RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uo Gateway (Mods)

Uo Gateway (Mods)

Its seem that UoGateway hasnt been activating shards for sometime now I know I have waited 3+ Weeks I think thats just Unfair and have so many that agree, the mods there said they give up and there not going to activate shards anymore because of the bullshit. You can go to this link www.uogateway.com and read up for yourself and see that the action they are taking is making it unfair for shard admins who wish to activate there shards and get them public.

Now I really want to get my shard public any other option I can take.

Is runuo team going to make a gateway like Uogateway ??

And if so could I please have a date

Thanks

Phantom

Knight
HardCore_Gamers said:
Its seem that UoGateway hasnt been activating shards for sometime now I know I have waited 3+ Weeks I think thats just Unfair and have so many that agree, the mods there said they give up and there not going to activate shards anymore because of the bullshit. You can go to this link www.uogateway.com and read up for yourself and see that the action they are taking is making it unfair for shard admins who wish to activate there shards and get them public.

Now I really want to get my shard public any other option I can take.

Is runuo team going to make a gateway like Uogateway ??

And if so could I please have a date

Thanks

Both moderators are busy, how is it unfair if they do not have the time to activate shards at this given point in time?

Phantom said:
Both moderators are busy, how is it unfair if they do not have the time to activate shards at this given point in time?

I really dont care if there busy, thats what the mods have been saying for to long when are they going to make time to activate?? theres like a build up of 30+ shards wating to get re actiavted or wating to get activated

When you have to wait 2+ weeks there somthing wrong

When you have to wait 10+ weeks with it on the list and no violations just means they dont care anymore and uog is no longer a option.

Im just telling it the way it is .

No need to get all bitter about it also I said I was looking for more options because uog is going to fall soon.

put it this way what if uoGamers has some downtime and needs to re-actiavte how can they do so if the mods are busy 24/7

you know yourself theres a huge build up of shards waiting to get activated

And I know there having some problems because today when I tryed to get into local server it wouldnt let me.

we all need to find another option soon

Hope connectuo is ready soon...

WarAngel

Wanderer
HardCore_Gamers said:
I really dont care if there busy, thats what the mods have been saying for to long when are they going to make time to activate?? theres like a build up of 30+ shards wating to get re actiavted or wating to get activated

When you have to wait 10+ weeks with it on the list and no violations just means they dont care anymore and uog is no longer a option.

No need to get all bitter about it also I said I was looking for more options because uog is going to fall soon.

put it this way what if uoGamers has some downtime and needs to re-actiavte how can they do so if the mods are busy 24/7

And I know there having some problems because today when I tryed to get into local server it wouldnt let me.

It's really effective to whine about someone on forums they don't read. That will really get their attention.

WarAngel said:
It's really effective to whine about someone on forums they don't read. That will really get their attention.
How can one get (irl) busy ppl's attention on a forum? :confused: [/Advocatis Diaboli]

Phantom

Knight
HardCore_Gamers said:

You have to wait a few weeks, 99% of the shards who want to be activated SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ACTIVATED since they are not even ready.

Phantom said:
You have to wait a few weeks, 99% of the shards who want to be activated SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ACTIVATED since they are not even ready.
Not being ready shouldn't be a reason, really... Only violations of certain rules i.e. no contact info should be a reason not to activate a shard.

When I played I didn't actually search for a shard that was ready, but for one with a honestly dedicated admin. If the admin/staff is dedicated and let's say there is something bad about the spawns or scripts they will fix it.

Phantom

Knight
Kamuflaro said:
Not being ready shouldn't be a reason, really... Only violations of certain rules i.e. no contact info should be a reason not to activate a shard.

When I played I didn't actually search for a shard that was ready, but for one with a honestly dedicated admin. If the admin/staff is dedicated and let's say there is something bad about the spawns or scripts they will fix it.

My point is that, not be activated is actually a good thing for all these shards, because they can take the time to do the things they need to do.

Aulus

Wanderer
I posted my shard on UOGateway to request activation, I had a violation, so got that fixed, then it was just a simple matter of waiting, when a shard has been in development for months (possibly even years), theres really no harm waiting an extra couple of weeks.

Two weeks or so after I requested activation, I was activated. Complaining wont help you, its not going to make the mods move any faster. While I do think the mods could do a better job, or if they dont have time to they could find someone who does, but the fact is it's their thing and at the moment its really your only option.

Patience is a virtue.... even if it doesnt have a shrine in UO.

Phantom

Knight
Aulus said:
I posted my shard on UOGateway to request activation, I had a violation, so got that fixed, then it was just a simple matter of waiting, when a shard has been in development for months (possibly even years), theres really no harm waiting an extra couple of weeks.

Two weeks or so after I requested activation, I was activated. Complaining wont help you, its not going to make the mods move any faster. While I do think the mods could do a better job, or if they dont have time to they could find someone who does, but the fact is it's their thing and at the moment its really your only option.

Patience is a virtue.... even if it doesnt have a shrine in UO.

The thing is, the moderators do have the time, they just don't have alot of time and get upset when people expect things from them.

Aulus

Wanderer
Well thats fair enough, I don't spend alot of time on the UOG boards, but I expect people know this... I find it hard to understand why people cant accept it.

If someone wants something from you on the shard your working on, and you dont have time to do it right away, do they start bitching about you and complaining that you don't do things when you've told them you dont have time?

The mods are clearly activating shards, after all mine got activated, so again its a case of waiting... I did see a few people complaining that they were not getting activated on the UOG forums and I believe someone pointed out that complaining about it would only make the process take even longer. My advice for anyone wanting to get activated on UOG - make sure you have no violations, and make sure your in no rush to get listed... you will get activated eventually I'm sure, just give them some time.

orgis

Wanderer
there is more than one way to get ppl to use uogateway to connect to your shard, ie the uog link nad you can even post up the info for the settings in uog, only thing is you wont be on the list

Im really not trying to make a (point) at first I was looking for other options.

If I wanted to make a point I would post on (uog) not !RunUo!.:rolleyes:

Also your right they arent (picking and choosing)

All there doing is letting the list build and build but thats not my problem.

And if you look at my web site and scroll down I gave another option for the players to contact the hcg staff to get thee information to log on.

So really I dont care anymore.

Just have to wait for connectuo.....:cool:

orgis said:
there is more than one way to get ppl to use uogateway to connect to your shard, ie the uog link nad you can even post up the info for the settings in uog, only thing is you wont be on the list

Yeah I heard about that can you tell me how I can do this

will it work if I have patches??

GPXtC02

Wanderer
Phantom said:
That is your opinion, and since you have the impressively natural talent of making an ass of yourself, it means very little.

Phantom

Knight
HardCore_Gamers said:
Yeah I heard about that can you tell me how I can do this

will it work if I have patches??

It will not work with patches.

GPXtC02

I am sorry you have such a negative view of me, but I don't think somebody who attacks the UO Gateway moderators should be allowed to be listed on UO Gateway, and I plan to make that view public.

GPXtC02 said:
That is your opinion, and since you have the impressively natural talent of making an ass of yourself, it means very little.

+ Karma For GPXtC02 :)

The fact is I want players to see my new map and try it out and see what they think im not trying to turn this into one huge flame. what other options do I have razor I Know this but how would I add a custom uog link??

And Thanks D.A / WarAangle for the - karam :mad:

Phantom

Knight
The fact is I want players to see my new map and try it out and see what they think im not trying to turn this into one huge flame. what other options do I have razor I Know this but how would I add a custom uog link??

I could tell you I suppose, would involve helping somebody I disagree with.

You need to know your UOG Hash id, in order to make a link that will be added to your custom list.

But you need to be activated to do this, so another solution is tell people who to add it by hand to UOG