RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UO's Next expansion pack...

Tintamar said:
I agree with previous poster, if their going to start adding races in add more then just elves.

Wonder if its going to bring in new paperdoll art or just new skills like previous expansions.

I seriously think EA has been poking around on player shards. OSI is begining to look more and more like a player shard lately with all the hues and stuff. What better place to get ideas from then shards ran by players. EA probably thankfull for RunUO to give them ideas of what the players really want.

Man you hit the nail on the head. I was a Councelor and Companion for EA for over 6 years and got banned for impersonating an EA rep LoL this just shows that they will try to keep people quiet about the goings on with in EA. they are and I mean ARE coming to the player shards and stealing our ideas, thats not a problem for me, The problem I see is the way they run their program, the Terms of Service they have is BS. But anyway to the UOML aspect. Some of the new items will be nice t oscript into our servers, but.. as for using them I personally will have a museum display for most because of the big unbalance they will cause for hardcore players in pvp and pvm.. I see this latest expansion as a last ditch effort by EA to bring up their player base. Their stock has fallen sharply in the past 18 months and is not doing much of a rebound. and with all the Devs that have left things dont look good inside EA. for those of you who did play on OSI shards I was a friend of Sannio and Hanse, and after they left My days were numbered, even tho I was only a volounteer after they nerfed the Councelors program, I stayed a Companion, so I was one of the accounts that had to go. because I knew to much about the Game and Admins, and what was going on with certian GM's and e-bay guilds and brokers... I personaly had an unnamed GM give me a full set of armor of the Phoenix in 2001 SO i know it happens. but look at it like this .... let them build the expansions for us. all we gotta do it emulate it and tear it apart and take off with it.

Quicksilver

Sorceror
Macil said:
Gah! Here I was hoping for a brand new graphics engine so UO didn't look so unbearably out dated. Perhaps a TRUE 3D engine. But noooooo. They give us ELVES! *Dies*

*Begins plotting a way to infiltrate and take over EA*

:D

http://ultimairis.sourceforge.net/portal/site.php

If the emulator developers could embrace something like Iris, and really develop and expand on it, it could push the freeshard community so far above and beyond what OSI develops.

weaselboy246

Wanderer
Quicksilver said:
http://ultimairis.sourceforge.net/portal/site.php

If the emulator developers could embrace something like Iris, and really develop and expand on it, it could push the freeshard community so far above and beyond what OSI develops.

Darn, you beat me to it.... was gonna say that,
I tried Ultima Iris, and it has came a long way from last time i tried it back when Sphere was the only thing it worked on. It now works with RunUO and the map is indeed 3D, the building are 3D, but most of the items are a piece of s**t graphic. The Gumps are also f**ked up entirely, like you cannot close them by right-clicking them. But, in due time Ultima Iris will be the one client that everyone who is complaining about the graphics on the 2D clients will be wanting to play on. So, if you indeed wish for OSI to really do a 3D client, tough luck they suck. Support Ultima Iris and develop the 3D models they are asking people to do. Ultima Iris will be the UO of the future.:rolleyes:

bzk90

Lord
weaselboy246 said:
Darn, you beat me to it.... was gonna say that,
I tried Ultima Iris, and it has came a long way from last time i tried it back when Sphere was the only thing it worked on. It now works with RunUO and the map is indeed 3D, the building are 3D, but most of the items are a piece of s**t graphic. The Gumps are also f**ked up entirely, like you cannot close them by right-clicking them. But, in due time Ultima Iris will be the one client that everyone who is complaining about the graphics on the 2D clients will be wanting to play on. So, if you indeed wish for OSI to really do a 3D client, tough luck they suck. Support Ultima Iris and develop the 3D models they are asking people to do. Ultima Iris will be the UO of the future.:rolleyes:

of course somethings are "fucked up" its in beta

SiENcE

Sorceror
Hey,

we already know the bugs and problems with Iris. We develop Iris for free in our freetime. We have also a real Job and very little time to Develop Iris.
If you want a better Client support us with 3d artists (you can also get our Developer Tools from our website), Coders and Testers.

Why is no Shard out there who wants to develop an Iris only shard without UO limitations ?
A 2D <-> 3D Iris Shard is a really bad Idea!

If you think Iris is the future of UO than dont waste time....please HELP.

For thoose people who prefer 2d...we have also a 2d proof of concept renderer included. But not supported anyway.

If you want...develop this 2D part of Iris.

Ask me for Infos.

THANKs^SiENcE^Iris Team

Darkadia

Wanderer
SiENcE said:
If you want a better Client support us with 3d artists (you can also get our Developer Tools from our website), Coders and Testers.

Why is no Shard out there who wants to develop an Iris only shard without UO limitations ?
A 2D <-> 3D Iris Shard is a really bad Idea!

I feel I should be somewhat offended by the reference to there being NO shard wishing to use only Iris... That's exactly what I IM'ed you saying I want to do with Darkadia. And, of course, I'm doing 3d artwork for the Iris client... No offense taken or anything, just try not to forget your supporters...

SiENcE

Sorceror
If you create new 3D Artwork or GFX for Iris...send it to us an we will include it into our next release. (and you are also listed in the credits ;-)

Viceroy

Wanderer
Hehehe, I quite frankly can't believe people are still talking about this and everything :p I know people are still reading this thread and still talking about it because I keep getting URL referrers from this thread to our site :p

Anyhow, I am glad we were able to broadcast this event live to the Ultima Online community even those who do not play on OSI' official server. Just as an FYI, you guys can check out the pictures taken at the event on OSI' official website as seen here : http://uo.com/townhall_dc.html . You can also see a bunch of these pictures in which were taken from all the UO Town Hall Meetings this year with the exception of the Portland, Oregon UO Town Hall Meeting on our website at http://www.uoradio.com in which can be found in our Photo Gallery.

In addition to this, we have a downloadable copy of the London UO Town Hall Meeting and Tokyo UO Town Hall Meeting recordings available on our website in our download section at http://www.uoradio.com , however you must be a registered member of our website in order to download it.

If you would like a direct link to a recorded copy of the Washington D.C. UO Town Hall Meeting recording in which was broadcasted live on UORadio.com, you can go to http://www.uo.com/downloads/Townhall-WashingtonDC.mp3 and download it from there and if you have a problem with that link you can once again download it from the UORadio.com website. Which ever works best for you I suppose.

Definitely was a very exciting event for both UORadio.com and the Ultima Online community as a whole.