RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UOSA Classic

Jeff

Lord
Dezorza;809205 said:
the old art is in those files yes but not the new SA art

Considering the Art.mul for ML is 65MB and its 145MB for SA client... i think you are wrong...I think the only difference is with animations, looks like those are stored in the UOP files, but who cares as far as RunUO is concerned.

Dezorza

Wanderer
Jeff;809223 said:
Considering the Art.mul for ML is 65MB and its 145MB for SA client... i think you are wrong...I think the only difference is with animations, looks like those are stored in the UOP files, but who cares as far as RunUO is concerned.

I care because I use alot of custom art, anims aswell as a custom map on my shard. I think that the variance of the file size is strange too and by the looks of it they have filled all the blank slots that were left in art.mul with unused tile BMP files.

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
I agree the move to .uop with new animations does matter for runuo users. It means we cannot enable those animations on runuo until significant changes are made so we will not be able to fully emulate the SA expansion content until we have the proper tools and updates.

On the other hand once we can use those formats we can probably pack new art and animations into those files instead of into the old mul files. I would also be willing to bet that the new animations contain more frames than legacy animations did. I could be wrong on that part but it would make sense.

Jeff

Lord
Dezorza;809228 said:
I care because I use alot of custom art, anims aswell as a custom map on my shard. I think that the variance of the file size is strange too and by the looks of it they have filled all the blank slots that were left in art.mul with unused tile BMP files.

Point is, from a RunUO standpoint... we don't really care to much about Animations...you having Custom Artwork, isnt really RunUO related.

RadstaR

Sorceror
there

Garret;809245 said:
New SA art is in art.mul, you just don't figure out how to find it.
turley;809197 said:
osi removed the whole unused chartest entries (0x8000-0x10000) and added more art images. You can now have up to 0x8000 arts (0x0-0x3FFF landtile, 0x4000-0xC000 art) thus tiledata & radarcolor is also bigger.
About animations, it seems that all new animations are inside the uop files, I cant find any new graphics inside the old anim*.muls

Jeff

Lord
Additionally i doubt the RunUO team will even provide support for SA (i could be wrong), but since we didn't support KR... why move to SA too?

LordHogFred

Knight
Don't spose anyone has a compiled version of the new UoFiddler SVN?
I can't compile it atm cos I'm ou of the country and my laptop hasn't got VS2009 on it.

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
Jeff;809251 said:
Point is, from a RunUO standpoint... we don't really care to much about Animations...you having Custom Artwork, isnt really RunUO related.

But isn't being able to fully emulate UO one of the goals of RunUO? Or did everything stop at ML and RunUO will no longer officially support new expansions?

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
That's what I thought. So then nothing SA related matters. Even so I still think there are a lot of people who are going to want to emulate this expansion and emulating the expansion does not mean support for the new SA client. The client I want to use is the new SA Classic not the replacement for KR. I still think that UO 2D was and always will be UO.

Jeff

Lord
Corpsecrank;809299 said:
That's what I thought. So then nothing SA related matters. Even so I still think there are a lot of people who are going to want to emulate this expansion and emulating the expansion does not mean support for the new SA client. The client I want to use is the new SA Classic not the replacement for KR. I still think that UO 2D was and always will be UO.

Im sure the runuo team will try to keep support for the latest client as far as encryption and shit goes..

jack trades

Wanderer
What will happen if the developers move ahead and convert all files to the new format? The runuo team would have to update then. A tester said that this is their goal stated on beta board.

jack trades;809309 said:
What will happen if the developers move ahead and convert all files to the new format? The runuo team would have to update then. A tester said that this is their goal stated on beta board.

they wouldn't "have to do" anything at all....

Thilgon

Sorceror
well, actually, file format doesn't matter at all, as long as we are speaking about runuo.
only support i am hoping for is for razor with the new encryption, and just the minimum with SA 2D, like manage the third race and the new skills basics, that is fundamentally what requires to modify the runuo core itself...
the rest, like adding equipments and monsters, well, that i could do it myself...

besides, i've took a look at the files...
art.mul has been completely redone, it is a lot bigger since it has the "empty slot" graphic inserted everywhere... seems like they took out something from there, removed the test animation from the bottom, and expanded it, wich means, lot of places to put customs... wonder if that art.mul and tiledata.mul could be read by the older client :rolleyes:
garg's house tiles seems nice, anyway...
new anims seems to stay in the .uop files, but bodyconv.def reads them like they stay in anim5.mul ;)
garg's gumps can also be used (with an appropriate animation switch) for normal races, since the paperdoll is exactly of the same size...

people that made SA seems to don't like the solutions previously used in SE and ML, they removed LOTS of SE duplicates and totally removed the "equip that change appearance based on race" thing that was with elven heads and helms lol...

still have to get a closer look, but if i find a way to use the new client things even with an older client, well, that means fun!
(by the way, they didn't touched at all the places where anyone could have put in custom data, so you could just plop your things into the new files and go lol)

Corpsecrank

Sorceror
The new client has a lot of differences from the older client and I think that the biggest reason for that is because they are using a new set of tools. I think in the future the classic client will slowly be changed over to a newer format so that they can use the same tools to develop both the classic and the new client.

Alex21

Sorceror
Jeff;809265 said:
Additionally i doubt the RunUO team will even provide support for SA (i could be wrong), but since we didn't support KR... why move to SA too?

SA seems nice, just a lil extra spice t make those old graphics seem extra nice.

jeremymcc

Sorceror
would it be ok if people who wanted to make their own runuo with support for the new expansions and/or clients to start their own project? something like a RunUOSA or whatever. i always thought it would be kind of interesting to have more than one RunUO project focusing on a particular version or era of UO. ie: one project focused on pre-aos, one focused on aos through ml or something of the sort, and one for sa and the new clients.

of course, i'm not saying the runuo team should do all of that...they'd probably just focus on the one that they liked best. but if anyone else wanted to work on their own version of runuo would that be ok? just curious.