RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...not a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
UOTopShards.com said:
If your heart is attached I truely feel for you but if it sin't why bother. There are way to many hot ass women in this world to even go down that road.

Besides, once you go out and get laid by another woman, you'll hardly feel the pain.
Be that as it may, most of these women are either lacking everything else that makes them suitable for any real relationship or if they have the qualities that grace a real woman worth taking a knee for, chances are someone else already has.

And if you're ever lucky enough to find someone who fits your criteria to be as perfect a mate as you could hope for, the experience of intimacy with that person is easily ten-fold what you could expect from any lady of the evening. If you don't know this personally, then just take my word for it.

nomad707

Knight
When I opened the door and saw him before he could get a word out, I threw $40 at him and said he could come back when he bought clothes that fit.

Someone doesnt know the meaning of tolerance.

PerfectWing said:
Be that as it may, most of these women are either lacking everything else that makes them suitable for any real relationship or if they have the qualities that grace a real woman worth taking a knee for, chances are someone else already has.

And if you're ever lucky enough to find someone who fits your criteria to be as perfect a mate as you could hope for, the experience of intimacy with that person is easily ten-fold what you could expect from any lady of the evening. If you don't know this personally, then just take my word for it.
You just got karma.

WarAngel

Wanderer
poopthrower said:
Someone doesnt know the meaning of tolerance.

How is that related to tolerance? The kid doesn't have enough respect for his daughter to wear semi-decent clothing when he comes to take her out on a date, so the dad tells him to go get new clothes. I wouldn't let her go out with him either. There's a difference between if the dad just didn't like the guy and didn't let him take his daughter out and the kid dressing like trash to take his daughter out.

WarAngel

Wanderer
I would say so. If the guy has clothes hanging off his ass, that instantly signals irresponsibility to me. A normal pair of jeans or any type of pants are not that expensive. Can't say I would want my daughter dating anyone remotely like this intelligent fellow:

nomad707

Knight
yep.. warangel is right.. wearing baggy clothes instantly shows a complete lack of brainpower,personality, and any other form of a soul.

Not.

WarAngel said:
I would say so. If the guy has clothes hanging off his ass, that instantly signals irresponsibility to me. A normal pair of jeans or any type of pants are not that expensive. Can't say I would want my daughter dating anyone remotely like this intelligent fellow:

Well I don't care for it, but #1 Girls are not stupid, they are capable of making decisions for themselves. They are also capable of learning lessons by themselves. If dating a guy that looks like K-Fed is neccessary to teach her a lesson, maybe thats what needed. BUT #2, Said person may only look like a moron and not actually be one. He may open doors for her, never say a single cuss word in front of her, and ask permission before grabbing her boobies. On the other hand someone dressed in a suit and tie might treat her like crap, get her drunk and take her virginity.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Your number two is correct. Telling someone that clothes is a direct sign of how someone will act or treat someone else is "judging a book by it's cover". It's rather ironic that adults instill these lessons in their children, then pass a double standard when they act on them.

However, young adults and children should be able to empathise with how they are going to look to the current generation of parents. Parents today are afraid of anything different and they, despite what they tell others, are extremely hypocritical to what they teach. They'll tell you to not judge a book by it's covers, however immediately relate someone who wears a jumpsuit to what they saw on MTV the other day. As unfair and irresponsible with their lessons as parents are today, it's best just to let them think they are winning the battle, but be yourself with your girlfriend as it's obviously what she was drawn to in the first place, right?

Taking that into consideration, just wear some nice clothes, act polite, and try to respect the parents opinion. (Don't give up on your own integrity though). I've had more than one argument with my girlfriends mom, her dad seems to be fine with me, about how serious I was with her daughter. "We think you're trying to marry her or something." I replied: "Yes, ma'am. I am. Not today, not tomorrow, maybe not for another five years, but I have every intention of sliding a ring on her finger one day, if we make it that far." And who knows? Maybe she doesn't think about me that way, but it's how I feel about her and she knows it and I want her to know it. So at least I won't be blaming myself if things don't work out.

Edit! I also agree with your number one. Been through that before as well. Parents need to understand, if your child -wants- to do something, no matter what you do as their parents, they -can- and -will- do it if they really want to. Being oppressive simply will lead them to doing it as an act of rebellion, then when they are stuck in a state of contrition because they can't talk to their overbearing parents, what are they going to do? Exactly: Whatever they have to do, without your help.

Bleach

Knight
Fuck ... where in the Hell did you guys find my pic??

But seriously, It doesn't matter what one wears, what matters is how well he/she takes care of themselves and others.

What we wear is often associated with our lifestyles, personal tastes/likes, and community. The way we treat others has to do with how we're raised. Or at least, that's how I see things ...

I wear a lot of black, sit by myself, draw and write poetry. Does that make me a Goth? An Emo? I think not. We can't judge people by the way they look. If someone doesn't have much money, and wears bad clothes, is he/she a bad person? If someon has a job, wears expensive clothes, does that make them a better person over anyone else? I think not.

Ah, where the love leads, when you are young, isn't it beautiful? *nostalgic* :)

Read that: Gottfried Keller - Kleider machen Leute

Malaperth

Wanderer
Wow... How quickly and seriously this has degraded. It started out with someone asking for opinions on his love life and has plummeted into man's sensibility vs. women's sensilibilty.

I'm the biggest asshole I know, but I can also take a comment. Truth is in the eye of the beholder and simply being rude (ok, so Courageous said it better than I did), just make people pissed off.

David

Moderate
PerfectWing said:
Parents today are afraid of anything different and they, despite what they tell others
Hate to say it, but this has always been true--and always will be. Todays gangsta wannabe's are yesterdays hippies. And folks when your children reach your age you will shake your head in amazement and mutter under your breath about "kids today."

The best thing you can do for your children is try to instill in them a sense of responsibility for their actions, a good work ethic, and a sense of humor. Above all else...there should never be a single day that your kid wonders if you love them. At some point you do have to trust them to live their lives. But try to understand that as old as you think 17 or so is, your parents realize how much more you have to learn. The hardest thing a parent can ever do is let go.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Perhaps, however the point of that sentence is that just because you have the power to restrict your siblings freedom at will, doesn't give you the right to be hypocritical to your own teachings.

I actually talked with my mom the other day about this kind of thing, well, a few weeks ago, but anyways. She made mention that she -never- used the phrase "Because, I said so." when we were growing up. She always gave her reasons. It was after I had made mention of how I wouldn't tell my children that.

The best thing you can do for your children is try to instill in them a sense of responsibility for their actions, a good work ethic, and a sense of humor.
And I completely agree with this. I'd say it's the best thing my mom did raising me as a single parent. For some reason, I also have the women's outlook that most men are slimey wastes of skin. 0_0 I had to learn that women can be just as bad from personal experience. The one thing my mom didn't prepare me for in life! Oh, the pain!
At some point you do have to trust them to live their lives. But try to understand that as old as you think 17 or so is, your parents realize how much more you have to learn. The hardest thing a parent can ever do is let go.
This is probably best left to a per person basis. Girls supposedly mature faster anyway. But, regardless, I'm only 22, a young adult, and I know the only things I've really learned from my age of 17 to now is that, besides my parents, most parents are hypocrites. It can't be denied, that just because they have the ability to say what they want and do what they want without anyone to call them out (do it as a kid and face a belt...) is probably why.

I'll probably never understand the real concept of those kinds of parents, because I made up my mind to never be that way now. And I constantly remind myself to really put myself in the kids shoes. Sometimes they actually do know what they are talking about and if there is a lesson to be learned, let them learn it so they can acknowledge that they aren't always right.

WarAngel

Wanderer
poopthrower said:
yep.. warangel is right.. wearing baggy clothes instantly shows a complete lack of brainpower,personality, and any other form of a soul.

I know. Thanks for re-affirming. I know your "Not" was simply in jest.

Courageous

Wanderer
I know a number of unix geeks, say of the type that quite literally drew up the first TCP/IP implementation, and what not and so forth, that were the ponytail wearers when that was considered the sign of a complete degenerate.

While I find the whole baggy pants thing to be purely idiotic, and the idolization of gangsta rap not only idiotic but both base gutterality as well as borderline insulting, the facts remain.

Doubt it says much, except that the fellow is an impressionable young man, being led around by trendy thisses and thatses.

C//

Malaperth

Wanderer
My whole problem with the 'baggy pants' stuff is that, from my standpoint (an old fart AND a parent), most simply look like they shit themselves and couldn't be bothered to clean themselves.

Malaperth

Wanderer
LOL... funny you should say that... I was just told that I AM an old fart (ok, no kidding...), and that the "load" in the pants could be something that really belongs in a man's pants...

My response: If it looks like a full diaper, does it matter what it really is?

And I'm not in a bunch. Old ladies used to run away from me because of my long hair so as much as I may not like it, I can live with it (as long as it doesn't smell like I describe above >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.