RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOSA Classic

LordHogFred

Knight
Mideon;810501 said:
Anyone know how to have a look at the UOSA classic art files?

I've tried a few tools but most seem to be having problems with a good many of the muls.

The latest SVN of UOFiddler will show them :)

jokik

Sorceror
aventae;810492 said:
don't believe the source is available, and in one post Wyatt does mention he isn't releasing the source. *shrug*

Oh and btw i tried to checkout their KR/SA launcher, Just to warn others (Cheese2.0) has a trojan attached to the loader.exe , Found by Avira AntiVir Personal - AntiVirus program. So if you have downloaded it ohttp://www.runuo.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=810492r plan on downloading it. May wanna check your computer for trojan or dont bother downlaoding it.

anyhow, Anyone know of a more legit fork working on the SA Client (Sa Support)? no point in supporting the KR client since they are dumping it, from what i have read from a few posts.

dont mean to take sides or anything but cheese 2.0 has no trojan , i have scanned , i used it but unfortunately i could get to character screen. although i was able to see my server. i asked wyatt what the problem is and he said they changed packets to bx9 or something like that at a certain patch. im reinstalling my KR and will tell you guys if it works. i will also test it on the UO:SA client and tell you of the results:cool:

jokik

Sorceror
jokik;810541 said:
dont mean to take sides or anything but cheese 2.0 has no trojan , i have scanned , i used it but unfortunately i could get to character screen. although i was able to see my server. i asked wyatt what the problem is and he said they changed packets to bx9 or something like that at a certain patch. im reinstalling my KR and will tell you guys if it works. i will also test it on the UO:SA client and tell you of the results:cool:

ok my setup was past that of the required client.

Code:
they changed 0xB9 packet since 6.14.0.2 2D/2.0.59.2 KR

my setup was 2.53.0.2 KR, i had a try with my uo:Sa , same happened could get to my serverlist , i could see my server with latency ect but trying to log in closes the client. will retry when i find out how to change packets to b9.:cool:

Asqwed

Wanderer
aventae;810551 said:
not about taking sides jokik, point is Avira is a reliable anti-virus program and i wouldn't mentioned Cheese launcher having a Trojan, unless in fact my anti-virus program hadn't detected it.

If your anti virus didn't detect a trojan, then i would suggest updating your anti-virus software.

for Anti-Virus Software and other Tools: FileHippo.com - Download Free Software
AntiVir is not a bad anti-virus overall. But it has a quite high false positive rate too. IMHO if ever in doubt about a certain file check it with virustotal.com.

loader.exe - Virustotal. MD5: 5b3de3306fba443ab46962af2bcdd2a7 Heuristic.BehavesLike.Win32.CodeInjection.L TR/Hijacker.Gen

Result: 2/41 most of the time means that its a false positive.

x-ray

Wanderer
aventae;810492 said:
Oh and btw i tried to checkout their KR/SA launcher, Just to warn others (Cheese2.0) has a trojan attached to the loader.exe , Found by Avira AntiVir Personal - AntiVirus program. So if you have downloaded it or plan on downloading it. May wanna check your computer for trojan or dont bother downlaoding it.

Bullshit. Anyone smart enough understand - its impossible to put fully functional trojan in 3 kb(!) (including exe-header, section alligment, iat, etc) peace of code. Anyway, you can use disassembler and make sure - no trojans :) Take my advice as a system programmer - get rid of the avira and take something more adequate.

WBR, author of the cheese loader

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
x-ray;810636 said:
Bullshit. Anyone smart enough understand - its impossible to put fully functional trojan in 3 kb(!) (including exe-header, section alligment, iat, etc) peace of code. Anyway, you can use disassembler and make sure - no trojans :) Take my advice as a system programmer - get rid of the avira and take something more adequate.

WBR, author of the cheese loader

Avira is fine but hey your the "system programmer" What would you call more adequate? AVG? or better yet Norton. Anti-Virus is personal preference. Just because you don't like Avira doesn't mean you have to convert everyone using it to something different.

Why is it that software is like religions everyone wants to convert everyone to what they think is right.

Mideon

Page
Garret;810615 said:
aventae, uop is a mythic package.
Use uop unpacker.

Ya I tried Michaelangelo too and it didn't work :p

I snagged the UOP Unpacker....but what exactly does this thing do? It's outputting a ton of .RAW files. Are these mul files? Are they image files? I can't quite tell.

jokik

Sorceror
aventae;810551 said:
not about taking sides jokik, point is Avira is a reliable anti-virus program and i wouldn't mentioned Cheese launcher having a Trojan, unless in fact my anti-virus program hadn't detected it.

If your anti virus didn't detect a trojan, then i would suggest updating your anti-virus software.

for Anti-Virus Software and other Tools: FileHippo.com - Download Free Software

i use eset nod32 and have never had any problems with viruses, it detects every time. im telling you , break down the code , its only classing it as a trojan because it does the same as a trojan would , i have ran it and scanned it over and over , no trojan over here. even if it was a trojan wouldnt it be bigger than the 5.1kb it is. get a grip.

so next time , if you think theres a trojan , please dont say 'Just to warn others (Cheese2.0) has a trojan attached to the loader.exe' say , Just to warn others, my antivirus picked Cheese2.0 up as threat, you might want to scan first.

then dont come out with crap like , point is Avira is a reliable anti-virus program , when so many users already use cheese , including me.

sorry if i seem in bad mood , my guitar string snapped 10 mins ago halfway through a song :mad::mad:

Garret

Sorceror
Mideon;810647 said:
Ya I tried Michaelangelo too and it didn't work :p

I snagged the UOP Unpacker....but what exactly does this thing do? It's outputting a ton of .RAW files. Are these mul files? Are they image files? I can't quite tell.

What version of unpacker you used and what archive you extracted?
There is no mul files in uop. dds, xml, lua, some other.

p.s. Links Original UOP Unpacker 0.2 are dead. I'll post it's sources in some time.

x-ray

Wanderer
Corpsecrank;810643 said:
Avira is fine but hey your the "system programmer" What would you call more adequate? AVG? or better yet Norton. Anti-Virus is personal preference. Just because you don't like Avira doesn't mean you have to convert everyone using it to something different.

Why is it that software is like religions everyone wants to convert everyone to what they think is right.

Just because every software had an api call to CreateRemoteThread in conjunction with LoadLibrary will be treated by this great av software as a potential trojan. False alarm rate too high. The end of story. Curtain.

Calm down, crusader. You can use everything you like, i dont care (even if 1000 trojan horses will trample you down :p ;)) and i am here not to statisfy you or anybody else. Not interesting , have a better things to do. Did you see the name 'x-ray' at the post ? This means just my humble opinion.

WBR