RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To Ryan, Krrios, Zippy and the rest of the dev team.

Can't help but to enforce positivity.

On behalf of the development team here at the 'undisclosed' project and myself I thank the devs of runuo for their continued effort to make this emulator possible.

We will strive to create yet another shard as a tribute to runuo excellence.

tejster24

Sorceror
Imagine a world with no RunUO.
We'd be stuck with buggy shards running rampant, exploits everywhere.
Now, go and download the latest version of <another emulator>, try it, and find out for yourself why RunUO is called the BEST UO SERVER THERE IS.

damionmarcus

Wanderer
I ran one of the "other" servers for 4 years. There were some good things about it and some bad things(but all in all its all about the fun you have doing it). Finally someone talked my stubborn a** into trying a RunUO server, and I haven't looked back since. All of this wouldnt have possible without Ryan and the RunUO dev team.
So a big
"Thank You!!"
From The Exiled Lands and Crew, and Keep up the AWESOME work! :cool:

Agetian

Wanderer
And thanks again from RunUO users in Stavropol (Russia). Without RunUO we would have never been able to experience such an incredible game as Ultima Online, finally customizable to such a great extent! Long live RunUO!
I apologize if I said something wrong before...

- Agetian, Daarn, Daren, Hawk, Aulon and Regresso (Russia)

Crowley62

Sorceror
I also would like to send a big thanks to everyone who works on making runuo the best emulator ever and thx for running these boards becase without the help here i would be lost. THANK YOU very much :D

Snowy

Sorceror
Is someone giving you guys grief and not respect? I am Lady Snowy of Silver Mist, and I have nothing but respect for the work you do with RunUO and Gateway. The hours of enjoyment you have provided to UO addicts are innumerable!

I played OSI for three years and then came to play on Silver Mist through Gateway and RunUO, and now I spend about 95% of my gaming time there. Your contributions are "awesome" and I bow to your extraordinary efforts in building and maintaining the setup. I am not a programmer, but I know good when I see it. You guys are GOOD! Happy Thanksgiving from us at Silver Mist!

floppydisc

Sorceror
Thanks from the whole DragonCastle playerbase and staff and especially from myself. Your great piece of software brought me to UO, and most important - to C# ;-)
I really learned a lot from what you have achieved with this emulator.
T H A N K Y O U F O R G I V I N G U S R U N U O !! !! !!

Karami

Wanderer
Thank you from all at myownone 2 shard :) will like what you have done and will keep supporting you as well!

I'ld like to start by saying I am one of the quiet ones who really appreciates what has been provided here. I'm not a subscriber. I'm just a poor college student without any parents to provide any extra money. In fact if my dad knew I had any money at all he would come out of hiding to ask me for some. Enough about me, though.

I find it sad what Ryan's post degenerated into. Why, as humans, are we so short-sighted that we can't see beyond ourselves?

I once heard a funny line about some players complaining about a free shard, "If you don't like it you can always ask for your money back." I always thought that was funny and think it suits the non-subscriber complainers here.

On to what I really wanted to say. I have been playing UO for about 5 years now. I LOVE to role-play. I have been on a few shards run by Sphere and POL and I think RunUO is amazing. I am a developer on a shard that has been in the works for over a year now. Like others here I didn't know much about programming. In fact what I did know had been so outdated it's even worth mentioning.

I really hope that RunUO remains. There is most likely a large silent group that really appreciates what has been put together here. For all of those in that group I am willing to bet there are 2 people who appreciate RunUO who have never even been to this site.

In closing, Ryan, I hope that whatever fire gave you the ambition to put this project together finds you again. I love what has come from it as well as what I have learned from it. In fact, RunUO even lead to me deciding on working on a double degree by adding Computer Science to my originally chosen major of Mathematics.

Ryan, thanks for allowing all of us silent subscribers and non-subscribers to enjoy the masterpiece you have created for us.

-Dwayne

L

Link101

Well, its been aboot 1 1/2 years ive been useing runuo,and i must say that this is the best program outthere. thank you ryan kirros and zippy for the develupment of runuo
LONG LIVE RUNUO

Spudz777

Sorceror
Having been through six/seven/more years of on again-off again UO playing, and tried out more emulators than I care to recall (several UOX versions, sphere, orb, ...), I say without reservation that RunUO is the most stable, easiest, and fastest emu out there. While my shard will most likely stay private, I'm proud to be using Ryan's work. I missed all the excitement (having only installed RunUO about two days ago for the first time), but this emu belongs to Ryan and the Devs, no one else. No one has the right to the source code save by their permission. Whatever happens, happens, but Ryan (and Devs), know that many rational individuals (even complete newbies like me) are incredibly grateful for this wonderful gift of your time and effort.

mikial

Sorceror
I got lost in the other thread also but just wanted to say HATS OFF TO ALL OF YOU AT RUNUO, and again I really appriciate what you have done and the Great things that you have done for us, and allowing us to share in your project.

tarzan

Wanderer
well i am a little late for this thread but yeah thanks
abcuo, abyss reborn hell for the 3 years i have been tooling with runuo in itself
good job guys,keep it coming
[/asskissing]