RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TM Skill System 3.0

Padriac

Wanderer
Ummm, still finding a problem

Many of the skills on that last page or not keeping and then all of a sudden all our profiles just disappeared! Our profile gump has no profiles on it and we had about 10!:confused:

TMSTKSBK

Lord
:confused:...disappeared?

That's...new. Have you tried restarting the shard?
Also, check the ~/RunUO/TMSS/SkillProfiles/ and see how many *.skp files there are. (They should have the same names as your profiles). If they're still there, restarting the shard should fix it. If they're not...well...someone got delete-happy. TMSS doesn't have any interface to delete files.

Padriac

Wanderer
OK, more info

We discovered this on our production shard and I loaded my test shard and had the same thing happen.

It appears that this happens somewhere between 8 and 10 profiles. When you make the next, none will show. The *.skp files are still there in the directory, and on rebooting runuo, the profiles in use are loading.

I also noticed that an information *.txt file is not always created.

As to the last page profile items. Anything past about mediation does not hold skill value or check mark.

Ok, just ran another test. If I delete a few profiles, I can see them in TMSS again. Once I recreate the 10th profile, none show in the profile helper.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
OK!

Here's the quick and dirty fix for the select gump for profiles. I haven't gotten to the skills gump yet.

(In patch on front page)

Padriac

Wanderer
Ok, you are almost there!

You need to get out the lazer sword for this one!

The last 4 skills on the last page are the only ones that will not hold. Those 4 are on the second collumn and are: Focus, Chivalry, Bushido and Ninjitsu. If it were just the last 2 I'd say let it be, but someone way want Chivalry and focus!

The other problem went away. I see all of my profiles now and am up to 14 profiles. When I first came into TMSS after this patch, I did not see my profiles, but as soon as I created a new one, they all reappeared!

Padriac

Wanderer
All fixed!

And you already got my vote! Thanks again for all your hard work. Our players will enjoy the new class system we are using this for!:D

TMSTKSBK

Lord
You're using it for a class system?
ZOMG! I was hoping someone would get around to using it for that. That's the entire purpose behind Profiles!
BTW, Padriac -- I'm thinking of implementing an optional "copy protection" feature on Profiles for TMSS 4. What do you think about that?

Padriac

Wanderer
Copy proetection? Please explain.

I tried to bring up your profile tutorial, but could not get the site to load. Is there a way to delete a profile once you have created it?

TMSTKSBK said:
You're using it for a class system?
ZOMG! I was hoping someone would get around to using it for that. That's the entire purpose behind Profiles!
BTW, Padriac -- I'm thinking of implementing an optional "copy protection" feature on Profiles for TMSS 4. What do you think about that?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Heh.

Yeah my website is down >_<

Easiest way to delete a profile is to SHUT DOWN the shard, delete the .skp file that you don't want, and restart. Make sure any items using that profile are set to something different or deleted, though.

Copy protection would take a password and some random vital stats from your shard, and generate a hash key. You could regenerate it if necessary, or you can start the shard and turn off protection for a given profile, then re-save it to port it to a different shard. Probably will work in part off the IP and port from serverlist.cs, with a couple of other things.

Anywhat, the purpose would be to keep other shards from stealing carefully tweaked profiles.