RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...not a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Update...not a good one.

Ya so me and my girlfriend as I am sure most of you know cannot see each other simply for the fact that she is 15 i am 17, and her stepmom is a deeply religous bitch. Well the only real way we have been able to see each other, is for me to meet her before school. Bad Idea.

She called me from school today to tell me that they called her to the office, told me that they knew that she had been sneaking off and that they ran my plates and knew everything about me. She said that they can't tell her dad who I am because I am under 18, but she can tell them that she has been with a friend.

So essentially, I and/or her are fucked. We will stay together, but there is the possibility I get in trouble or her dad finds out and kills me.

Lol, her dad cant touch ya for the same reason the school cant tell them who you are. I wouldnt worry about it too much, you found a way around it the first time yes? Where theres a will theres a way as the old saying goes.

Tru

Knight
You are simply playing the same game that has been played since little boys chased little girls.....just don't get caught!:)

PerfectWing

Wanderer
At 17 she is legally able to date anyone she chooses. The parents can make this very difficult in the sense that she "still lives under this roof and will abide by these rules", however, they can't do anything through any justice system to you.

Your parents could do something to her, if I'm not mistaken. But, I don't see that as an issue here.

My girlfriend is 18, I am 22. I was 21 when we started dating. Her mom gave her permission to see me, which in my opinion, was her word that she wouldn't change it up down the road for us. Well, it was about a month after we started seeing each other, that she decides we see each other -too- much. I went out to have a chat with her mom about this and it turned into a dispute, since we're basically competing for her daughters time. The tides turned when she admitted that her daughter would get outraged if her mom told her she couldn't see me that day. (I never knew this before, I just thought she had other stuff to do.)
I explained to her that if it was that important that she see me whenever possible and whenever I'm available and willing to be with her, which is essentially all the time, that if it came down to it. I'd offer her an alternative place to live (with me obviously). I told her I didn't want it to come down to that, because I doubt I had the financial backing at this time to support both of us, sometimes I'm struggling to support just myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to try. We're about halfway to five months together and currently looking forward to the rest of our lives together. (If it turns out that way.) Her mom has been very much less oppressive since.

Obviously, you being 15, this option isn't as available to you as it is me. But, taking a firm stand for what you want is something I was raised to do.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
PerfectWing said:
At 17 she is legally able to date anyone she chooses. The parents can make this very difficult in the sense that she "still lives under this roof and will abide by these rules", however, they can't do anything through any justice system to you.

Your parents could do something to her, if I'm not mistaken. But, I don't see that as an issue here.

My girlfriend is 18, I am 22. I was 21 when we started dating. Her mom gave her permission to see me, which in my opinion, was her word that she wouldn't change it up down the road for us. Well, it was about a month after we started seeing each other, that she decides we see each other -too- much. I went out to have a chat with her mom about this and it turned into a dispute, since we're basically competing for her daughters time. The tides turned when she admitted that her daughter would get outraged if her mom told her she couldn't see me that day. (I never knew this before, I just thought she had other stuff to do.)
I explained to her that if it was that important that she see me whenever possible and whenever I'm available and willing to be with her, which is essentially all the time, that if it came down to it. I'd offer her an alternative place to live (with me obviously). I told her I didn't want it to come down to that, because I doubt I had the financial backing at this time to support both of us, sometimes I'm struggling to support just myself, but I wouldn't hesitate to try. We're about halfway to five months together and currently looking forward to the rest of our lives together. (If it turns out that way.) Her mom has been very much less oppressive since.

Obviously, you being 15, this option isn't as available to you as it is me. But, taking a firm stand for what you want is something I was raised to do.
*points to age*

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Not my school.

Uopdate again, she told her dad it was one of her girl friends he believed her, but now she thinks the lady told him that she was lying and she may have told him my name...

Avelyn

Sorceror
In Fla with those ages the only thing he could do would be to prevent you from seeing her (or kill you!). However since the consent age in Fla is 16, if you turn 18 before she turns 16, he can press charges after your next birthday until her birthday. So be careful and try not to piss him off too much.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Can anyone find me any information about the schools right to both a) run my plates and b) tell him my information?

I'm having a hard time finding anything.

Nochte

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
Can anyone find me any information about the schools right to both a) run my plates and b) tell him my information?

I'm having a hard time finding anything.

What state are you in?
Edit: Nevermind, just noticed "florida." It depends on where you were and what you were doing. Do you not attend the school? Did you go onto the campus (parking lot included)? If so, they had every right to run your plates to obtain you identity. They can't divulge information abut your identity, though, because you are a minor.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Unfortunately, "rights" are irrelevent in this particular case. Even if they have broken some law, you have to prove they have done what you claim, and you also have to find someone that cares about what they've done if you can prove it.

I'm not defending any actions, just stating reality. Law and what really happens are frequently nowhere near in relation to each other.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Oh, I see, I think I skimmed too quickly and misread the age linkups there. From personal experience, I'll never be as strict on my children as the parents of one of my past relationships was on theirs.

The age difference wasn't even worth acknowledging and in another year or so would've been negligable, and in ten years would've been completely normal. Much like your situation, only not quite. But, anyways, long story short, we had a great relationship and never saw the sudden parental change-over that occured when my birthday hit and I was threatened with all kinds of laws. We called it quits and decided if we both still had the same desire to be together as we did then we'd resume. However, both of us have moved on. And now I'm in another great relationship. :-|

But, yeah, my children won't have me pushing all this age crap on them. If my daughter meets a responsible young man, slightly older than her, who's got a good head on his shoulders and seems to be pulling through life without hitches, then it's fine by me. I wouldn't be so quick to let her fall into some neo-punk-goth type, or whatever retarded fads are in place in another score or so, then it's time for a parental smackdown.

Why can't you see her? From the way it sounds, her parents are not wanting you two to date. But why? Age difference? Finding this information would be your first step to solving the problem. If you have problems with the parents you NEED to solve it. No sense in going about marriage(future) if the parents are against it.

Suggestion? Play by the rules. They will win if you don't + breaking their rules is being disrespectful to them.

-Storm

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Storm33229 said:
Why can't you see her? From the way it sounds, her parents are not wanting you two to date. But why? Age difference? Finding this information would be your first step to solving the problem. If you have problems with the parents you NEED to solve it. No sense in going about marriage(future) if the parents are against it.

Suggestion? Play by the rules. They will win if you don't + breaking their rules is being disrespectful to them.

-Storm
The dad said "I'm a little too old" but he was fine with it. The stepmom said "He's not up to my godly standards" she can rot in the lowest depths of my ass. Me = Athiest. We tried playing by the rules, but that wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.