break something, This is only on my test server so I figured I would throw it at you and see whats up, I have had no problems on my main server just yet but I thought this might be a problem later so I wanted to get it up now and see what went wrong..

Code:
[B]Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 5/23/2006 10:52:01 PM
Mobiles: 25
Items: 4637
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = LordOda) (mobile = 0x92F 'Lichking')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.TMSS.SkillProfileSelectGump.MakeGump()
   at Server.Items.SkillStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)[/B]

No information was displayed in the console, It didnt even send me a broadcast saying the server crashed it just restarted..

TMSTKSBK

Lord
master of breaking things returns...
I'll fix this tonight.

@Wonderland:
I don't know, I've never tried it. I don't see why they'd interfere with each other, so the answer is tentatively yes. More info on what you're doing with it would help me answer.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Eh what can I say lol I like to break things, and make other people fix them :)

To Wonderland:
It should be compatible you would have to look at the other scripts, but from
what I can see in both of these systems they should be able to co-exist..

To TMSTKSBK:
Thas good I have to work tonight anyways and wont be home till around midnight,
hope you finish it by then so I can break it again ;)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
so the question, before I go and kill myself, is did you install the patch?

(if you haven't, go read the bottom of the first post again...)

Iomega0318

Sorceror
... what patch lol, I will go and check

lalalala... after comparing the patch and my file i have concluded,
they do not match! I did not install the patch.. but I did now..
lol sorry bout that maybe you should just put it in the main file..
It could help in the future for idiots like me!
Ok off to see if I can break something else..

*EDIT*
And well what do you know lol I broke it again.. I installed the patch file,
but I dont think it works.. This is the crash report, same crash report
as the first one.. I dunno what I did wrong lol.. Can you help me fix it?

Code:
[B]Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 1.0.0, Build 36918
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 5/26/2006 1:13:48 AM
Mobiles: 20
Items: 4368
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = LordOda) (mobile = 0x92F 'Lichking')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.TMSS.SkillProfileSelectGump.MakeGump()
   at Server.Items.SkillStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)[/B]

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I need more info.

1. How many profiles do you have on your server.
2. How are you accessing the Select Gump.
3. Reproduction steps.
4. Run the reproduction in Debug Mode.

The reason I'm asking so many questions is this script was already dealt with...so I dunno what's going on.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
I am using one profile, the Deafault One
I D-Click the SkillStone and boom crash,
I will try to do that later tonight, but I
wont be home till later and will try it then..

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Aha.
That's quite interesting...thought I had that pretty well taken care of...
We shall look into this.

edit: yeahIhavenoideahowyoudidthat...

Code being referred to:

Code:
public void MakeGump()
		{
			Closable=true;
			Disposable=true;
			Dragable=true;
			Resizable=false;

AddPage(0);
			AddBackground( 45, 25, 470, 315, 5120 );
			AddImage( 0, 0, 10440 );
			AddHtml( 150, 40, 250, 30, "<basefont color=#FFFFFF>TMSS|3 - Please select a Profile</font>", false, false );

AddButton( 350, 309, 5214, 248, 3600, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 ); //New Profile Button
			AddLabel( 355, 308, 0, "New Profile" );

int numpages = SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames.Length/20;
			if( SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames.Length%10 != 0 )
			{
				numpages++;
			}
			int numprof = SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames.Length;
			for( int num = 0; num < numpages; num++ )
			{
				AddPage( num+1 );
				if( numprof - (num+1)*20 > 0 )
				{
					AddButton( 285, 310, 9702, 9703, 0, GumpButtonType.Page, num+2); //Next Page
					for( int i = 0; i < 20; i++ )
					{
						AddButton( (i>10?300:75), (i>10?i-10:i)*20+102, 1122, 1124, (num+1)*1000+i, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
						AddLabel(  (i>10?305:80), (i>10?i-10:i)*20+100, 0, SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames[i] );
					}
				}
				else
				{
					for( int i = 0; i < numprof - ( ( num )*20 ); i++)
					{
						AddButton( (i>10?300:75), (i>10?i-10:i)*20+102, 1122, 1124, (num+1)*1000+i, GumpButtonType.Reply, 0 );
						AddLabel(  (i>10?305:80), (i>10?i-10:i)*20+100, 0, SkillProfileHelper.ProfileNames[i] );
					}					
				}
				if( num > 0 )
				{
					AddButton( 260, 310, 9706, 9707, 0, GumpButtonType.Page, num); //Prev Page
				}
			}
		}

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Ok well I just got home from the movies X-3 was freaking awesome!!
Anyways lol I am going to bed for tonight don't feel like messing with the
server so let me know which "debug" mode you want me to run the server
in, the debug you have in the scripts, the cmd debug mode or both, let me
know and I will do it when I read your response.. Anyways off to bed night

TMSTKSBK

Lord
w00f.

I meant command line debug mode (Run the *server* in debug). But it can't hurt to run the system in debug mode, either.

Padriac

Wanderer
Ok, here's one for you!

We have 25 profiles on our shard. I added a 26th and attached it to a skillgate, but I am forever coming back and finding the gate gone and the profile with it!

Is this perhaps a condition you were not expecting - 25 or more profiles?

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Ok those problems were on my test shard lol.. I just got on my regular shard everything loaded fine didnt bother to d-click the skill stone saved some new items rebooted and now theres a serialization error with it lol.. Grrr!! Ok well I am about to run my server in debug mode and see what I can get you..