RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update...not a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Li_N

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:
Can anyone find me any information about the schools right to both a) run my plates and b) tell him my information?

I'm having a hard time finding anything.
My girlfriend is learning to be a teacher, and her ex-fiance cheated on her with a 17 year old student. He's a track coach or something for her. Nothing physical happened that she knows of, but still...

Anyway, she was telling me that if there's even a suspicion that someone over 18 is ... messing ... with someone under 18, it's mandatory to report such behavior (for teachers). To my knowledge, they have no legal obligation to to tell her parents, but they can do it anyway. Your rights as a student are not much.

On another note, you might have some viable action pertaining to them giving someone that is not your legal guardian your name and such. Didn't think schools were allowed to do such things without your parent's permission (yes, parents, not you ;))

Either way, something you might try is approach her parents and explain to them your intentions, if your intentions are good. Keep things ... non-physical untill both of you are over 18.

A_Li_N

Knight
DontdroptheSOAD said:
The dad said "I'm a little too old" but he was fine with it. The stepmom said "He's not up to my godly standards" she can rot in the lowest depths of my ass. Me = Athiest. We tried playing by the rules, but that wasn't good enough.
2 years is nothing, but a daddy is a daddy. When you have a little girl, you will understand this :)
As for the mom, try being a little more open about her beliefs and she's bound to accept you. If not, there's nothing you can do. But saying things like what you just did won't help your cause.

A_Li_N said:
My girlfriend is learning to be a teacher, and her ex-fiance cheated on her with a 17 year old student. He's a track coach or something for her. Nothing physical happened that she knows of, but still...

Anyway, she was telling me that if there's even a suspicion that someone over 18 is ... messing ... with someone under 18, it's mandatory to report such behavior (for teachers). To my knowledge, they have no legal obligation to to tell her parents, but they can do it anyway. Your rights as a student are not much.

On another note, you might have some viable action pertaining to them giving someone that is not your legal guardian your name and such. Didn't think schools were allowed to do such things without your parent's permission (yes, parents, not you ;))

Either way, something you might try is approach her parents and explain to them your intentions, if your intentions are good. Keep things ... non-physical untill both of you are over 18.

ummm somehow I think its physical already. I think he even said when he lost it with her. He was all celebratory.

DontdroptheSOAD said:
Ya so me and my girlfriend as I am sure most of you know cannot see each other simply for the fact that she is 15 i am 17, and her stepmom is a deeply religous bitch. Well the only real way we have been able to see each other, is for me to meet her before school. Bad Idea.

She called me from school today to tell me that they called her to the office, told me that they knew that she had been sneaking off and that they ran my plates and knew everything about me. She said that they can't tell her dad who I am because I am under 18, but she can tell them that she has been with a friend.

So essentially, I and/or her are fucked. We will stay together, but there is the possibility I get in trouble or her dad finds out and kills me.
If your heart is attached I truely feel for you but if it sin't why bother. There are way to many hot ass women in this world to even go down that road.

Besides, once you go out and get laid by another woman, you'll hardly feel the pain.

nomad707

Knight
ddts.... Ask her parents how much age difference they have? Tell them its her life they are fucking over, and making absolutely dreadfull without seeing you.. My ex-'s mom was the same way.. She thought dating was against the bible or some shit..
Anyways, her stepmom sounds like a real douchebag.. I hope you can figure things out before you turn 18. And dont listen to these other people saying shop around, or get laid.. if you love yer girl, stay with her, and make it work.. just keep tryin bro.. thats all the advice i really have.
-PT

Viago

Knight
who gets bannd for saying "Eat Dick"?

ive heard worse.

gawd....rivalrys.....sigh....lil kids......sigh....oooh my pizzas here!

Viago said:
who gets bannd for saying "Eat Dick"?

ive heard worse.

gawd....rivalrys.....sigh....lil kids......sigh....oooh my pizzas here!
You may be forgetting who is doing the banning. A moderator once banned me for jokingly telling bzk "nice to see you too, faggotface" after a long hiatus which he didnt acknowledge for "unprovoked flaming", even though me and bzk joked back and forth for half a page before he decided to ban me.

Bleach

Knight
UOTopShards.com said:
If your heart is attached I truely feel for you but if it sin't why bother. There are way to many hot ass women in this world to even go down that road.

Besides, once you go out and get laid by another woman, you'll hardly feel the pain.

Go back, and read Kirin-man's posts. He had just about the same problem, and Anti-Basic said (basically) the same thing.

He's now living with her in Calgary (as stated in "Update" Thread), happy as Hell. So after such a story like that, how can you sit there and tell him to look forward to shacking up with someone else ... ? That's plainly heartless, and inconsiderate. I've spent a long time reading up on some users here, and with the way DDTS speaks of his GF, I can tell he really, truly cares about her. (Even reffered to her as his Fiancè.).

This is NOT the kind of thing to be saying in a post like this. Maybe if she broke up with him (which I doubt will happen), then, maybe, just maybe you could suggest such a thing, but here, I simply can not tollerate it.

'Nuff said.

Bleach said:
Go back, and read Kirin-man's posts. He had just about the same problem, and Anti-Basic said (basically) the same thing.

He's now living with her in Calgary (as stated in "Update" Thread), happy as Hell. So after such a story like that, how can you sit there and tell him to look forward to shacking up with someone else ... ? That's plainly heartless, and inconsiderate. I've spent a long time reading up on some users here, and with the way DDTS speaks of his GF, I can tell he really, truly cares about her. (Even reffered to her as his Fiancè.).

This is NOT the kind of thing to be saying in a post like this. Maybe if she broke up with him (which I doubt will happen), then, maybe, just maybe you could suggest such a thing, but here, I simply can not tollerate it.

'Nuff said.
I actually told him to blow up a school first, then to get drunk and get laid and have wild crazy sex with girls with no self esteem.

Viago

Knight
Anti-Basic said:
have wild crazy sex with girls with no self esteem.

they are plentiful.........just make sure you dick is protected.......lol

Anti-Basic said:
You may be forgetting who is doing the banning. A moderator once banned me for jokingly telling bzk "nice to see you too, faggotface" after a long hiatus which he didnt acknowledge for "unprovoked flaming", even though me and bzk joked back and forth for half a page before he decided to ban me.

yea ive noticed somepeople get on others peoples nerves, just cause they dun like em. ive noticed some people have lil more leeway in thier post oposed to others.

used to be a time where they would edit your post and put ***** if it was really bad kinda thing. and give a warning.....but i supose weve bee here long enugh to all have a warning or two....lol

Courageous

Wanderer
It would appear to be that "eat a dick" is one of those subtle anythings that are not part of "flames are permitted", because they are not "within reason".

My opinion: while I don't really like the premise of a "flames permitted" board for this community, and think it should be done away with, the fact is we do have one. That being the case, this looks a lot like capricious moderation:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/capricious

BTW, I'm reminded of the old rule of UO behavior, where the bylaw was "if you can't say it at Disneyland, don't say it on Ultima Online." Probably not a bad forum rule.

C//

Viago

Knight
Courageous said:
It would appear to be that "eat a dick" is one of those subtle anythings that are not part of "flames are permitted", because they are not "within reason".

My opinion: while I don't really like the premise of a "flames permitted" board for this community, and think it should be done away with, the fact is we do have one. That being the case, this looks a lot like capricious moderation:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/capricious

BTW, I'm reminded of the old rule of UO behavior, where the bylaw was "if you can't say it at Disneyland, don't say it on Ultima Online." Probably not a bad forum rule.

C//

lol i love how you had to define capricious.

Viago

Knight
Courageous said:

it was more of an emotional retort to a comment that he didnt like, because he obviously carse about his girl, and person who commented did not relize that. It in my opinion was not a flame. but im just a nitwit forum lurker.

Viago said:
it was more of an emotional retort to a comment that he didnt like, because he obviously carse about his girl, and person who commented did not relize that. It in my opinion was not a flame. but im just a nitwit forum lurker.
aye, it was a very natural comment to make. I can see where Ravon might be offended, but if he had read soads entire post and fully understood how much he cares about her, he would realize how much his post also hurt soad.

Courageous

Wanderer
I can see where Ravon might be offended,...

One really shouldn't be particularly concerned whether or not one is offended on a forum that says "flames permitted," yes? Curse words are the least useful words for hurting other people, after all.

There are literate ways of tearing others down... the more you know about them, the more you can hurt them. I can think of, have personally seen... words that can make other people suicidal, when "flames are permitted".

Curse words are the last words to leave us when our brains are terribly damaged. You can lose all of your ability with language, every last bit, literally, and still have curse words. It doesn't take an IQ of even 40 to use curse words.

C//

Drull

Wanderer
I've got banned for even less. SOAD, just give Ryan a shout. He'll help. He's actually level headed and not a power tripping idiot.

<3 <3 <3

Santaria

Wanderer
Courageous said:

C//

I was at Disneyland about 8 years ago with my wife and 2 daughters. (Daughters were 3 and 10 at the time.) We were walking happily from one place to another in Tomorrowland when two cast memebers, both male, approached us and asked, "Would you like a private tour of the park?" My wife got all giddy and replied, "Yes, of course! That would be great!" At this point one of the cast members replied, "Sorry, Bitch! We were talking to him," and pointed at me. I am not going to tell you about the rest of the conversation, but I assure you, some language at Disneyland probably should not be repeated on these boards!

On the whole dating thing...

I have two daughters, 18 and 11; no sons. (God's retribution for my testosterone driven youthful indescretions!) I remember what I was thinking about at 18. Hell, at 14, 15, 16.....20...40.. It is gonna take some kind of real gentleman to ever get any real consideration from me on dating my daughters. I had a 20-something year old guy show up to pick up my eldest. He showed up with the whole baggy trouser thing going on. When I opened the door and saw him before he could get a word out, I threw $40 at him and said he could come back when he bought clothes that fit. His dad showed up an hour later and thanked me for reinforcing a message that seemed to go unheeded.

[rant] If guys wear baggy pants hanging off their ass to look cool, and women in general find this offensive and ridiculous and only other guys find it cool, who are these guys really trying to impress? [/rant]

Next time step mom talks to you about being religious, tell her you want to emulate the Bible and want to start a long line of so and so begot so and so and they begot so and so.... :)

Seriously, the age difference is not about age, it is about life experience. Generally, an 18 year old has been exposed to much more than a 15 year old. But the same 3 year difference for say a 42 year old and a 45 year old is not anywhere as substantial when considering life experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.